E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

What's up with my angel eyes?

Search this Thread

Old 10-05-2008, 04:33 PM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Seriously, I researched ad infinitum but found no answer. I lost 4 corona light nights using the search to no avail.

I know my car (2006 525i halogen) has the functionality, but can't seem to get them working. . .not too many possibilities besides Daytime Running Lamps interfering. When I turn off the car and before I remove the key they work. . .they work when I use the parking signal function. . .but all other times, the inside small lamps take over. OR when the low beams (outside) lamps are on, nothing else is on. . .Any help or advice is greatly appreciated.

Old 10-05-2008, 05:04 PM
Senior Members

i honestly dont understand what you are saying or asking...

daytime running light will run when you set it up in Idrive when your light is in auto position. the inside headlight is the one that will lit up when you are on a daytime runninglight ..

are you talking about angel eye it self?

because it looks like one of your bulb on the passenger side is burned out or not sit in properly.

check and see if your angel light bulb is ok and in a right position. ..
Old 10-05-2008, 05:46 PM
Members

Originally Posted by monsterj34' post='686001' date='Oct 5 2008, 08:04 PM
i honestly dont understand what you are saying or asking...

daytime running light will run when you set it up in Idrive when your light is in auto position. the inside headlight is the one that will lit up when you are on a daytime runninglight ..

are you talking about angel eye it self?

because it looks like one of your bulb on the passenger side is burned out or not sit in properly.

check and see if your angel light bulb is ok and in a right position. ..
I cannot find an option for Daytime Running Lights in iDrive. In the top picture, I have the parking lights turned on (turn the car off while holding the turn signal). That was the only way I knew to get the angel eyes working.

My question is, how do I turn them on otherwise? I'd rather have Angel Eyes on than the daytime running lights which look. . . .nondescript.
Old 10-05-2008, 05:52 PM
Super Moderator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
My Ride: 2011.5 Alpine White E90 M3 | Black Novillo Leather | Carbon Fiber Leather Trim | ZCP | ZP2 | M-DCT | Navigation | Moonroof | 6FL Mods: TMS 12.5mm spacers all around l Hawk HPS Brake Pads l OEM M3 Edition Grills l Paint Matched Side Gills l Key Hole D

Originally Posted by romanse39' post='686036' date='Oct 5 2008, 06:46 PM
I cannot find an option for Daytime Running Lights in iDrive. In the top picture, I have the parking lights turned on (turn the car off while holding the turn signal). That was the only way I knew to get the angel eyes working.

My question is, how do I turn them on otherwise? I'd rather have Angel Eyes on than the daytime running lights which look. . . .nondescript.
Pre-LCI e60's (<2008): DRL's are the inner lamp and NOT the angel eye's/halo's
LCI e60's (2008+): DRL's are the angel eye's/halo's.

Your e60 is pre-lci, so the only way you can turn your AE's on is by what you are already doing, which is by switching the light control to parking lights...
Old 10-05-2008, 05:56 PM
Super Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: G30 M550i
Model Year: 2018

Search function... (go ahead, slap away... )

First, you really need to add your location in your profile so we know what country you're in -- when you're talking about daytime running lights, there are many country-specific issues so there's no way to really answer your question until you help us out a little bit.

If I had to guess, I'd say you're in North America and the DRLs are the type that can only be activated by the dealer (and are activated, of course...)
Old 10-06-2008, 06:14 AM
Members

Originally Posted by Rudy' post='686041' date='Oct 5 2008, 08:56 PM
Search function... (go ahead, slap away... )

First, you really need to add your location in your profile so we know what country you're in -- when you're talking about daytime running lights, there are many country-specific issues so there's no way to really answer your question until you help us out a little bit.

If I had to guess, I'd say you're in North America and the DRLs are the type that can only be activated by the dealer (and are activated, of course...)

sorry, I knew I forgot something. Houston, TX USA. - Build date 02/2006
Old 10-06-2008, 07:37 AM
Contributors

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: 2010 VW Passat Wagon 2.0l Tsi Grey/Grey Budapest 18" Lost to HPFP issues: 08 535i sport pkg Lost to Dreaded E61 Sun roof leaks: 07 E61 530Xi

Idrive switchable DTL's on LCI's only..
Need to go to stealership to get them turned on or off, normally with a fee associated for pre LCI's
Old 10-06-2008, 08:01 AM
Members

Originally Posted by bigbadbull' post='686409' date='Oct 6 2008, 10:37 AM
Idrive switchable DTL's on LCI's only..
Need to go to stealership to get them turned on or off, normally with a fee associated for pre LCI's
AHHHH, thank you. Now one more question, IF I get the DRL's turned off, will Angel Eyes turn on in their stead? And then, how can I make them brighter, but NOT blue or white? ala >LCI e60's?
Old 10-06-2008, 09:09 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by romanse39' post='686436' date='Oct 6 2008, 12:01 PM
AHHHH, thank you. Now one more question, IF I get the DRL's turned off, will Angel Eyes turn on in their stead? And then, how can I make them brighter, but NOT blue or white? ala >LCI e60's?

pre lci has function in i drive to turn day light time turn off.. i got 07 530 i and able to turn them off.

it is under idrive. go to setting and lighting. and theres setting where you can turn them off.

if you want angel eye on just put it on dial one to the right so that it can turn on....

I dont know if there is any way to have angeleye to lit up on pre lci without turning light on automatically
Old 10-06-2008, 05:37 PM
Members

First of all, thank all of you and the E60 forums for the immense amount of information available about my new car. I've owned (2) e34's (2) e39's, (1) X5 and now am a proud owner of my e60.

Now to the question at hand. . .on the 06 iDrive, the only option under lighting is a). pathway lighting and the number of seconds available and b). 3 signal turn option.

Quick Reply: What's up with my angel eyes?