E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

where and when did You fall in love?

Search this Thread

Old 12-13-2006, 11:02 AM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I thought it was a Korean mutant Hyundai!

Then I kinda admired the boldness of the design, but not for me.

Then controversial Audi bassmouth grill came out and I thought it was really nice lines form front to back.

Then the 5er started to look really nice to me.

I guess it was so bold at first that the "eye" needed time to see it, and the rest of the world has used cues from it also.

I really fell into it when I drove one.

I fell in love last week when I put in my order for it!
Old 12-13-2006, 12:43 PM
Members

My Ride: 535d M Sport, Silver-grey, Black Dakota, Media, Visibility, HUD, Foldy mirrors, Hot seats.

A mate of mine bought a sport version and I thought they looked very nice, plus the interior was very smart and cleaner due to less buttons.

I've grown to like the standard car now, as well and certainly agree that the design has remained fresh whereas merc and audis competition by just being evolutionary have aged much sooner than the e60. The e60 still looks fresh. I think Bangles influence may have been a good thing!!

Even the seven looks a handsome beast now they've revised it a bit.
Old 12-13-2006, 01:55 PM
Members

The angel eyes came up from behind me one night then passed me up on the left.....I was hooked.
Old 12-13-2006, 03:33 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by skaffa' post='52863' date='Nov 5 2004, 07:55 AM
I still remember that:

It was sping 2003 and I was looking new car. My wife and I had plan to start building house and I wanted a touring, so we looked 320d. Then I got this assignment to Ireland and that meant that I could by a tax free car . Nice gentleman in dealers showed brochure about new coming e60. I was not immediately in love, but because it seemed to give most for the money, I drove the car (530d steptronic) and then I fall in love for inner beauty . Later I have came to appreciate outside look too. Now I'm here with You all.

European guys remember hullabaloo when Ford Sierra came back in 1982 . Then it was ultra modern. Now e60 is "only" modern.

Skaffa

when I first saw the E60 i thought it looked crap and ugly. But now ive bought one! Shows how views can change. Yep, when the sierra came out, it looked horrible - i think one thing was the slatted front grille (but they quickly modded that - twice i think). After a year or two, it was accepted as totally conventional....

ps - for USA users, the sierra was sold as the Merkur ( a top range model that wasnt sold in uk - 4cyl 2.3 turbo)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Merkur
cheers

steve
Old 12-13-2006, 04:55 PM
Former Vendor

My Ride: F13 M6

i was already looking at bmw in general.. it really hit me when my dad decided to actually get the e60.. even though it wasnt the color my mom wanted it was still hot. i remember on june 16, 2005... the guy gave me the key and told me i could test drive it for myself if i wanted. i went in the car and just wanted to see how the engine sounds and all.. never had a bmw before so yeah. i turned the key and it didnt start and i started pumping the gas so im like oh shit i thought i broke it haha. so i just pretty much ditched the car until the guy came back and explained that i have to step on the brake... yeah i know.. embarassing.. but ever since then ive wanted to drive the car all the time.. now that time has come
Old 12-14-2006, 03:01 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 06 530XI Sapphire Black, Black Int. 6sp, Cold, Prem

I think it was when my hot internet salesgirl informed me that she wasn't wearing any panties.
Old 12-14-2006, 03:14 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by jrsamps' post='367570' date='Dec 15 2006, 12:01 AM
I think it was when my hot internet salesgirl informed me that she wasn't wearing any panties.
Id ask her to take it for a test drive with me, and make sure i dropped the keys as i handed them back to her.

but im just a perv

cheers

steve
Old 12-14-2006, 07:11 PM
JC3
Contributors

My Ride: 2008 E90 335i Titanium Silver GONE - 2005 530i Titanium Grey

I read a review of the E60 M5 while I was on a weekend trip in Paris and loved the E60 shape (Nov 2004)

Then in February 2005, my wife & I went to visit her friends in Essen, Germany and they had a black 530i and on the way home from the airport, hopped on the autobahn and did 200km in the blink of an eye. Later, when he took us to the city centre and reverse parked the car in a tight space with the aid of the PDC and active steering, I knew there was no other car I'd want. 7 months down the track and back home down under, I got my baby. Still in love today...
Old 12-14-2006, 07:41 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2006 550i, Alpine White, Beige Ltr, Sport Pkg, Cold Weather Pkg, Premium Sound, Active Steering, Comfort Access, Steptronic, Nav, Satellite Radio, Split Fold Rear Seats, V1

When I saw the horsepower rating of the 550, I knew right then I had to have her...
Old 12-14-2006, 10:08 PM
Contributors

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: 545i Sport
Model Year: 2004
Engine: N62

She had me at "Hello"
She- completes me

Quick Reply: where and when did You fall in love?