E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

What Do You LOVE Most About Your E60??

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-2009, 11:16 PM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2005 545i Sport Package Limo Tinted, Heads up display, Fully Loaded Minus Cold Weather Package and Rear window Sunshades.

I figured since there was a "What do you like least about your e60" I would twist this one around, and get some positive replies instead of all the negativity.

I love the fact I have the 545i V8 engine

I love how when I hold down the unlock key fob all my windows roll down simultaneously.

I love my Heads-Up display!

I love putting my car in DS with DSC off and hitting the gas, and listening to my tires squealing with power.

I love the triple action signal! MAKES IT SO SIMPLE!

Just a few I have plenty more but didn't wanted to take all the good replies! Haha
Old 03-23-2009, 11:46 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by Jrowe' post='825223' date='Mar 24 2009, 08:16 AM
I figured since there was a "What do you like least about your e60" I would twist this one around, and get some positive replies instead of all the negativity.

I love how when I hold down the unlock key fob all my windows roll down simultaneously.

I love putting my car in DS with DSC off and hitting the gas, and listening to my tires squealing with power.

Just a few I have plenty more but didn't wanted to take all the good replies! Haha
+1 on the 545i V8 I wouldn't chip this or sprintboost it as it's already perfect for my driving style. Yes I know people rave about the sprintbooster, and for their driving style it might be great, but for mine - it's already perfect. I wouldn't even want a 550i or an M5 either, this one is just right for me. Sure I'd borrow an M5 for a day and enjoy it (like I did the 510BHP RS6+ I drove, but I'd rather live with something a bit more tame. It makes it a lot easier to keep my driving licence when I drive a "car" rather than a "rocket".

As for the key fob window trick - that's standard on all German cars of the last 15 years, but yes it's good. Equally good to see all the windows roll UP simultaneously (and the sunroof).

I love my comfort seats with ventilation and heating. Perfect for all seasons.

Love the steptronic box - wouldn't want manual.

Even though I don't like the climate system - it's complicated and inflexible - I'd rather have more buttons/dials. Saying that though, I haven't adjusted ANY of my climate control settings for the past 5 months. I set the temperature I prefer, and right through winter it's been perfect. I haven't adjusted it in the slightest. So I guess I do like it really.

Love the dynamic drive, the braking, the cornering, the acceleration, the stability at very high speed (155mph), the low noise levels inside and pretty much everything else too.

The things I don't like are so minor they're hardly worth mentioning (but look, I am....) ..... I can't open the trunk/boot lid with the remote control when it's in the ignition (you have to take the key out press the button and then put it back in). That's all I can think of that I don't like.
Old 03-23-2009, 11:50 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2005 545i Sport Package Limo Tinted, Heads up display, Fully Loaded Minus Cold Weather Package and Rear window Sunshades.

I can't open the trunk/boot lid with the remote control when it's in the ignition (you have to take the key out press the button and then put it back in). That's all I can think of that I don't like.

Is there not a button down by your feet to open the trunk???
Old 03-23-2009, 11:52 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2004 545i Custom Matt White Paint by PLATINUM VIP | Sport Pkg | Cold Weather Pkg | 6 Speed Manual | Premium Sound | Oem ///M5 Front Bumper | Oem ///M5 Rear Bumper | OEM ///M5 Side Skirts | Oem ///M5 Trunk Finisher | Oem ///M5 Fenders | 20% Tint | Vip Modular Wheels | 21x9.5 F | 21 x11 R | Magnaflow Exhaust | AAA Oval Tips | RPI Scoops | KW V2 Coilovers | Predator Ice V2 Angel Eyes | LED Side Turn Signal Markers ( Smoked ) Cross Drilled Rotors | CF Engine cover | Axxis Deluxe Break Pads | K&N Drop in

V8 6 speed manual ..... luv it ...!!!!!
Old 03-24-2009, 01:26 AM
Contributors

My Ride: See my signature

Originally Posted by Jrowe' post='825223' date='Mar 24 2009, 03:16 AM

Things I like most:

1. Comfort Seats -- they are just outstanding

2. Engine -- both buttery smooth and very powerful, especially at highway speeds

3. Steptronic transmission -- is very silky in operation and readily downshifts two gears at highway speeds when I floor it with no hesitation at all

4. Logic 7 -- the bass is very strong -- much more so than the competition

5. Sport package styling -- the exterior body kit looks terrific

6. Steering wheel -- no one does a small diameter, thick sterring wheel better than BMW. I am always amazed at the skinny, large-diameter steering wheels that the competition saddles their "sport" sedans with.

Old 03-24-2009, 01:36 AM
Members

My Ride: 2008 535i, Platinum Gray, Black Dakota Leather, Dark Poplar Trim Premium Package | Sport Package | Navigation

I love the fact I switched out the factory run flat tires yesterday for Bridgestone Potenza RE960 AS Pole Position.
Love the smoother ride, way less noise and live with the slightly worse handling.
Old 03-24-2009, 02:10 AM
Members

- Heated steering wheel

- Folding rearview mirrors

- iPod integration

- Smooth "6" under hood

- It's a good looking 4 door sedan
Old 03-24-2009, 04:00 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by Jrowe' post='825244' date='Mar 24 2009, 08:50 AM
Is there not a button down by your feet to open the trunk???
Sadly not.
Old 03-24-2009, 04:50 AM
Members

My Ride: 2008 E61 525DA, Beige bport leather seats, adaptive bixenons, PDC, NAV Pro, Carbon Black, M-Sport, Head-Up.

Mine pointers:

Amazing comfort seats
Heated steeringwheel
Good xenon lights
M sport wheel
Quiet
A good drive
Old 03-24-2009, 04:58 AM
Members

I never tire of watching my electrically adjustable steering wheel lower it's self into position everytime I put the key in

Quick Reply: What Do You LOVE Most About Your E60??