E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

What do you think?

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-2009, 08:10 AM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2004 530i Silver Grey, Grey Dakota Leather, Premium, Adaptive Xenon, L7. Mods: Sprint Booster V1, 8000k GP Thunder Headlight, 8000k HID fogs, LED Interior, LED License Plate, Rear Red Reflectors Wish List: Mtech Kit, Style 172 Rims, KSport Coilovers, Shadowline Trim.

So my '04 530i has had a few problems. First of all, the front bumper on the right side does not line up perfectly with the car, the wheel bearing on that side was bad and had to replace, now after getting new pads put on there is a loud rubbing sound coming from that wheel when I am driving, not when i brake. Is there any reason to suspect it could have been in a wreck? or just bad luck and coincidences?
Old 02-20-2009, 08:14 AM
Contributors

First get a CarFax report on the vehicle, you should have done this before buying the car. I wouldn't worry about the pads since all new pads/rotors need to be bedded for the first few hundred miles until the pad conforms to the rotor.

Hopefully you bought a CPO BMW?
Old 02-20-2009, 08:17 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2004 530i Silver Grey, Grey Dakota Leather, Premium, Adaptive Xenon, L7. Mods: Sprint Booster V1, 8000k GP Thunder Headlight, 8000k HID fogs, LED Interior, LED License Plate, Rear Red Reflectors Wish List: Mtech Kit, Style 172 Rims, KSport Coilovers, Shadowline Trim.

Originally Posted by Howitzer' post='797669' date='Feb 20 2009, 12:14 PM
First get a CarFax report on the vehicle, you should have done this before buying the car. I wouldn't worry about the pads since all new pads/rotors need to be bedded for the first few hundred miles until the pad conforms to the rotor.

Hopefully you bought a CPO BMW?
i got a carfax when i bought it and it was fine... no, it wasn't CPO but has an extended warranty..