E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

Where will they fit the extra buttons for ventilated active seats?

Search this Thread

Old 01-14-2007, 02:49 PM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 320d SE (E90) manual - Sapphire Black, Beige Leather Sports Seats, Burled Walnut, Heated Seats, Sunroof, Comfort Access, Hi-Fi sound, Bluetooth, Side-Window blinds, Through-Load, Luggage Net, PDC Front & Rear, Adaptive Xenons, Style 158 17", Chrome Grill & Window Trim, Blackline Tailights, Power folding/dimming side mirrors, Split Armrest, Dual Zone Climate, Cruise, LEDs on door handles, iPod nano, SE K750i

Re: LCI/Facelift
Can any of your figure out how they are going to fit the array of buttons for those (like me) who are considering ordering

- Comfort Seats with (i) ventilation (ii) heating and (iii) active function (buttock massage)

Previously these 8 buttons were in a row horizonally in the centre console (along with the DTC and PDC buttons)
In the facelift it looks like there is only room for 6 buttons.
Please see pics below to see what I mean.

Does any know how where all the buttons will be on the LCI?
Attached Thumbnails Where will they fit the extra buttons for ventilated active seats?-old_config.jpg   Where will they fit the extra buttons for ventilated active seats?-post_1702_1168383172_thumb.jpg  
Old 01-15-2007, 02:06 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2005 525i : Alpine White, Steptronic, Black Interior with Amethyst Leather & Popular Grain Brown, 17" 122-Style Rims, Adaptive Bi-Xenon Headlights, Auto Dimming & Folding Mirrors, Advanced A/C, Sports Steering Wheel, Electrically Adjustable Steering Column, Extended Lighting Package, PDC, Sliding Armrest, Bus Navi, Hi-Fi Sound System (MP3 DVDs), CD Changer, Rear Sunshades.. MODS:M-tech front bumper, Painted Grill, Installed Aux-In, Garage Door Opener (Overhead Compartement), ///M Steering wheel, Wood hand brake trim, Wood gear-shift lever. 35% Tint all around.. Got, ACS Roof Spoiler, but not installed..

yea i thought about that too.. on your pictures there are 3 butons on each side, at the top one side has "dtc" buton the other looks like it may be the button to open the trunk... but under them they look they look like a button to activate the seats side support, perhaps they have become active like on the M5... and under that is an active heating, that only has one LED so not adjustable... they are probably all adjustable in the idrive menu.. and these butons are there just to switch them of and on quickly.......
Old 01-15-2007, 02:06 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2005 525i : Alpine White, Steptronic, Black Interior with Amethyst Leather & Popular Grain Brown, 17" 122-Style Rims, Adaptive Bi-Xenon Headlights, Auto Dimming & Folding Mirrors, Advanced A/C, Sports Steering Wheel, Electrically Adjustable Steering Column, Extended Lighting Package, PDC, Sliding Armrest, Bus Navi, Hi-Fi Sound System (MP3 DVDs), CD Changer, Rear Sunshades.. MODS:M-tech front bumper, Painted Grill, Installed Aux-In, Garage Door Opener (Overhead Compartement), ///M Steering wheel, Wood hand brake trim, Wood gear-shift lever. 35% Tint all around.. Got, ACS Roof Spoiler, but not installed..

active seats and active ventlation remain, i supose they may be in the i drive, but it cant be that i go in the menu just to turn on active seat, maybe they managed to add more functions to it, like senstivity and speed adjustment....
Old 01-15-2007, 02:25 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by madoon' post='378426' date='Jan 15 2007, 11:06 AM
i supose they may be in the i drive
In which case you could choose to bring out the function to the presettable function keys.

ABC
Old 01-15-2007, 02:55 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 320d SE (E90) manual - Sapphire Black, Beige Leather Sports Seats, Burled Walnut, Heated Seats, Sunroof, Comfort Access, Hi-Fi sound, Bluetooth, Side-Window blinds, Through-Load, Luggage Net, PDC Front & Rear, Adaptive Xenons, Style 158 17", Chrome Grill & Window Trim, Blackline Tailights, Power folding/dimming side mirrors, Split Armrest, Dual Zone Climate, Cruise, LEDs on door handles, iPod nano, SE K750i

Originally Posted by aybeesea' post='378430' date='Jan 15 2007, 11:25 AM
In which case you could choose to bring out the function to the presettable function keys.
2 down, 6 to go...
That would be a waste of those programmable buttons.
Old 01-15-2007, 03:03 AM
Senior Members

thats what i was thinking... in the end you would need more, and then gradually they will increase... i dont like them.. the whole point of the i drive is to remove the buttons so you wouldnt reach to the dash every five minutes to change something, now days the only time i reach to the dash is to press the eject on the cd drive, other than that all is done through the knob... maybe if there voice recognition was better there wouldnt be any need for those button, you wouldnt need more than that, i think there too much already...
Old 01-15-2007, 03:25 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by Raighne' post='378435' date='Jan 15 2007, 11:55 AM
2 down, 6 to go...
That would be a waste of those programmable buttons.
But if it were the case it's a choice. And you don't have to have a dedicated button for the passenger that may not be there...

I would see it as catering for personal preferences, after all there can reasonably be only so many buttons in a cockpit - even a 747!

ABC
Old 01-15-2007, 03:45 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by aybeesea' post='378442' date='Jan 15 2007, 12:25 PM
I would see it as catering for personal preferences, after all there can reasonably be only so many buttons in a cockpit - even a 747!
The facelift centre console layout certainly doesn't scale as well as the old one...

but

I suppose the new design looks a bit nicer and very few people would have all of these features anyway... and... there's nothing worse than having 'blanks' where the buttons would be and there is a bit more storage with that new sliding compartment added

Pros and cons, pros and cons... seems like a fair tradeoff. I was just curious.
Old 01-15-2007, 04:22 AM
Contributors

My Ride: E61 535d Apr 05. UK spec + Media Pack, Luxury Pack & Visibility Pack

Since we all seem to be speculating...

How about the most logical of places? The seat itself (I've never had a seat with so many buttons on it - and that's "only" with the sport seats, fully electric)
Old 01-15-2007, 04:42 AM
Senior Members

I guess we won't know the answer to this question until Iceman orders another fully loaded car? =)

Quick Reply: Where will they fit the extra buttons for ventilated active seats?