E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

Whats your pet hate with the E60.

Search this Thread

Old 06-27-2005, 10:41 AM
JDN
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Maybe a couple of things I would like improved in my HUD program. I would like the Tach and gear selection added to the options menu. I am frequently trying to make one more shift after I am in 6th.
Old 06-27-2005, 10:58 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 535D Sport Auto

Originally Posted by Hpdrifter' date='Jun 27 2005, 10:20 AM
[quote name='Merv the Derv' date='Jun 26 2005, 04:50 PM']When I wash my car down, during the drying (leathering) off process I always find the water that collects in the small dips in the headlights a right pain in the a*se to remove.

Does this bother anyone else?

Do you have any other small niggles with the car?
[snapback]143205[/snapback]

Try using a leaf blower to dry your car. I use it to get 90% of the water off my car. It's great for cracks and crevices. It also works wonders on the side view mirrors which would otherwise leak all over the car as you drove away! It really helps to have a couple of good coats of polish on the car to making blowing it off easier. It only takes me 1 towel to dry the car with this method. Another bonus is in the cold weather your hands don't get as cold!

[snapback]143422[/snapback]
[/quote]

Leaf blower! Now that is a great idea. I will try it next time. I was only thinking the other day about using some sort of blower to dry wheels etc.
I sometimes take mine for a quick drive to dry the wheels but trouble with that the brake dust from the inside tends to run out and you only end up wiping them afterall.
Old 06-27-2005, 11:32 AM
Members

My Ride: Tit silver 545 with Steptronic and just about every option availabe to woman.

Oops, I thought of one more. With the comfort seats, the passenger front seat is supposed to have a memory setting, but it doesn't seem to do as good a job remembering the exact setting as does my driver side memory. Not a biggie, but a tish annoying.
Old 06-27-2005, 01:08 PM
Contributors

My Ride:

A couple of niggling gripes from me:

1. Having to remove the ignition key in order to open the tailgate (Not just a BMW issue) is darned annoying as frequently I want to open the tailgate while the engine is running - particularly when handing the car to a valet, or when leaving someone at the airport drop-off.

2. Not having an audible confirmation of lock/unlock - OK, I can set the indicators to flash, but that means I have to keep the vehicle in sight as I walk away.

3. Having the HUD display the indicator flasher (seeing as I can't see it past the steering wheel) would be a cool addition.

Generally, if I ignore the outrageously high fuel consumption then I'm deleriously happy.

Other comments on this thread are:

To those who need either a leaf blower or a Q-tip when cleaning the car - you really ought to try and get out more...

If you're worried about the trans-atlantic tire/tyre issue then you sure as hell don't want to be eating faggots for dinner...

Ho Hum.

Andy
Old 06-27-2005, 01:47 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 535D Sport Auto

To those who need either a leaf blower or a Q-tip when cleaning the car - you really ought to try and get out more...

[snapback]143554[/snapback]
[/quote]

Old 06-27-2005, 01:55 PM
Members

Originally Posted by Merv the Derv' date='Jun 26 2005, 05:50 PM
When I wash my car down, during the drying (leathering) off process I always find the water that collects in the small dips in the headlights a right pain in the a*se to remove.

Does this bother anyone else?

Do you have any other small niggles with the car?
[snapback]143205[/snapback]
Use a lawn/leaf blower on all nooks and crannies before wiping down........works great!

Oops...I guess I should have read the rest of the thread before throwing in my .2c!
Old 06-27-2005, 02:07 PM
Members

Ok, I've got one. There is no auto-unlock feature. Auto-lock is great, but when the car is put in park or turned off or key removed, how about auto-unlock?
Old 06-27-2005, 02:36 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2006 530i.... Saphire Black Metallic...19 inch Axis Milanos....Auburn dakota interior.....ACS rear lip spoiler... And a whole lot of head turns ;)

Im going to have to say brake dust is the biggest gripe.

Also i find that the car has a little hesitation when accelerating from a stand still.

Kriston
Old 06-27-2005, 05:45 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by bakersdozen' date='Jun 27 2005, 05:07 PM
Ok, I've got one. There is no auto-unlock feature. Auto-lock is great, but when the car is put in park or turned off or key removed, how about auto-unlock?
[snapback]143579[/snapback]
This would be great, so you don't have passengers pulling off the door handles trying to get out. My salesman advised me not to use the auto lock because so many come back with broken passenger door handles. My 2000 GMC had this feature...
Old 06-27-2005, 11:44 PM
Contributors

Hmmmm, I think the arm rest needs a slight lift!
I still say it should have come standard with a trunk monkey.

Quick Reply: Whats your pet hate with the E60.