E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

where and when did You fall in love?

Search this Thread

Old 11-04-2004, 10:55 PM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: -04 530D

I still remember that:

It was sping 2003 and I was looking new car. My wife and I had plan to start building house and I wanted a touring, so we looked 320d. Then I got this assignment to Ireland and that meant that I could by a tax free car . Nice gentleman in dealers showed brochure about new coming e60. I was not immediately in love, but because it seemed to give most for the money, I drove the car (530d steptronic) and then I fall in love for inner beauty . Later I have came to appreciate outside look too. Now I'm here with You all.

European guys remember hullabaloo when Ford Sierra came back in 1982 . Then it was ultra modern. Now e60 is "only" modern.

Skaffa
Old 11-05-2004, 01:35 AM
Senior Members

i first saw the car in a magazine and i fell in love...ummm...70% because i also considered clk at that time. but after i finally test drove both and i fell in love 110% ! no comparison at all <_<. e60 rules !
Old 11-05-2004, 03:16 AM
Contributors

Actually, I felt in love when a dealear nearby where I bought my first BMW, called me to show me the first e60 arrived at the dealer. The e60 was the same configuration as the one I have. Mystic blue with grey interior. When I saw that babe from the back then the front, all i said was 'babe where have you been all this year'. Our love started.

Well to be honest, when I saw the first picture at www.bmw545i, now e60.net , I did not like it much.

Old 11-05-2004, 10:43 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2004 545i 6 spd Sports Package | NAV | PDC | Logic 7 | BT retrofit | SW V13.3

Honestly I was never that enamored by the Dame edna lights in front. Saw and drove many E60s. The love affair really started at 130mph on the Bahn driving south to Austria from Munich. The way the car handled, braked and responded was amazing. I liked it even more when I took delivery back home because I was driving on familiar roads and was able to test its cornering limits.

I just hope it stays that way. Italian cars drive well too, but the unrelability takes too much away. Yes she is a beautiful woman, just hope she doesn't turn into a bitch.
Old 11-05-2004, 12:18 PM
Senior Members

I saw a television ad for the E60 in Sept/Oct of '03. We went looking at 3 series first, then drove a 525 and then a 530. That was it for me.
Old 11-05-2004, 01:56 PM
Members

was at the dealership to buy a 3 series for my wife...saw the new 5 and fell in love with the shape and size.....bought it right there.....told wife had bought a 3..went to pick it two hours later and she looked at the 5 (mine) and said hey next time I want this..and I said..honey this is yours......got a big kiss......from a woman who has told me a million times that emotions should be shared in private...
Old 11-05-2004, 01:58 PM
Super Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: G30 M550i
Model Year: 2018

Saw a photo of it somewhere and immediately thought it looked great. I knew I was going to get one as soon as my 2001 E39 lease was up.

It looked better and better each time I looked at more pictures. Finally, when I first saw one, I really began to appreciate the look. Then, I test drove a 530i automatic just for kicks. I took a short drive with the salesperson so we could chat about how nice it was. We got back to the dealer and the saleperson realized that the one we test drove didn't have the sport pkg with active steering, etc. She handed me the keys to another one with the sport package and said go have some fun.

I did.
Old 11-05-2004, 03:31 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: E60 "Stripper" Now C6 "Stripper"

When I was getting rid of my 02 Acura TL and had a supernatural calling from BMW!
Old 11-05-2004, 04:17 PM
Contributors

I loved the 3 series as an owner of an e46 and was waiting to replace in September with the new e90. When I started to see e60's on the road I was drawn to them but felt uncertain because Bangle departed from the e39. Over time I fell in love with the new design and could not be happier ordering the 545i.

Kind of reminds me of a Bangle interview when a reporter asked how he feels about so many people not liking the new e60. He responded, "they actually love the new model, they just have not come to terms with that yet" Classic...
Old 11-05-2004, 07:48 PM

i felt in love at first sight when i looked at it. i was thinkng of getting a g35 coupe

so badly when i get my license back but then

later e60 came out and it looked great!!!many people were saying that e39 looks

better but not me.e39 looked great 2 but then the design was more like for old

business men car. but e60's design was so stylish so it would look great for young

people too. so i had a little hard time 4 deciding between g35coupe and

e60 but

finaly bought e60 and have no regret. i told my younger brother 2

get g35 later when he gets his license back so we can swith off sometimes~~

Quick Reply: where and when did You fall in love?