E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

What would you do in this case......?

Search this Thread

Old 07-06-2010, 09:24 AM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Alright guys, I have a very interesting one for you. I am in an interesting predicament- I had a nail in the shoulder of my left rear tire and although not recommended, the tire guy patched it up and I was back running. However he said that he was very skeptical on that, as there is always a chance that the same hole may re-open. My car is an M5 with stock rims and tires. So, as predicted- I had a flat over 2 days or so. It was the same hole and this time the guy said he couldnt fix it over the same patch. So now, I have two options- I would have to either purchase one tire (approx 7000 miles already on the tires) for about $600/- OR if I consider buying two tires and go wider than OEM (305/30ZR/19 Michelin PS2) then he may consider a buyback of another tire I have of my 7er which is lying in the garage and I would get a pair of rears of the 305s for $550/-. Obviously the latter sounds better as I will get a pair hence equal wear'n'tear from now on; Michelin over Yokohama (I presume thats an advantage) and I am getting cooler, beefier looking wider tires!! Btw, I mostly need em for summer only.

Now, what I request you is two things: First, what option you would choose from the above and Second, can you please tell me the pros and cons in my going wider. What should I expect and what are the most significant advantages and disadvantages?

Also will I need to roll fenders for 305s?

I need to take a decision on Thursday, so your prompt reply is much awaited and appreciated!

Thanks in advance!

Kris