E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

What type of radio do I have

Search this Thread

Old 08-06-2008, 05:21 AM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi all

Just wondering what type of radio I have in my 04 e60 530d? I don't have NAV. Based in Dublin, Ireland btw so Euro Spec.

The radio I have simply has a cd player on the front, the rest is controlled via Idrive. Are there two versions like in previous BMW models like Hi-Fi and Business/Professional?? How can I tell which one I have?

Also I've read a lot of people talking about CCC and M-ASK while doing some searches. Can anybody explain what these are/mean? Thanks in advance

Sunny
Old 08-06-2008, 11:19 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 03 BMW E60 520i - Steptronic - Black Sapphire - Style 116 wheels (Pirelli PZero Rosso) - PDC - Beige Dakota Leather - Dark Poplar Wood

Originally Posted by Sunnyk' post='640706' date='Aug 6 2008, 04:21 PM
Hi all

Just wondering what type of radio I have in my 04 e60 530d? I don't have NAV. Based in Dublin, Ireland btw so Euro Spec.

The radio I have simply has a cd player on the front, the rest is controlled via Idrive. Are there two versions like in previous BMW models like Hi-Fi and Business/Professional?? How can I tell which one I have?

Also I've read a lot of people talking about CCC and M-ASK while doing some searches. Can anybody explain what these are/mean? Thanks in advance

Sunny
Hi Sunny,

Since you don't have navigation, your system is definitely M-ASK. As you are already aware of, there are two versions, Business & Professional. Pro. has some advantages over Bus., like mp3 and dual tuner. There is no way to tell by just looking at the unit if is Bus. or Prof. The only way to find out is to have a look at your order and check for Professional Radio option (don't remember the code now, but a quick search on the forum will reveal it to you) or call your dealer. CCC = Professional Navigation = bigger screen and more capabilities.
Old 08-06-2008, 03:31 PM
Members

Originally Posted by kekkos' post='640948' date='Aug 6 2008, 08:19 PM
Hi Sunny,

Since you don't have navigation, your system is definitely M-ASK. As you are already aware of, there are two versions, Business & Professional. Pro. has some advantages over Bus., like mp3 and dual tuner. There is no way to tell by just looking at the unit if is Bus. or Prof. The only way to find out is to have a look at your order and check for Professional Radio option (don't remember the code now, but a quick search on the forum will reveal it to you) or call your dealer. CCC = Professional Navigation = bigger screen and more capabilities.
Thank you for the reply

The reason I asked was because I am looking to upgrade my radio etc to Professional Sat Nav. I know someone selling a CCC Unit with the widescreen monitor and a 6-disc cd changer. Am I right in thinking that all I would need is a GPS aerial to complete the install?

Sunny
Old 08-06-2008, 10:54 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 03 BMW E60 520i - Steptronic - Black Sapphire - Style 116 wheels (Pirelli PZero Rosso) - PDC - Beige Dakota Leather - Dark Poplar Wood

Upgrading to Nav. Pro is not straight forward. Except from the CCC and the monitor you will need i-drive controller high, aerial, some extra cables and of course coding. Is hard to do it but is doable Me on the other hand I'll try to upgrade my Business no Nav. unit to Business Nav soon. I'm waiting for the unit to arrive. Upgrading to Business Nav. means that I'll get Professional radio which is mp3 capable, and hopefully I might be able to install Dension Gateway 500 with text support.
Old 08-07-2008, 01:12 AM
Members

Originally Posted by kekkos' post='641474' date='Aug 7 2008, 07:54 AM
Upgrading to Nav. Pro is not straight forward. Except from the CCC and the monitor you will need i-drive controller high, aerial, some extra cables and of course coding. Is hard to do it but is doable Me on the other hand I'll try to upgrade my Business no Nav. unit to Business Nav soon. I'm waiting for the unit to arrive. Upgrading to Business Nav. means that I'll get Professional radio which is mp3 capable, and hopefully I might be able to install Dension Gateway 500 with text support.
Apologies the guy actually has the high I-Drive controller aswell (the circular knob unit infront of the centre armret correct?).

Do you know where I can read up on how to install the Pro version and what cables are needed? I've done searches but the forum search engine returns 100's and 100's of irrelevant threads

Thanks for all your help so far

Sunny
Old 08-07-2008, 01:36 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by Sunnyk' post='641503
Do you know where I can read up on how to install the Pro version and what cables are needed? I've done searches but the forum search engine returns 100's and 100's of irrelevant threads

Thanks for all your help so far

Sunny
Have a look at the attached pdf file.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf
Navigation_Professional.pdf (836.8 KB, 114 views)
Old 08-07-2008, 01:46 AM
Members

Originally Posted by kekkos' post='641508' date='Aug 7 2008, 10:36 AM
Correct.

Have a look at the attached pdf file.
Wow that looks like a fair bit of work. What exactly is the difference between the Business Nav and the Pro Nav?
Old 08-07-2008, 04:16 AM
Contributors

For Pre-LCI cars, Business Nav. does not provide any maps. On the other hand LCI Business Nav. provides you with 2-D maps. Professional Nav. provides 3-D maps and maybe some other options that I'm not aware of. Also, in the Professional Nav. you get bigger screen and your able to have at the one side of the screen your entertainment controls for example and on the other side your map.