E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

when headlights are on radio reception goes to sh*t., radio reception

Search this Thread

Old 09-19-2008, 10:24 AM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I was driving down the road listening to my radio in my 2004 BMW 530i E60, when the channels started disappearing from my screen. The station I was turned to static. I ignored it and turned on a CD. The next day I was driving around listening to the radio. It was working just fine until it got dark. The same issue, the channels started disappearing from my screen and the station I was tuned into turned to static!! I sat in my drive way turning on and off my headlights and or the parking lights, the radio works just fine when they are off. Once I turn them on the static comes back. PLEASE HELP!!! What is going on??? I have checked all the connections I have used the DIS system to see if I had any issues but there was nothing. I reset everything and tested the whole system! I just don?t understand!? It works just fine till I switch the lights on then static static static.
Old 09-19-2008, 10:30 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2014 530d XDrive M Sport

Maybe your car is possessed?

Don't think that the members are ignoring you. It's probably because no member who has seen your post has had the same problem or knows the cure. It's obviously something electrical, but I don't know the answer. My suggestion is to get it checked out by the service center at your dealer. I'm not sure if you are still under warranty or not, but I don't think your problem is something that can be fixed on the forum. Good luck~

And the next time, you don't have to repost if you want your thread to come to the top of the forum topics. Just write a reply to your thread. It's called bumping.
Old 09-19-2008, 10:38 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2008 Alpine White 550i Sport, Cream Beige Interior, 6-Sp Manual - retired 9/2011

Do you have AIB's (AngeliBrights) installed for your angel eyes? These have been known to cause static over the radio...at least on older versions of AIB's.
Old 09-19-2008, 10:53 AM
Members

Originally Posted by DrLev99' post='673354' date='Sep 19 2008, 02:38 PM
Do you have AIB's (AngeliBrights) installed for your angel eyes? These have been known to cause static over the radio...at least on older versions of AIB's.
I did replace my stock angel eyes with aftermarket don?t really know if they are "AIB's (AngeliBrights)". They have been in there for a while and this issue just started. At first I was thinking it was the hid's because of this topic I found, http://www.titantalk.com/forums/titan-visu...dio-static.html but then I realized that it did it with just the parking lights on. I wonder if the ballasts power up ?Get ready for the headlights 2 be turned on? when I turn the switch 2 the parking light position.
Old 09-19-2008, 11:05 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by collodel3' post='673371' date='Sep 20 2008, 03:53 AM
I did replace my stock angel eyes with aftermarket don?t really know if they are "AIB's (AngeliBrights)". They have been in there for a while and this issue just started. At first I was thinking it was the hid's because of this topic I found, http://www.titantalk.com/forums/titan-visu...dio-static.html but then I realized that it did it with just the parking lights on. I wonder if the ballasts power up ?Get ready for the headlights 2 be turned on? when I turn the switch 2 the parking light position.
Take out the AngeliBrights and go back to stock. Your problem is solved~
Old 09-19-2008, 11:37 AM
Members

Originally Posted by seoulman' post='673381' date='Sep 19 2008, 03:05 PM
Take out the AngeliBrights and go back to stock. Your problem is solved~

Thanx so much for your input ill give it a try once i get home from work and let u know.

If that is the problem what is a good bright angel eye set that wont cause any problems??
Old 09-19-2008, 12:15 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by collodel3' post='673429' date='Sep 20 2008, 04:37 AM
Thanx so much for your input ill give it a try once i get home from work and let u know.

If that is the problem what is a good bright angel eye set that wont cause any problems??
I'm not an expert with the angel eye upgrades. But the ones on this thread seem to be made for your car and gets good comments.

http://forums.e60.net/index.php?showtopic=58340

Seems a few of the members regretted getting the AIB units after they saw these.