E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

what do u hate about your 5

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-2005, 04:00 AM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Mart' date='Mar 24 2005, 01:57 PM
What's a trunk monkey?
[snapback]105937[/snapback]
Trunk monkeys are located in the Lounge, Alohalc has them.
Old 03-24-2005, 04:05 AM
Members

Future residual value
Runflats
bootlid shutline - still not growing on me..
Old 03-24-2005, 04:13 AM
Contributors

My Ride: E90 M3
Model Year: 2011

Originally Posted by Mart' date='Mar 24 2005, 05:38 AM
The fact that the indicator cancelling system is too sensitive.? I find that, if you turn the wheel a fraction of a rotation in the direction of indication and then have to straighten up BEFORE you make the actual turn, the indicators cancel.

Maybe that's why many people have a "downer" on BMW drivers for not indicating?
[snapback]105895[/snapback]
Big ditto on this one! Like the three signal action though maybe four or five blinks would be better. Overall the turn signal turns itself off much to easily. Add the creaking door issue and that pretty much is my list.
Old 03-24-2005, 04:38 AM
Members

My Ride: 545i, Steptronic, coldweather, comfort seats, Logic 7, front/rear seat heaters, navigation. sirius

I can't really say I hate anything about the car.

The car could definately use more storage space and MP3 play would be nice. Annoyed maybe but hate is too strong a word to describe how I feel about it.
Old 03-24-2005, 05:07 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: '06 530i -6speed - Comfort Seats - Premium Package - Premium Sound Package - Cold Weather Package - Ventilated Seats - Xenon -HUD - PDC - Nav

urg....

shitty idrive software
LACK OF interior storage
qulity of interior material
the SHITTY ass cupholders ... can't fit a bottle thats a llittle smaller in there, otherwise it will tip & fall.

the movable armrest... when trying to brace yourself for a hard stop, it moves under you & gives you a scare of your life. even my SA calls it a safety hazard .. they have disabled a few of them as per customer request.
Old 03-24-2005, 05:15 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2007 Titanium Gray 550i, with sport, nav, HUD, Logic7, sat radio, cold weather, rear side airbags, rear seat heaters, and it goes like a bat outta hell!

Originally Posted by soc_fans' date='Mar 24 2005, 05:42 AM
THE CUPHOLDERS!!!? ?
[snapback]105896[/snapback]
CUPHOLDERS??? Those aren't cupholders!! :'(

But yes, the cupholders, and the damnd squeaky window seals that my dealer can't figure out how to fix. Yesterday, he told me that he would be happy to apply carboflo (fourth application in 7 months), and let me have the rest of the tube to continue fixing a warranted defect on my car......Now that's what I call service..NOT!!

Other than that, I LOVE this car!
Old 03-24-2005, 05:21 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2004 525i, Jet Black, Black Dakota Leather, Poplar Wood, Steptronic Transmission, Premium Package, Xenon Lights.

-- Cup holders
-- Interior storage space
-- I drive warning message
-- Seat belt warning chime
-- No MP3
-- No CD text

other that that I just love my E60

btw, never had any problems with moveable armrest. The part that slides out is sitting there pretty tight.
Old 03-24-2005, 05:33 AM
Members

Sport seats- lumbar support only comfortable when fully deflated

Turn signal- should be able to choose from 3-5 "blinks"

iDrive- lose the initial warning; Menus should be easier to navigate (Sat radio- should be able to go immediately to current station); iDrive screen should go COMPLETELY black when you turn it off

Steering Wheel- cheap plastic feel, too thin, nothing like my old "M" wheel

Not enough interior storage- what a complete waste of space all that crap in the center console is!

Power adapters- should remain ON- I would love to leave my iPod charging in the trunk, e.g.; Can anyone get to the one in the passenger well without having to crawl head first into the car??

Clutch Delay Valve- what a POS that is! Also, I wish 1st gear wasn' quite so tall, the car is a bit slow initially off the line

PDC-would love if it had a sensor to detect a parking curb so that I don't damage the airdam
I have grown to love the look of the E60, but the lack of door guards makes me a bit paranoid

With fold-down rear seats/ski bag, you can lock the trunk, but if someone breaks into the car it is possible to access the trunk by removing the skibag module.

These are not "hates," but minor annoyances- overall I am very thrilled with my 545 and consider it a big improvement over my old E39.
Old 03-24-2005, 05:34 AM
Members

My Ride: 535 D - to be delivered end Feb 2005 - color E08 - comfort seats - executive leather balck - 122 wheels - dynamic drive - active steering - pack luxe - tecnology pack - moon roof - 6CD player - hifi system - spare wheel - BT phone

Harsh Goodyear NCT5 runflats and lack of cabin storage.
Old 03-24-2005, 05:43 AM
Members

My Ride: 2005 530i - Alpine white with auburn interior; tip, xenon, pdc, sirius, prem, cold weather, red reflectors and xpel.

similar to others..
*I-drive warning message
*comfort of base seat
*not enough driver storage
*cup holders are useless
*no temperature guage

and, no manual wheel on center console for fresh air (I thought all BMWs had this, my x5 did as well as my 3 series from tears ago).

Even with all these little things, no regrets.

Quick Reply: what do u hate about your 5