E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

Where do I stand?

Search this Thread

Old 06-08-2006, 05:45 AM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I think devil's advocate is right. The contract does say '04, and it was implied to me that it was late '04. And the money paid was by my credit card. However the 'contract' was sent to me as 'a written offer' rather than a final binding sale contract. With retrospectoscope I know I shouldn't have signed it and shouldn't have given the deposit until I've seen the car. However from my telephonic discussions with the dealer it was clear that its only an offer and not actual binding contract of sale. So I know I have done foolish things .......... and I'll pay for it.
I'm amazed at myself ........
The thing is that at the end of the day it all comes down to whats on the paper, not what he said / I said.
However having said all that I know that I've been tricked into signing this contract, with no cooling off period.
As I've been tricked and sucked into this, I'll have to pay.
But not without a fight .....
Old 06-08-2006, 06:05 AM
JDN
Contributors

If done via cc, you should call the cc company and dispute the charge. Most cc companies will contact the other party and put the charge on hold until settled.
Old 06-08-2006, 01:46 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by AussieBimmer' post='294445' date='Jun 8 2006, 02:45 PM
I think devil's advocate is right. The contract does say '04, and it was implied to me that it was late '04. And the money paid was by my credit card. However the 'contract' was sent to me as 'a written offer' rather than a final binding sale contract. With retrospectoscope I know I shouldn't have signed it and shouldn't have given the deposit until I've seen the car. However from my telephonic discussions with the dealer it was clear that its only an offer and not actual binding contract of sale. So I know I have done foolish things .......... and I'll pay for it.
I'm amazed at myself ........
The thing is that at the end of the day it all comes down to whats on the paper, not what he said / I said.
However having said all that I know that I've been tricked into signing this contract, with no cooling off period.
As I've been tricked and sucked into this, I'll have to pay.
But not without a fight .....
You need to persuade your dealer to take the 'long view'. There is no question that you can walk away without buying the car - I would expect my deposit back as well.

By withholding the deposit under the circumstances your dealer is saying goodbye to your custom for ever.