E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

white 535xi

Search this Thread

Old 07-24-2008, 02:09 PM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Gs_535xi, despite a few "I have more money than you" comments here and there written in anger (but still not justified or honorable) you seem like a pretty nice kid. Sure, you have some pretty warped views about wealth, status symbols (as in that's all they really are, "symbols"), and self-worth, but I cannot blame you for all of it. You're the product of your upbringing and community.

For example, I think it's pitiful that you'll be 'looking down' on your brand new $90-something thousand dollar BMW for 'not' being an M5. You should be thankful for what you have in life; not stressing (or lying about) what you don't. 95% of the world cannot afford the car you are about to be given. It's more than they make in one or even more years of working all year long. See my point? Sure, know the rules of popularity and acceptance in your school's social circles, it's perfectly understandable, but there's a difference between doing that and actually accepting them.

Btw, I HAVE to ask this as it's been brought up by someone else who is familiar with your area of Canada and how the families are there: Are you a member of another culture/nationality 'within' Canada's more dominant population? I ask because of the disturbing (to ME, my opinion) practice of elevating the value of the boys in the family because they have a penis and downgrading the value of the female members, i.e. sisters and daughters. This seems rather "Eastern" or "Middle Eastern" in practice. Just curious -- not judging even though I may sound like I am. Again, we don't make up the rules of our own culture. (Although, again, I'd argue that we are in total control of whether we play along with them or question their validity instead ... The former is the easiest to do when you're the benefactor.)

ANYhoo ... back on topic ... Be sure to request that your Shadowline trim is the "Glossy" set vs. the standard "Satin finish." The M5 comes with the Glossy finish and it looks soooo much better, especially in contrast to the Alpine white. It was actually an Alpine white 550i I observed at my local BMW's service bay that inspired me to have this upgrade applied to mine. It cost more, but it's definitely worth every dollar, IMHO! The Sales Manager saw mine and is now ordering more of them for future 5's.

Can't wait to see your new car!

And for the record, I went to a private school here in Florida and graduated high school at the age of 17. I began my senior year at 16 and ended at 17 by June. This is not that unusual regardless of country. I don't remember when the cutoff date is, but it all depends on when your birthday falls within the calendar year. I was always younger than my friends in the same grade; not a good thing for athletics and my feeble attempts to go out with the ladies. It's amazing what a difference one year can make when you're that young ...
Old 07-24-2008, 11:38 PM
Members

My Ride: 2006 530xi. alpine white, black leather, 6 speed. mtech kit.

seriously, get off this kids back...HE'S 16!!!!!! i have a 16 yr old brother at home who can barely remember what our home phone number is, let alone master the rules of society that almost everyone here is imposing on this kid.
gs-535xi...you're one lucky SOB and i would do the same if i was your age. don't apologize for having rich folks who can get you whatever you want. i grew up in a country where my mum made less that $4000 a yr and i appreciate everything i have now because i never had it when i was your age...but that's the way i grew up. just enjoy the money now and floss all you want when you can coz money comes and goes.
much luv man...congrats on the ride.
but seriously, good grades???????? is that in English too???
Old 07-25-2008, 12:38 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by gs_535xi' post='614767' date='Jul 2 2008, 05:41 PM
I agree, here's a short list of cars that my neibhours kids got at age 16: (It's also only in Abbotsford, image what its like in Vancouver)
Bentley Continental Flying Spur
Mercedes S-Class AMG
Escalade, its like a tradition, every other house has one near my house...
Porsche Cayman
760i
lexus ls hybrid
bmw x6
Maserati Quatroporte
all these cars are only from my street and there all owned by the "boys". The average car for a girl here is about $35,000. I think our parents are spoiling us a bit and favouring the guys but why should I complain...
honestly after i saw this post this seems like a joke and full of crap.. oh yeah you can say all your neighbors drive this and that.. maybe i should say i have bugatti or soemthing liek that?
well if you say so then just take picture of your neighbors with all these cars.. and i will believe you
Old 08-07-2008, 04:13 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2008 Alpine White 550i Sport, Cream Beige Interior, 6-Sp Manual - retired 9/2011

So.....you got the car? Let's see those pics of that $99.3K ($86.6K pre-tax) 535xi! It better be nice for that price!

And just think....you haven't even lowered it yet or purchased new 19" rims!
Old 08-07-2008, 04:51 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2008 X6 xDrive 3.5

Maybe you should get this to make your car extra stand out and speical! The car will look even more luxurious than the Bentleys!
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/3-Crystal-E...sspagenameZWDVW
Old 08-07-2008, 05:23 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2008 Alpine White 550i Sport, Cream Beige Interior, 6-Sp Manual - retired 9/2011

Bling, Bling!
Old 08-07-2008, 06:14 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2009 Ford F-250 Harley Davidson Edition 6.4L OHV Power Stroke Turbo Diesel V8 (350hp/650lbft) Blue Flame Package Dual Alternators Touch Screen Navigation + DVD Player Uplifter Switches Trailer Brake Controller Traction Control Rapid Heat Supplemental Cab Heater Rear View Camera Power Slide Moonroof

Group Buy!
Old 08-07-2008, 09:44 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 04 525i, 04 Dinan M3

First mod is to add chrome air vents.

jk
Old 08-08-2008, 06:22 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2008 X6 xDrive 3.5

Originally Posted by tex_phil' post='642284' date='Aug 8 2008, 01:44 AM
First mod is to add chrome air vents.

jk

No no no, that's too common! We need something REALLY special to help our 16 years old kid stand out for the crowd!
Old 08-08-2008, 06:39 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by gs_535xi' post='613458' date='Jul 1 2008, 02:23 AM
haha no veyrons too muchh:O, for graduation im gettin 20 inch rims put on it.
and then after university im gettin an aston martin vantage.... i think thats to motivate me to do good in school

English class, attend it.

Quick Reply: white 535xi