E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

What do you think?

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-2013, 09:43 PM
Members
Senior Members

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: Bmw E60 530i 2004 Jet Black sport package on Linea Corse 19" Lc818 Saphire Black

The color looks like the one that the Air Force use !

I don't really like it, but I don't hate it either,, I think its unique datsit ! Looks special!
Did you use plasti dip for the body ?

I like the roof ! It looks good !

Congrats for the new colors
Old 02-25-2013, 03:52 AM
Senior Members

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
My Ride: 2008 535i LCI with sports/premium package, Sports trans with paddle shifters, CF emblems, JB4 Software, Dinan Exhaust, Navigation, M5Tech body kit, Carbon wrap interrior trim and CIC Controller.

I'm not feeling this either... Some of the mat colors look pretty good, but I think you really have to match up the rest like wheels etc. Not sure what would look the best when you have a may mat car, do yo go with a mat or gloss wheel? Maybe something more contrasting as in metal color? I'm just not sure myself.

Did you spray this using a flattening agent? When I sprayed my roof black I was tossing the flat look, but but in the end decided to just go normal.
Old 02-25-2013, 06:45 AM
New Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2010 550i M sport

Looks like it was primed with a "rattle can" Sorry
Old 02-25-2013, 07:21 AM
Members

I like it. Something different.
Old 02-25-2013, 07:33 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2009 W211
Model Year: 2017

looks like primer. car needs to be much more aggressive to pull off matte colors. just my .02.
Old 02-25-2013, 12:41 PM
Senior Members

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
My Ride: E60 530i

Originally Posted by tonyb635
Maybe something more contrasting as in metal color? I'm just not sure myself.
Did you spray this using a flattening agent? When I sprayed my roof black I was tossing the flat look, but but in the end decided to just go normal.
These are just the wheels that came with the car. They have some rash and drive well but I took off the 128's to refinish them and never got around to it. I am thinking of doing them in original color and wrapping new rubber on them. Now those are definitely an aggressive good looking wheel. it's just I really don't care enough about either wheels or car to take the time. I have other things to attend to. So perhaps during rainy season. I personally think the original silver 128's would look fabulous but I'm not all into vanity at this point.

Originally Posted by tgm001
The color looks like the one that the Air Force use !
I don't really like it, but I don't hate it either,, I think its unique datsit ! Looks special!
Did you use plasti dip for the body ?
I like the roof ! It looks good !
Congrats for the new colors
That's the 2nd time i've heard that. One guy in the USAF told me it's like a similar color they used on the F117.
Yes it's dipped. Both body and roof.

Originally Posted by dmarshall
Looks like it was primed with a "rattle can" Sorry
I'm pretty much a professional painter from bikes to cars to airplanes. However the person that did it for me, used professional equipment. I think you are confused. Do not get GLOSS or SATIN mixed up with "spray can" because my very first paint project when i was 21 was done with spray cans and I can guarantee you it looks better than you car. It is all about technique and smarts. your first post is to make a comment that makes you look not all that smart?
Old 02-25-2013, 12:56 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 545 modded the F out

Replace the black areas with gloss and slap an mtech front and it won't look too shabby.If those are the wheels that will stay then some spacers will improve the look tremendously. The texture looks pretty smooth so that means whoever did the job knew what they were doing. Care to share how much it cost or would have cost in event you would have paid for it?
Old 02-25-2013, 03:03 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by devildawg712
Replace the black areas with gloss and slap an mtech front and it won't look too shabby.If those are the wheels that will stay then some spacers will improve the look tremendously. The texture looks pretty smooth so that means whoever did the job knew what they were doing. Care to share how much it cost or would have cost in event you would have paid for it?
I can add the glossifier anytime I want. They are stock. The roof is the only thing that was done black that's not stock. I personally don't like the look of the M-tech front plus i don't want to spend money for aesthetics so the ACS front suits me fine.
As far as the cost around $650 or so but I guess price can vary depending on the professional in your area. You can also do it yourself, it's not hard I just don't have time to waste on a new project. Every hour is valuable these days.
Old 02-25-2013, 05:08 PM
Senior Members

So I just ordered some tires and I guess I'll wrap the wheels in some new rubber next week after I fix some rash. So back to the 128's..........

Btw for those that do not like the color...it's not really all that different from the original color, just a few shades darker and not "glossy"

But the wheels will be silver and they'll be extra glossy. I'll throw about 6 coats of clear on them.
Attached Thumbnails What do you think?-dsc03951.jpg   What do you think?-dsc04077.jpg  
Old 02-25-2013, 05:39 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2015 435xi GC

I like it, might copy you if it's available in a vinyl matte wrap