E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

Whats your pet hate with the E60.

Search this Thread

Old 06-26-2005, 04:41 PM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Its called "English" for a reason dear. Now stop bastardising our language and calling it "American". pfft.

The odd creaking noises.

The ride on runflats isnt as great as it could be.

Idrive slowness at times.

Lack of xenons and voice activation as standard.

The fact that water falls into the car when its been raining (upon opening the door)

Cupholders feel a bit - cheap.....
Old 06-26-2005, 06:10 PM
Members

I wish the car didnt clunk, rattle, hessitate to start, vere off the road from the Dunlops, vibrations, No A/c when car is started it blows HEAT.

ASC wont retain my settings for the vents

Seatbelt chime ugggggggg

Everyone at the service center knows me too well by now!

Rear Driveline BANG

And lets not forget the swirl marks on the paint hahaha

Other than that this car is great.
Old 06-26-2005, 06:21 PM
Members

My Ride: 05' 545i Titanium Sliver, Black Dakota leather Sport Package, NAV, Premium Sound Package, AUX. input.

Speeding Tickets, Potholes, and Rock dropping trucks.
I hate rock dropping trucks!
Attached Thumbnails Whats your pet hate with the E60.-truck.jpg   Whats your pet hate with the E60.-hp.jpg   Whats your pet hate with the E60.-potholes.jpg  
Old 06-26-2005, 06:38 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2008 Porsche 911 Carrera S Convertible. Midnight Blue, 6 Speed.Retired - 2007 997 Carrera S, Midnight Blue, Grey leather, premium audioRetired - 2007 550i, Monaco Blue over Beige, Navigation, Logic 7, Cold Weather Pack, Comfort Access, Sport Package
Model Year: 2008

Just a few (semi) minor gripes:

- iDrive lawyer screen drives me insane.

- iDrive's occasional slowdowns

- too few Logic7 presets - we should have a range of presets by music type

- slow nav input and no Point of Interest search by name / no voice input for addresses etc.
Old 06-26-2005, 07:08 PM
Members

My Ride: 2005 BMW 330i Orient Blue exterior Beigh leather interior with Wood trim, Premium package, Steptronic auto, Xenon headlights.

Cons:
-run flat tires should not be standard with the sport package hence to give a better ride quality.
-iDrive should have been optional like it is with the E90 models.
-Logic7 sound system should be standard.
-in dash CD player should have been a CD changer.
-light poplar wood should be optional for the USA.
-beigh leather interior should have had more of a contrast like the E39 models did.
-B-Pillars should have airvents like the E65 models.
-ARS (active antiroll bars should be standard).

Pros:
-styling is beautifull and modern.
-Handling is great.
-overall love my 2005 530i Sport
Old 06-26-2005, 07:47 PM
Members

My Ride: 2005 525i: Mystic Blue, Auburn Dakota leather Premium and Winter Package, Xenons

I've gotten use to checking the A/C when getting into the car...from time to time it has a mind of its own and stays off..which is usually when the car is sitting for a half hour and turned on again...besides that....LOVE IT ....learn to live with little errors....I've learned in life...no ones perfect..neither are the designers
Old 06-26-2005, 07:56 PM
Contributors

My Ride: Gone: 2004 525i Jet Black, Built 03/04, Premium Package, Black Dakota Leather, Halogen to Euro Spec Bi-Xenons Retrofit, Dark Poplar Wood Trim, Steptronic Breyton Spirit Reps 20x9F 20x10R - Nitto NT555 245/35/20F-275/30/20R, M5 Front Bumper, H&R Sport Springs, Chrome Grills, 20% Tint, Euro Reflectors, Debadged, Aux Input, CIP v19.x

-Interior rattling/noises/creaks
-idrive lawyer screen
-a/c on at startup
-steering wheel always being off by an inch from the last position, I have to press the seat memory to correct it.

Other than that, It's the best car I've ever driven
Old 06-26-2005, 09:18 PM
Contributors

Nobody complains about the key in ignition chime when leaving the car. The key is out and it still chimes that it is being left in. The fact the chime is the same as lights left on is dangerous because I ignore the chime now since it goes off every time I get out of the car after turning it off.
I also ditto half of the other gripes above. Especially lack of storage space.
Also add that when FTM says you have a flat and to stop driving, and you only have a slow leak, it makes you worry there is more wrong with the car than your instincts tell you. FTM should advise that if you have run flats, you can drive cautiously after checking them and not just stop right where you are. And it wouldn't it be too much to ask FTM which tire/tyre is low? It has to know which one it is to make the warning. It would tell me which one has a slow leak. Then, after a while, if another is actually flat that was not the slow leaker, I could take it more seriously.
Old 06-26-2005, 10:49 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by Merv the Derv' date='Jun 26 2005, 10:50 PM
When I wash my car down, during the drying (leathering) off process I always find the water that collects in the small dips in the headlights a right pain in the a*se to remove.

Does this bother anyone else?

Do you have any other small niggles with the car?
[snapback]143205[/snapback]
I use a Leaf Blower to blow most of the water off my car before finally drying it with my waffle weave MF towel. The leaf blower is brilliant for blasting water out of all the nooks and crannies so you don't end up with all those annoying dribbles that appear after you think you've finished drying the car.
Old 06-27-2005, 01:39 AM
Contributors

If you have no assist or sunroof, you get a crappy blank plastic panel on the roof that looks way cheap!

No rear power outlets in UK

other than that.....I'm lovin' it

DD

Quick Reply: Whats your pet hate with the E60.