E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Idrive, Bluetooth firmware/ Software version

Search this Thread

Old 01-06-2012, 12:36 PM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I am sure this has been discussed in other forums but I tried to follow the instruction to check Idrive firmware/ software version but I can?t get to that option. I remembered once while back I get in to the Idrive options and it was in German or something like that but for sake of it I can?t get back to that option.
Basically, I followed hold down Idrive for 8 second, turn right 3 times?. (While key is in the ignitioan, while car is on, from main menu, etc.) But I am no longer able getting to the Idrive hidden menu.

I have a 2008 528I and I need to check what Idrive software version I have and also I need to know what the current Idrive software version for my car is?
Currently, everything seems like working fine with my car but BMW wanted to charge high price for update but I wanted to know if they are not going to just re-load the same firmware/software?
Any help to identify my current car firmware/ software version and current available firmware version
Old 01-06-2012, 12:49 PM
Members

Originally Posted by neopoint
I am sure this has been discussed in other forums but I tried to follow the instruction to check Idrive firmware/ software version but I can?t get to that option. I remembered once while back I get in to the Idrive options and it was in German or something like that but for sake of it I can?t get back to that option.
Basically, I followed hold down Idrive for 8 second, turn right 3 times?. (While key is in the ignitioan, while car is on, from main menu, etc.) But I am no longer able getting to the Idrive hidden menu.

I have a 2008 528I and I need to check what Idrive software version I have and also I need to know what the current Idrive software version for my car is?
Currently, everything seems like working fine with my car but BMW wanted to charge high price for update but I wanted to know if they are not going to just re-load the same firmware/software?
Any help to identify my current car firmware/ software version and current available firmware version

I have a 2008 535i and looking for the same thing. I was informed that I should make sure the software is up to date before I look at doing the CIC retrofit.
Old 01-10-2012, 10:20 AM
Members

Originally Posted by mleach917
I have a 2008 535i and looking for the same thing. I was informed that I should make sure the software is up to date before I look at doing the CIC retrofit.

I called two BMW close to my place and this is what I got from these lazy people,. It will cost about $200-$250 (Which I don?t mind). What got me they can?t tell me what version I have and what is the latest available version? They said I have to bring the car and they will hook it up to the machine and it will tell them if needed upgrade or not. What is wrong with BMW? I have done all my services prior becomes out of warranty, it got to be a way to look at work history, what version came with car and what is the available version and during these few years if they perform any update on the car.
This is a very basic information that can be obtain easily from their system.
Old 01-10-2012, 10:27 AM
Members

Exactly! I am running into the same issues with the dealerships near me. I heard there was a way to do it with several steps in iDrive. Still looking, it may end up in German
Old 01-10-2012, 01:44 PM
Members

Works for me
Old 01-10-2012, 03:07 PM
Members

My Ride: 2008 550i M-sport, retrofitted heated M-sport steering wheel with paddles, Sport-auto transmission

Originally Posted by mleach917
Exactly! I am running into the same issues with the dealerships near me. I heard there was a way to do it with several steps in iDrive. Still looking, it may end up in German
The way to look it up in iDrive was removed with a major update in April '07 (if I recall correctly). By all means, try the iDrive steps -- if it works, then you DEFINITELY need an update If you get a whole bunch of German programs/versions, but not the overall version, then you're semi-recent, but there is no way to tell just what integration level you're at.

For example, my 2008 550i came with the "updated" software (so I couldn't check the level in iDrive), but has needed several updates since to deal with different issues (ie. transmission hesitation, rough idle on cold start, 6FL iPod functionality, etc.)
Old 01-10-2012, 06:28 PM
Members

I had tried seeing it via iDrive and it won't work for me. So I assuming I must be on the current version.
Old 01-10-2012, 06:36 PM
Members

Scratch that I was able to get into the menu. Where would I look to see what version I am on.
Old 01-16-2012, 04:38 AM
New Members

I too am trying to find the software version of my iDrive.

On reading peoples comments on this site and others, it looks like there isn't actually a software version displayed within this menu anymore if your running the software from late 2006 onwards.

Would anyone know any different to this?

If I scroll to "Versionskontrolle" then scroll right to the bottom I get: "09-2006_I-510_20060426_0932"
(See picture)

Any help would be appreciated.

Old 11-11-2017, 03:22 PM
New Members

My Ride: 2008 550i
Default software update

Originally Posted by Wpg550
The way to look it up in iDrive was removed with a major update in April '07 (if I recall correctly). By all means, try the iDrive steps -- if it works, then you DEFINITELY need an update If you get a whole bunch of German programs/versions, but not the overall version, then you're semi-recent, but there is no way to tell just what integration level you're at.

For example, my 2008 550i came with the "updated" software (so I couldn't check the level in iDrive), but has needed several updates since to deal with different issues (ie. transmission hesitation, rough idle on cold start, 6FL iPod functionality, etc.)
My name is Robert. i have a 2008 550i and was wondering how and where i can access an update for my car . i hooked up a usb and it said it was not compatable so i am asuming i need to update the car as well i cant even pair my phone to the bluetooth

Quick Reply: Idrive, Bluetooth firmware/ Software version