E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

What is the smartest way to lower a daily driver 2009 528i xDrive?

Search this Thread

Old 05-08-2013, 02:26 AM
New Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What is the smartest way to lower a daily driver 2009 528i xDrive?

OK, so I don't have the time to read through all the writing on this subject. When I mean smart I refer to a system that I don't have to worry about eating asphalt. It doesn't ride like horse and no need to adjust the damping. Perfect ride at preset height. In other words nothing that would break the bank. Might consider height adjustment option. Remember daily driver and it wil be a poser vehicle. I just want it to compliment the Vossen wheels. Take it easy with me be gentile. I'm just an old, good looking fart. No need for track day. I got that out of my system with a 1997 15th anniversary red twin turbo Supra. AHH how I miss that car. NOT to many speeding tickets.
Attached Thumbnails What is the smartest way to lower a daily driver 2009 528i xDrive?-h.jpg  
Old 05-08-2013, 03:35 AM
Members
Senior Members

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: MY07 525xi Silver Gray
Model Year: 2007

The cheapest is using H&R lowering kit but since it spring only the ride comfort will change as far as how much everybody will have different opinion (I've been on it for 5 years) and also depend on how road condition in the area many member(s) try it and swap it out again.

Some member also match the H&R spring with Bilstein shock but due to the nature of B8 (I think) model the ride comfort become more tighter and not the choice for some.

The fully adjustable and best ride & handling will be using coil overs and the best will from KW brand v3 model which will set you around $3K and I've seen another manufacture CKS released similar product but seems to having issue(s) due to new setup.

No other alternative option for xi/xDrive for suspension so far.

Click on my sig. for some pics.

Last edited by BlaSTiWi; 05-08-2013 at 03:55 AM.
Old 05-08-2013, 03:48 AM
New Members

My H&Rs and Avant Gardes come in in a couple of weeks.. I pray to get the 5 years you did on stock shocks.
Old 05-08-2013, 09:54 AM
New Members

I just order the Umnitza M5 painted body kit with quad exhaust. WOHOO
Old 05-08-2013, 09:58 AM
New Members

Originally Posted by BlaSTiWi
The cheapest is using H&R lowering kit but since it spring only the ride comfort will change as far as how much everybody will have different opinion (I've been on it for 5 years) and also depend on how road condition in the area many member(s) try it and swap it out again.

Some member also match the H&R spring with Bilstein shock but due to the nature of B8 (I think) model the ride comfort become more tighter and not the choice for some.

The fully adjustable and best ride & handling will be using coil overs and the best will from KW brand v3 model which will set you around $3K and I've seen another manufacture CKS released similar product but seems to having issue(s) due to new setup.

No other alternative option for xi/xDrive for suspension so far.

Click on my sig. for some pics.
What is your opinion on this?

V-Maxx Coilovers - Fixed Damping - 60 BM 05 - BMW - 528i - Base - From: 2003 - To: 2011 | Auto Tuning Parts Store | Perfomrance Car Accessories Shop | Autotuningstore
Old 05-08-2013, 10:06 AM
Members
Senior Members

As I mentioned in my previous post if you are going coilovers route KW v3 is the only brand available for xi/xDrive ... while CKS shipped out their version to some member(s) here but seems to have various issue(s).

When in doubt carefully read their description (and ask them, after that ask them again) to see if they offer it for xi/xDrive (less likely) to avoid another saga like your 'mistaken' order with your wheels on their part.

Last edited by BlaSTiWi; 05-08-2013 at 10:18 AM.
Old 05-08-2013, 12:59 PM
Former Vendor

My Ride: F13 M6

+1 with blastiwi. spring option would only be H&R sport springs, set ride height and non adjustable. coilovers are between KW and CKS for the XI models. with CKS though we pair them up with Swift springs.
Old 05-09-2013, 09:03 AM
New Members

Why go so expensive? What about the KW Variant 1?
Old 05-09-2013, 09:04 AM
New Members

Originally Posted by NeRwEEzy
+1 with blastiwi. spring option would only be H&R sport springs, set ride height and non adjustable. coilovers are between KW and CKS for the XI models. with CKS though we pair them up with Swift springs.
What is the customers experience with that setup. How much?
Old 05-09-2013, 09:09 AM
Members
Senior Members

Not much choice ... as I mentioned before KW only made v3 available for xi/xDrive/AWD fitment.
As for why so maybe if you ask KW directly they have a much better explanation.

Originally Posted by Jrosa55
Why go so expensive? What about the KW Variant 1?

Quick Reply: What is the smartest way to lower a daily driver 2009 528i xDrive?