E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

where and when did You fall in love?

Search this Thread

Old 11-05-2004, 07:51 PM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 04 525i w/ sports and premium pakage, titanium silver, gray dakota leather w/ polar grain wood trim, steptronic

oops~~ forgot 2 sign in~~
Old 11-06-2004, 12:03 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 525i Sport. Mystic Blue. Logic 7, 6 CD Changer, Floormats. Just call me the last of the big spenders!!

The looks of the car took time to grow on me, but there was one day about 6 motnhs ago that I was driving next to one on a dual carriageway. You know when the car is in the next lane at about 10 o'clock.

Then I saw just how stunning it was (THOSE 124 WHEELS!!!).

When I found out that not only could I afford one, but that I could get one brand new, that's when my heart started beating off the scale.

Had her now for 3 weeks. She is gorgeous and I can't get enough (though she's spent most of her time in airport parking ).
Old 12-12-2006, 09:41 PM
Contributors

My Ride: Mini Cooper

When I 1s saw the car in a magazine before it came out in 2003, I loved it.
I like the old e39 before too.
Old 12-13-2006, 05:43 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2005 BMW 545i, Silver Grey, Sport Package, R. Shades, Cold Pkg, Sat. Rad., Prem. Sound.

Originally Posted by pinguhk' post='366816' date='Dec 13 2006, 12:41 AM
When I 1s saw the car in a magazine before it came out in 2003, I loved it.
I like the old e39 before too.
I didn't realize how beautiful the e60 was until after I bought it. Coming from a Lexus/Japanese design side, realizing the european, and especially BMW design was a "eureka" moment for me (I see the light moment!). Perhaps it was the Bangle design.

At first, I thought the e60 stole some designs from the Lincoln LS model. A closer look revealed that that the e60 design was more refined and preferred (by me).
Old 12-13-2006, 05:58 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by alohalc' post='52878' date='Nov 5 2004, 05:35 PM
i first saw the car in a magazine and i fell in love...ummm...70% because i also considered clk at that time. but after i finally test drove both and i fell in love 110% ! no comparison at all <_<. e60 rules !
Same here... I was choosing between the CLK (before minor change) and the 5, but grew to love the 5 much more, and now I have the 5 and my bro the CLK, and we share.
Old 12-13-2006, 06:11 AM
ipp
Senior Members

My Ride: 07' 530d - M-Sport - Titanium Silver / Black Dakota leather 08' 120i - M-Sport - Alpine White III / Black Sensatec

When I first saw the E60 I hated it. I thought it was the end for BMW. Now I love the shape of it. That's good the design to me. When I first saw the new E-Class i liked it immediately, now it looks OLD!
Old 12-13-2006, 06:21 AM
Contributors

It took me a while to fall for the E60. I didn't hit me much when I saw the photos in the car mags; it didn't hit me much when I saw the first ones on the road; it didn't hit me much when I test drove a 525 in early 2004.

But, then, early one summer morning I saw a jet black 545 parked in a shopping lot in Westlake Village, CA. WOW. The rising sun was sparkling off of it like a diamond. I was thunderstruck.

I test drove a 545 later that week and ordered the 550 right then. I've always been a car nut, but I've never been such a freak about a car as I am with this E60.
Old 12-13-2006, 07:34 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2004 545i, 6-speed Manual, Silver Grey Metallic, Grey Dakota Leather, Cold Weather Pkg, Premium Sound Pkg, Sport Pkg, Lumbar Support

It was love at first sight upon seeing my first one in person while driving in San Diego. The lines and proportions just struck a chord in me...
Old 12-13-2006, 08:45 AM
Members

My Ride: 04 545i Titanium Grey Metallic, Auto, Nav., Bluetooth, Cold Pkg., Comfort Seats, Premium Audio

Originally Posted by tachyon' post='366934' date='Dec 13 2006, 10:21 AM
It took me a while to fall for the E60. I didn't hit me much when I saw the photos in the car mags; it didn't hit me much when I saw the first ones on the road; it didn't hit me much when I test drove a 525 in early 2004.

But, then, early one summer morning I saw a jet black 545 parked in a shopping lot in Westlake Village, CA. WOW. The rising sun was sparkling off of it like a diamond. I was thunderstruck.

I test drove a 545 later that week and ordered the 550 right then. I've always been a car nut, but I've never been such a freak about a car as I am with this E60.
I have a similar story to tachyon. It didn't hit me much when I saw pics in mags or saw the first ones on the road. But one day, I took my family to the Reston Town Center (Northern Virginia) and we were in the parking lot and I saw a black e60 with sports pkg. (no chrom arround the windows) from that moment the car stole my heart! About 5 months later, I test drove a 525, a 530 and a 545. They all drove very nicely but the accelaration of the V8 on the 545 was so awesome that I bought one.
Old 12-13-2006, 10:00 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2005 525i : Alpine White, Steptronic, Black Interior with Amethyst Leather & Popular Grain Brown, 17" 122-Style Rims, Adaptive Bi-Xenon Headlights, Auto Dimming & Folding Mirrors, Advanced A/C, Sports Steering Wheel, Electrically Adjustable Steering Column, Extended Lighting Package, PDC, Sliding Armrest, Bus Navi, Hi-Fi Sound System (MP3 DVDs), CD Changer, Rear Sunshades.. MODS:M-tech front bumper, Painted Grill, Installed Aux-In, Garage Door Opener (Overhead Compartement), ///M Steering wheel, Wood hand brake trim, Wood gear-shift lever. 35% Tint all around.. Got, ACS Roof Spoiler, but not installed..

when it first came out wasnt a big fann,,,,it looked nice but like many models look intersting then get boring,,,, i was really looking for a car, i really loved BMWs espically the 3 series but that wasnt realy an option because of the rear seats, those cars drove amazingly, i remember when my friend told me to take his e46 for a spin, i told him NO, i'd like the first BMW i drive to be my own....
then someone told me about the 5, for some reason it never really poped in my mind, i dont know why, perhaps i thought it was out of my reach, or never thought i'd ever own one...

went to the dealler saw a titanium silver 530, gray interior (so much gray looked like a KIA) in the show room looked inside, at first look i hated it, my mother was with me at the time and said she loved it, i said NO, what else have you got, he said he have a sport 525i in the back, but the car is dirity and in nocondition for customer, i said i'd like to see we walked to the back and my heart started beating, i now had a huge crush on an apline white e60, i didnt care if it was a 525i, and a little less loaded from the 530i, the 530 had a very tempting price tag,,,, told him ill be back in the evening and id like to drive it... After the FIRST turn,,, I FELL IN LOVE...
the car was on the road in a week, on delivery day i was there, before the sales agent REALLY

Quick Reply: where and when did You fall in love?