E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

What is the worst problem you had with your BMW?

Search this Thread

Old 08-10-2009, 11:20 AM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: .
Model Year: .

Control arm bushings
Old 08-10-2009, 11:21 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: ***SOLD*** 2006 530xi Sapphire Metallic Black with Auburn Dakota Leather Sport Seats, Dark Poplar Wood Trim,Cold, Premium,Premium Sound,Sport Package Steptronic,Active Cruise Control Comfort access, Comfort Seats, Front and Rear Heated seats Adaptive Headlights, Idrive, Navigation, Bluetooth, Sirius Radio, Ipod Interface ACS roof, ACS trunk spoiler, front ACS bumper spoiler with carbon fiber lip and carbon pillars. 20% tints all around. 19' Bremmer rims.

1) replaced CCC module ** twice
2) replaced sunroof b/c of almost 2 inches of water in backseat..
3) replaced roof liner
4) replaced TCU module
5) replaced windshield
6) reprograming of the car around 4 / 5 times due to CCC and Navigation not working properly

knock on wood that is it in the last 1 1/2 or owning it.... .....

I'm amazed how much in repairs I have paid for with this car and the time periods were my car was at the dealersjip.. . All my other bmws that I have owned over the years the only time i was at the dealership was for service once a year.. with this car I'm at BMW all the time for something... I'm calling them agan this week for the break / service indicator that is screaming at me currently. Pads and Sensors changed in June and last weekend the car starts screaming in the idrive that my pads are extremely low.. tried the reset on the odometer and the - number just getting higher... so service appointment here I come for a reset..

Other than that I cant wait to drive it !!!!!!! I just love my car
Old 08-10-2009, 11:27 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2004 530i
Model Year: 2004

Originally Posted by gildagjg' post='971313' date='Aug 10 2009, 03:21 PM
1) replaced CCC module ** twice
2) replaced sunroof b/c of almost 2 inches of water in backseat..
3) replaced roof liner
4) replaced TCU module
5) replaced windshield
6) reprograming of the car around 4 / 5 times due to CCC and Navigation not working properly

knock on wood that is it in the last 1 1/2 or owning it.... .....

I'm amazed how much in repairs I have paid for with this car and the time periods were my car was at the dealersjip.. . All my other bmws that I have owned over the years the only time i was at the dealership was for service once a year.. with this car I'm at BMW all the time for something... I'm calling them agan this week for the break / service indicator that is screaming at me currently. Pads and Sensors changed in June and last weekend the car starts screaming in the idrive that my pads are extremely low.. tried the reset on the odometer and the - number just getting higher... so service appointment here I come for a reset..

Other than that I cant wait to drive it !!!!!!! I just love my car

Now that's dedication.
Old 08-10-2009, 11:32 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2004 530i
Model Year: 2004

Originally Posted by pjinca' post='969968' date='Aug 9 2009, 12:44 AM
PSSST, if you listen closely when they pull you over they're telling you "Give PJ your M5 mirrors, they look great!" Until you do they will keep pulling you over. Just trying to help out bro.
I thought I heard more than that. Those ball busting cops also mention stuff like M-Tech kit and front lip. I told them to check out this site because any of those items can be in classified one of these days. Just be patient and start saving up.
Old 08-10-2009, 12:44 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2005 545i with Sport Pkg, Nav, HUD, Cold Weather Pkg, Rear Shades

Car stalled in middle of road due to transmission cooler going bad. It was in the middle of winter, no less
Replaced under warranty
Old 08-10-2009, 12:48 PM
Contributors

My Ride: '05 545 Titanium Silver, Black Leather - Nav, Logic 7, Cold weather. Mods: Carbon filter removed. M5 iDrive knob. Umnitza license plate LEDs. MP3 40% 3M tint ACS Anti-Roll(sway) bars RPI Scoop G-tech Pro RR CF Roundels CF Wheel caps

Originally Posted by Mrsosoo' post='971289' date='Aug 10 2009, 03:05 PM
my clutch hitting the floor and never coming back up, still has yet to be resolved..... ...
I have a similar problem with my gas pedal every time I get in it....
Old 08-11-2009, 02:54 AM
Members

I had "few" problems with my 3.0d :
1. replaced turbo charger (on 168kkm)
2. replaced engine due injector fault and cylinder has burnt down.

booth this events happens on the trip from Latvia to Italy and back, a year ago, still remember how it was. Car was serviced only by BMW service before.

Plus other some small replacements, like new generator, front wind shield (twice), new ACC sensor (has been stolen), snubber of vibrations, flowmeter.
And nothing else...
Car now 200kkm.
Old 08-11-2009, 02:56 AM
Contributors

My Ride: See my signature

Originally Posted by theXman' post='971329' date='Aug 10 2009, 03:32 PM
I thought I heard more than that. Those ball busting cops also mention stuff like M-Tech kit and front lip. I told them to check out this site because any of those items can be in classified one of these days. Just be patient and start saving up.
Oh come on David. We all know how much the cops like you. Like bees to honey.
Old 08-11-2009, 07:14 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: Alpine White/Biege 545i, CWP, Nav, Active Steering, Auto Step ordered 2/1/05

Traffic tickets...
Old 08-11-2009, 09:43 AM
Senior Members

Clutch & flywheel.

Quick Reply: What is the worst problem you had with your BMW?