E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

What to look and ask for when taking delivery tomorrow.

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-2006, 05:51 AM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: Currently: (3/1/06) 2002 530i black on black prem, sport, cold, xenon.

First let me thank everyone for all your advice, suggestions and outlook. Honestly this is one of the best online communities I have ever had the pleasure of being a part of. My 550 arrives tomorrow and while I expect to as excited as the French when Lindburgh landed, I want to be prepared and ask the right questions, look for potential issues, and take proper delivery of the car.

I know one big issue is steering column lining up properly; and obviously will look for marks, cuts, etc. Paint job with Aero kit will be examined closely.

But for those of you that have taken delivery lately, please pass on what you wish you had done differently and what in hindsight, you should have heard, seen and noticed. This includes what you should have had dealer set up in terms of interior buttons, options and alike.

I already have the work sheet from the FAQ part of the Forum ( http://forums.e60.net/index.php?showtopic=2117) - Thanks goes to Ultraplanet and Lomag.

Yes I will post pics and Yes you likely won't hear from me until next week when I get out of my car after 72 straight hours or something freakish like that.

I'd love this to become a sticky, so please elaborate as much as you can.
Old 04-27-2006, 06:25 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2014 X5 xDrive 5.0 M Package Carbon Black Metallic/2008 M Roadster Imola Red

We purchased new BT phones before picking up our cars. They would not pair. We did not realize that all BT phones would not work properly. So, we returned the phones and switched carriers--to Cingular One--buying appropriate phones from cingular.
Old 04-27-2006, 10:57 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2001 BMW330ci, Steel Gray, Black leather, Steptronic, PP, SP, PDC, Heated seats, Xenon head lights, HK, 6 disk changer, OEM alarm, OEM clears,Iice white fog lights ,Universal trasnciver, 17 inch Michelin Pilot Sport Tires 2005 530i Titanium Gray,Black leather, Nav.,HUD,PP,CWP,SP,PDC,Xenon lights,Steptronic,Logic 7 sound system,,Fold down read seats,Power shades ON ORDER

Make sure you check all the Rims for curb rash or scratchs and go over the car and make sure there no damage to the exterior as well as the interior.Make the dealer program the things that he has to do and you want,like DRL's etc. If you don't get it done before taking delivery it will probably cost you $ to have it done later. Good luck
cheers
vern
Old 04-27-2006, 03:10 PM
Members

My Ride: 2006 530i, titanium silver, gray leather, sport package, premium package, Logic 7, steptronic, folding rear seats, comfort seats, comfort access, heated front seats

If you take delivery at night make sure to bring a flashlight or use the one in the glovebox. I found a scratch in one of my wheels that I would not have seen without a light. They replaced the wheel.
Old 04-27-2006, 03:35 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 530i 6 speed

First of all, congrats that you will finally get your new car. I still haven't heard anything (1 week now since boat landed).
I would do a short test drive and look for obvious rattles.
Old 04-27-2006, 03:49 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: Currently: (3/1/06) 2002 530i black on black prem, sport, cold, xenon.

Thanks all, I am surprised there are not more comments about what you all missed upon delivery but appreciate your comments. I will post pics soon.
Old 04-27-2006, 04:02 PM
Members

Even though I won't be taking delivery for another 6 weeks, one thing I plan to do is a quick review of the pdf version of the manual a few days before. That way I won't be so overwhelmed with all the new things that the CA wants me to absorb in a short period of time. Here is the link:

http://www.e60.net/information/2006_..._Manual_US.pdf
Old 04-27-2006, 04:05 PM
Members

My Ride: '05 545i(Build 10/04)(SMG)Sport,BlkSapphire,Blk,Anthricite,Logic7,CWP,Comfort Seats,Nav,RearBags,Shades,Sirius,Heated/SplitFoldingRearSeats; '18 540i xDrive, White/Mocha, CWP, DAP, DAP+, Lux. Pkg, Prem. Pkg., Executive Pkg., Luxury Seating Pkg
Model Year: 2005,2018

Originally Posted by wmbiii' post='274979' date='Apr 27 2006, 07:49 PM
Thanks all, I am surprised there are not more comments about what you all missed upon delivery but appreciate your comments. I will post pics soon.
When I took delivery of my 545, the dealer informed me that there was damage to the hood during shipment. They said that BMW requires that they disclose such damage, and I had to sign a statement indicating that I had been informed, and that I had the right to refuse delivery. Subsequently, the repainted hood had to be refinished, so if such damage occurs, I suggest that you think about it, and make sure that if any subsequent problems occur that the dealer and BMW will stand behind it. In my case, BMW refinished the hood when it could not withstand a BS attack.

Joe
Old 04-27-2006, 05:46 PM
SRV
Members

Originally Posted by wmbiii' post='274734' date='Apr 27 2006, 08:51 AM
First let me thank everyone for all your advice, suggestions and outlook. Honestly this is one of the best online communities I have ever had the pleasure of being a part of. My 550 arrives tomorrow and while I expect to as excited as the French when Lindburgh landed, I want to be prepared and ask the right questions, look for potential issues, and take proper delivery of the car.

I know one big issue is steering column lining up properly; and obviously will look for marks, cuts, etc. Paint job with Aero kit will be examined closely.

But for those of you that have taken delivery lately, please pass on what you wish you had done differently and what in hindsight, you should have heard, seen and noticed. This includes what you should have had dealer set up in terms of interior buttons, options and alike.

I already have the work sheet from the FAQ part of the Forum ( http://forums.e60.net/index.php?showtopic=2117) - Thanks goes to Ultraplanet and Lomag.

Yes I will post pics and Yes you likely won't hear from me until next week when I get out of my car after 72 straight hours or something freakish like that.

I'd love this to become a sticky, so please elaborate as much as you can.
I believe the French were more excited when another American, General Patton, landed in their country so they could stop surrendering to the Germans.
Old 04-27-2006, 05:53 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2007 Titanium Gray 550i, with sport, nav, HUD, Logic7, sat radio, cold weather, rear side airbags, rear seat heaters, and it goes like a bat outta hell!

Take your digital camera with you so you can take pics at delivery....THEN.....drive right home and post those pics for all of us to see. THEN, drive your car for a couple of hours so you can come right home and post more info on what you think about your car. Remember, it's all about US!!

Of course, if this is too much for you....THEN....just enjoy your new car!! My car arrived on my dealer's lot late this afternoon....and I'll pick it up tomorrow!!

Quick Reply: What to look and ask for when taking delivery tomorrow.