E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

What do i do?

Search this Thread

Old 11-02-2008, 06:26 AM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have an 06 still in factory warranty and the maintenance package
i've had problems with the brakes scraping at low speed which was fix a couple weeks ago. I just put aftermarket wheels on there and now every time i hit the brakes i get a constant loud grinding noise in the rear.
If i take it to the dealership are they going to try and tell me its because of the wheels?
It's a real pain in the ass to get them taken off then put back on after the brake issue is fixed but i can do it if i need to
What do you guys think????
Old 11-02-2008, 07:48 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by rflannery' post='710039' date='Nov 2 2008, 10:26 AM
I have an 06 still in factory warranty and the maintenance package
i've had problems with the brakes scraping at low speed which was fix a couple weeks ago. I just put aftermarket wheels on there and now every time i hit the brakes i get a constant loud grinding noise in the rear.
If i take it to the dealership are they going to try and tell me its because of the wheels?
It's a real pain in the ass to get them taken off then put back on after the brake issue is fixed but i can do it if i need to
What do you guys think????
What was done to fix it a couple of weeks ago. If there were brake disc interference with your wheels they'd be scraping all the time - not just when you brake. Are your wheels clearing the calipers? It's possible your '06 is due for a brake R&R. Are you getting IDrive warnings for that ??
Old 11-02-2008, 08:41 AM
Members

Originally the filed down the corners on the brake sesor on the right rear, now i'm getting it from the left rear but much worse. yeah they clear the calipers fine, it only happens when in drive also, in reverse i get no scraping. Its actually like a creek. the best way to describe it is like an old creaky door i guess. no idrive warnings either, it says i have 26000 miles before i need new pads and the rotors look like their in good shape.
i just want to make sure i can take it in with the wheels on there and not have them give me crap about them
Old 11-02-2008, 09:04 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2009 Alpine White e92 M3

Did you had had wheels aligned or something? sometimes it's the place where you get your after market rims, you have to really find a decent and reputationable place to get your rims. I've had very bad experience before too after buying after market rims. Hope all goes well with your car bro!
Old 11-02-2008, 09:14 AM
Members

No alignment yet, i got them brand new from wheelsnext and they installed them at their headquarters in miami. Just to clarify, this only happens while braking, otherwise the car ride perfect
i guess ill put the stocks back on and take it to the dealership