E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

What do you think?

Search this Thread

Old 02-25-2013, 05:48 PM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2015 435xi GC

Tried to go matte on my rims.. did them by hand.. 172's were a B*TCH to sand, anyway, I failed.. just very over the shininess of it all.. never bothered with changing plastic kidney grills
Old 02-27-2013, 03:49 PM
Senior Members

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
My Ride: E60 530i

Originally Posted by ron_cb550
I like it, might copy you if it's available in a vinyl matte wrap
I've seen a lot of similar bimmers in the EU similar to this so i am pretty sure it's available in vinyl. I personally wouldn't wrap my car in vinyl when the spray is much more versatile going on and coming off.

hey you know I started a painting DIY many years ago and never finished it. Perhaps I can muster up the time to do it on the wheels this week or next. Back to Hypersilver
Old 02-27-2013, 04:33 PM
Members
Senior Members

My Ride: 2014 535 Alpine White

Originally Posted by E60I
Sorry, I don't like it. It looks like you painted the car with primer or the paint you use to paint the two garages in the background.

It would look much better like this: https://5series.net/forums/private-m...-tires-127615/
The comment above made me ROFTL! but it doesnt look to bad but i am not feeling the black rims.
Old 02-28-2013, 08:27 AM
Contributors

It's unique. However, my opinion (since that is what this thread is asking for) "What do you think?" is as follows:

1. The E60 is a sporty family sedan that is designed to be a classy and elegant car. I believe that any modification done to it that deviates from that design needs to be very carefully thought out. If not, it becomes obvious that the driver bought it used, has no money to maintain it or mod it properly, lives with mom and dad, who is likely under the age of 25-30 yrs old, has an associates degree from <insert local community college here>, and still wears baggy jeans like it's 1995 all over again. I'm kidding! But you get the idea..

2. If you decide to aggressively modify an E60 BMW, I would suggest making sure that the major mods are done first. i.e. - 19" to 20" wheels, lowered suspension, and full M-Tech or M5 replica body kit. NO front lips or cheap-looking strap-on parts.

3. Once you properly take care of all steps in point 2, you can then safely make some serious changes to the car like matte wraps or black roof and so on. If you do mods in the proper order things look much cleaner and more "OEM".

Your car is nice, but you messed up the order of things. If you had shown us your car with an Mtech kit, a solid choice of wheels, lowered cleanly, and so on... you would have had a much different response than some of the replies here.

That's my 2c. =p

Last edited by Howitzer; 02-28-2013 at 08:34 AM.
Old 02-28-2013, 10:54 AM
Senior Members

Not my cup of tea.
Old 03-03-2013, 08:21 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by Howitzer
It's unique. However, my opinion (since that is what this thread is asking for) "What do you think?" is as follows:

1. The E60 is a sporty family sedan that is designed to be a classy and elegant car. I believe that any modification done to it that deviates from that design needs to be very carefully thought out. If not, it becomes obvious that the driver bought it used, has no money to maintain it or mod it properly, lives with mom and dad, who is likely under the age of 25-30 yrs old, has an associates degree from <insert local community college here>, and still wears baggy jeans like it's 1995 all over again. I'm kidding! But you get the idea..

2. If you decide to aggressively modify an E60 BMW, I would suggest making sure that the major mods are done first. i.e. - 19" to 20" wheels, lowered suspension, and full M-Tech or M5 replica body kit. NO front lips or cheap-looking strap-on parts.

3. Once you properly take care of all steps in point 2, you can then safely make some serious changes to the car like matte wraps or black roof and so on. If you do mods in the proper order things look much cleaner and more "OEM".

Your car is nice, but you messed up the order of things. If you had shown us your car with an Mtech kit, a solid choice of wheels, lowered cleanly, and so on... you would have had a much different response than some of the replies here.

That's my 2c. =p
Obviously you weren't talking about me or my car. But what would you say if the owner of such car could tell you the following:

1. Didn't buy it used.
Has plenty of funds to maintain it.
Probably the best maintained bimmer on this site.
Has more houses to count on your single hand and they're all paid for and beautiful, so needless to say he/she does not live with mom and dad.
Over 30 yrs of age.
Has Masters degree as well as Law degree from a prominent university with one of the highest ratings in the nation.

I think you're overlooking things. I maintain the car because I drive it. But I really could give a damn about it really. I have other cars to drive depending on the day of the week and I don't really care about material possessions. The front lip has been there probably before most of you owned your bimmers. As far as wheels, Just haven't felt like it but ok....So I just dropped a grand on new rubber because they're not doing anything but sitting in garage collecting dust. So they'll be on soon enough...ONLY because the 11" rears make the car take the corners at 120mph much more easily.

So how long have you had the same haircut? be honest!
Old 03-04-2013, 01:50 AM
Members
Senior Members

My Ride: 2006 BMW 530I
Model Year: 530i

Originally Posted by AchtungE60
Obviously you weren't talking about me or my car. But what would you say if the owner of such car could tell you the following:

1. Didn't buy it used.
Has plenty of funds to maintain it.
Probably the best maintained bimmer on this site.
Has more houses to count on your single hand and they're all paid for and beautiful, so needless to say he/she does not live with mom and dad.
Over 30 yrs of age.
Has Masters degree as well as Law degree from a prominent university with one of the highest ratings in the nation.

I think you're overlooking things. I maintain the car because I drive it. But I really could give a damn about it really. I have other cars to drive depending on the day of the week and I don't really care about material possessions. The front lip has been there probably before most of you owned your bimmers. As far as wheels, Just haven't felt like it but ok....So I just dropped a grand on new rubber because they're not doing anything but sitting in garage collecting dust. So they'll be on soon enough...ONLY because the 11" rears make the car take the corners at 120mph much more easily.

So how long have you had the same haircut? be honest!
I smell BS and it stinks. Didn't you have a lot of trouble with this car and did an extensive amount of work on it while complainng about money and expenses not too long ago? If someone do a search, that would either indicate you bought it used (lied) and/or learned a lot while fixing this once upon a time, a troublesome car. Didn't you state in the Classifed that you are selling this car for money for school tuitions?

Admittedly, I don't call myself an expert in cars. Not matter how good I may be (in anything), there is always someone better. However, with enough reading and research, I bet "anybody" can fix some part of it if they are equipped with the right tools or desire.

You, on other the hand, want to be looked upon as the so called expert and demand constant respect with your "opinions" . Respect can "never" be earned by your way of "be-littling people" who reply to things you can't stand. Don't play with fire if you can't stand the heat.

Be honest, are you 5'1, bald and constantly wondering why it is so hard to be liked (not matter how hard you tried)?

PS: I am a bit drunk while writing this. I am sorry if the truth hurts. And I sincerely respect everyone's opinion (whether I agreed or not). And I did aced my thesis about Napoleon Complex.
Old 03-04-2013, 11:22 AM
Senior Members

yes, just what you said! All of it is true! Stay off my posts. I dont like you, never have and never will.