E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

What do I do now?

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-2012, 12:35 PM
Rez
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: PHINEASS. 2008 535i Alpine White/ Light Beige Dakota/ Dark Poplar with Sports, Premium, Navigation, Cold Weather, Comfort Access, Satellite Radio, Ipod & USB, Legal Tinted, All Weather Front, Rear and Trunk mats, Detailed and Clay Treated.
Model Year: 2008

We can clearly see that the paint has been chipped off, so I don't think that Paintless Dent Removal is an option. But take it by one of those guys for peace of mind.

Where on the Gulf Coast are you?
Old 03-05-2012, 12:40 PM
Members

Originally Posted by Rez
We can clearly see that the paint has been chipped off, so I don't think that Paintless Dent Removal is an option. But take it by one of those guys for peace of mind.

Bay St Louis, MS.
Old 03-05-2012, 12:42 PM
Members

Originally Posted by MrTantrum
When you take the car in let them know that you are looking for competitive cash bids.
Thanks. Will do. Probably just do cash out of pocket so this will help.
Old 03-05-2012, 01:13 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2006 BMW 550i

Originally Posted by Rez

but at least a paintless dent guy can get most of the dent out, so that minimal bondo will be necessary.
Old 03-05-2012, 02:21 PM
Contributors

Well, this is a bit more than your first door ding but it's painful nonetheless! That said I'm sure a reputable body-shop can get this straightened out reasonably inexpensively. Too bad the paint is scratched because a good PDR [paint-less dent repair] shop would have smoothed this out - and some actually do some minor paint touch-up - wouldn't hurt to call a couple and see that they say.
As was already posted, it's probably less than your deductible so probably coming out of your pocket
Old 03-05-2012, 03:26 PM
Members

My Ride: 2007 550i (Sport, Prem, Nav, Logic7, Comf. Seats) Black on Black

Call your home owners ins company. You will not have to worry about your auto rates increasing. Also, pick up 100lbs of sand!!!! At least is looks like it is only damage on one panel... could be a lot worse.
Old 03-05-2012, 03:41 PM
Senior Members

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: 2008 535i: (8/07 Build) Metallic Bronze, Beige NASCA Leather, Ventilated Seats, Sport Pkg, Cold Wxr Pkg, Logic-7 Sound, HUD, Night Vision, PDC, Split Rear Seats, NAV, Premium Pkg, Comfort Access, HD Radio, Sport Auto Trans Current mods: M-Aero Kit, JB4, Motorcepts 6000k HID Foglamps Umnitza ICE-Lite 10w LED 6000k AE's 1992 Camaro RS: Fully Restored w/Custom Interior, 5.0L V8, T-tops, OEM Z28 Foglamps, Inst Cluster, & Spoiler, Custom Sound, Too many engine mods to list

Originally Posted by GoRavens
Call your home owners ins company. You will not have to worry about your auto rates increasing. Also, pick up 100lbs of sand!!!! At least is looks like it is only damage on one panel... could be a lot worse.
That's if a home owners policy covers it. Last I remember an h/r policy covers damage to the structure itself and personal items such as furniture, etc. I don't think it would cover a car that was sitting in the driveway and had a basketball frame land on it (the basketball frame is not a part of the home structure.

It wouldn't hurt to try though.

OP: Any reputable body shop will give you a free written estimate for what you need fixed. Most of them are good for 7-30 days. Good luck.
Old 03-14-2012, 12:25 AM
New Members

That?s a real shame! Comprehensive would?ve probably covered that (if you own it though). Many people drop it because accidents like this seem unlikely---but there it is! If you haven?t already, I?d recommend buying auto and home insurance together so you can get a good deal on both and can get full coverage too.

Last edited by wileylehman; 08-28-2013 at 04:18 AM.
Old 03-14-2012, 01:11 AM
Members

My Ride: 2007 e60 550i motorsport metallic grey, black leather interior, head up display, logis & stereo, sat nav, M sport pakage and full options. 19' twin spoke wheels and LED front and tail lights

who knocked the goal post over??
Old 03-14-2012, 04:29 AM
Senior Members

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by el'Skell
who knocked the goal post over??
Sounds like there was no water or sand in it or not enough of it.