E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

When do I need financing

Search this Thread

Old 12-26-2004, 01:56 PM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: On Order: 2006 525i Alpine White Auburn Interior Premium Pkg Sport Pkg Cold Weather Pkg Xenons Sunshades Sat Radio Navigation

I was talking with my wife this morning and I mentioned to her that I planned to order my car from the dealer in March since the new engine is coming then. She then stated, that I should get my financing complete before I order and she kindly reminded me that we may not close on our house until March, so that might delay my car purchase. So that got me to thinking, I was planning on placing my order and putting my $500 or $1000 check in the dealers hands, but I was not planning on getting official financing until the car was closer to arriving. I am not worried about getting financed, debt ratio ok, credit ok, I just wasn't planning on doing it until later.

When I order my car, (525, Alpine White/Auburn, SP, PP, Nav, Sat Radio, Xenon, Rear/Side shades, 6-speed, CW, Premium Sound, HUD??? or Comfort Seats??)...when do I have to finalize my financing?

Thanks in advance for your help!!!
Old 12-26-2004, 02:12 PM
TMC
Members

Originally Posted by Aaron' date='Dec 26 2004, 11:56 PM
I was talking with my wife this morning and I mentioned to her that I planned to order my car from the dealer in March since the new engine is coming then.? She then stated, that I should get my financing complete before I order and she kindly reminded me that we may not close on our house until March, so that might delay my car purchase.? So that got me to thinking, I was planning on placing my order and putting my $500 or $1000 check in the dealers hands, but I was not planning on getting official financing until the car was closer to arriving.? I am not worried about getting financed, debt ratio ok, credit ok, I just wasn't planning on doing it until later.

When I order my car, (525, Alpine White/Auburn, SP, PP, Nav, Sat Radio, Xenon, Rear/Side shades, 6-speed, CW, Premium Sound, HUD??? or Comfort Seats??)...when do I have to finalize my financing?

Thanks in advance for your help!!!
[snapback]72626[/snapback]
All I'd say is......the new engines come out in March, so it may be worth waiting til then anyway. You may be able to put a deposit down on it now, and then wait a few months for the extra HP and fuel economy the new engine will afford you...
Old 12-26-2004, 05:19 PM
Senior Members

i did my financing stuff couple days before i bought my car. as long as your credit is ok, shouldn't be a problem .
Old 12-26-2004, 05:26 PM
Members

My Ride: 2004 545i alpine white/beige, sport package, nav, premium sound, cold weather

as long as you credit is good, you can do just before you pick-up the car.
Old 12-27-2004, 07:04 AM
Contributors

My Ride: On Order: 2006 525i Alpine White Auburn Interior Premium Pkg Sport Pkg Cold Weather Pkg Xenons Sunshades Sat Radio Navigation

Thanks guys, that's exactly what I was thinking...everything should go smoothly. I would put a deposit down in February, but for a March or later build with the R6 engine. What's a "normal" deposit amount. My wife gave them a $1,000 check when she was looking about 5 years ago, but they just held it, never cashed it, and gave it back when she told them she wanted something else. Should I expect the same?
Old 12-27-2004, 10:42 AM
Senior Members

In many places, vehicle finance approvals are only valid for 30 or 60 days. So no point doing it now.

I have also ordered E60 with new R6, and will sort out the finance a week or two before delivery
Old 12-27-2004, 01:46 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by Aaron' date='Dec 27 2004, 06:04 AM
Thanks guys, that's exactly what I was thinking...everything should go smoothly.? I would put a deposit down in February, but for a March or later build with the R6 engine.? What's a "normal" deposit amount.? My wife gave them a $1,000 check when she was looking about 5 years ago, but they just held it, never cashed it, and gave it back when she told them she wanted something else.? Should I expect the same?
[snapback]72766[/snapback]
i didn't put any deposit just because i think that will make the sales advisor think i really want the car and you won't get a good deal out of it. but if you really want to, a $1,000 is about right .
Old 12-27-2004, 08:30 PM
Contributors

I would negotiate the price before hand. I have spoken to the SA and he knows that I am looking for something fair for both BMW and me. I will take in all of the information I can, and start from invoice, but my plan is to have the price determined before I order my car. He did say that how much they can do depends on their remaining allocation, but they will either deal fairly with me or lose a sale. I don't have a lease ending, my car is driving fine, I have time to bargain and shop for the best price.