E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Where's my temp and oil pressure?

Search this Thread

Old 11-08-2005, 08:38 PM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi, new to the board, just got a nice 2005 545 with Step. I noticed that there is no temp guage, just the disapearing lines on the tach. And no oil pressure guage. Am I not looking in the right place? I never have had a car without these!

Just sold my 996, I love the 545!!!

Regards,

Brad
Old 11-08-2005, 09:04 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 545iSMGSilver GrayAuburn Dakota LeatherLogic 7 Premium SoundSports Package

Well theres always a first... This is your first car w/out these guages! Oil Pressure guage??? This isnt a porsche you dont get that. hahaha Temp guage... ya its your first.
Old 11-08-2005, 11:28 PM
Members

My Ride: 535 D - to be delivered end Feb 2005 - color E08 - comfort seats - executive leather balck - 122 wheels - dynamic drive - active steering - pack luxe - tecnology pack - moon roof - 6CD player - hifi system - spare wheel - BT phone

C'est la vie!!!!
Old 11-09-2005, 02:26 AM
Senior Members

You don't need those things now. Your i-drive screen will tell you when its experiencing problems.
Old 11-09-2005, 04:27 AM
Contributors

My Ride: In a place where the Mercedes density is the highest in the world (no. of MB per square kilometer) I choose a Bimmer, why? because of one thing "The Ultimate Driving Experience" My Ride: 523i Steptronic, Silver Grey Exterior, Black Interior with Black Dakota Leather and Maple Wood Trim. Chrome Grill, Style 123 rim, Airbags everywhere, PDC, Rain sensor, Auto lights, Moveable front armrest, Advance Climate Control, Glass Sunroof, Auto dimming interior and exterior mirror with foldable functions, Extended Lights package, 6 CD changer in glove box, Power seats with memory, Power adjustable steering wheel, Power rear sunblinds. Add ons: 123 wheels, chrome grill, K&N Hi flow filter, Eibach Pro Kit, e60.net decal and 24,000km Past rides: 2001 Nissan Xterra SE 1999 E39 523i 1999 E46 323i 1996 Acura Integra LS

There'll always be a first time and it does take sometime getting used to, I am forgeting about the temp gauge in my E39 as we speak.
Old 11-09-2005, 05:38 AM
Members

Originally Posted by AC_S5' post='195674' date='Nov 9 2005, 08:27 AM
There'll always be a first time and it does take sometime getting used to, I am forgeting about the temp gauge in my E39 as we speak.
Well then, how long does it take to get to "normal" operating temp before you can jump on it? This is the challenge. I would assume that a few miles of light driving like in any other car would do the trick and get things warmed up before sprited driving should occur?
Old 11-09-2005, 05:57 AM
das
Site Founders

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: 2021 F93 M8 Competition

Originally Posted by Bford100' post='195694
Well then, how long does it take to get to "normal" operating temp before you can jump on it? This is the challenge. I would assume that a few miles of light driving like in any other car would do the trick and get things warmed up before sprited driving should occur?
[/quote]

That's exactly what the "redline" LEDs on the tachometer that recede as the engine warms up are for.
Old 11-09-2005, 06:02 AM
Contributors

My Ride: In a place where the Mercedes density is the highest in the world (no. of MB per square kilometer) I choose a Bimmer, why? because of one thing "The Ultimate Driving Experience" My Ride: 523i Steptronic, Silver Grey Exterior, Black Interior with Black Dakota Leather and Maple Wood Trim. Chrome Grill, Style 123 rim, Airbags everywhere, PDC, Rain sensor, Auto lights, Moveable front armrest, Advance Climate Control, Glass Sunroof, Auto dimming interior and exterior mirror with foldable functions, Extended Lights package, 6 CD changer in glove box, Power seats with memory, Power adjustable steering wheel, Power rear sunblinds. Add ons: 123 wheels, chrome grill, K&N Hi flow filter, Eibach Pro Kit, e60.net decal and 24,000km Past rides: 2001 Nissan Xterra SE 1999 E39 523i 1999 E46 323i 1996 Acura Integra LS

Originally Posted by Bford100' post='195694
[/quote]

Those disappearing white line on the tech are indicators, you should not go past those white lines when they are there.
Old 11-09-2005, 06:18 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 545iSMGSilver GrayAuburn Dakota LeatherLogic 7 Premium SoundSports Package

Originally Posted by AC_S5' post='195699
Originally Posted by AC_S5' post='195674' date='Nov 9 2005, 08:27 AM
Those disappearing white line on the tech are indicators, you should not go past those white lines when they are there.
[/quote]

Hey are those lines programmed into the ECU where if I try to rev that high when the car is cold it'll just bounce off them or am I still free to rev to the "real" redline?

Nope I never tied... I aint trying it on my car! HAHAHA amybe I'll try it in a loaner car next time.
Old 11-09-2005, 06:27 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by EBMCS03' post='195704' date='Nov 9 2005, 11:18 PM
Hey are those lines programmed into the ECU where if I try to rev that high when the car is cold it'll just bounce off them or am I still free to rev to the "real" redline?

Nope I never tied... I aint trying it on my car! HAHAHA amybe I'll try it in a loaner car next time.
No they don't bounce off you can rev it to the real redline I've try it....

j/k I didn't try anything stupid like that on my car, I thought I got you for a moment

Seriously though try it next time on a loaner if you have a chance.

Quick Reply: Where's my temp and oil pressure?