E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

What to do first...

Search this Thread

Old 05-26-2013, 09:11 PM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What to do first...

Hello gents, I need some advice. I am currently deployed in Afghanistan and when I return home, I have plans to do some modding. I have scrolled, searched and observed on your mods on here and this is the reason why I traded in my 2010 Nissan Maxima for a 2008 BMW 535i, you can do anything to this car! I have $5,000 (approved by the wife) and maybe $1,500 (unknown to the wife). I have a titanium sliver 535i, non logic7 and have added the JB4, BMS DCIs, umnitza ICE angel eyes and a roof spoiler . I don't track it but love to put the pedal down to the floor every so often which means, I'm more into looks then trying to whoop everyone out there. Here is what I am looking at:
  1. M5 front bumper with mtech rear bumper (possible carbon fiber front lip and rear difusser)
  2. 20” Gunmetal machine faced M6 wheels (please help the tire sizing as someone quoted 295/25ZR/20 for the rears which seemed a little odd)
  3. brush aluminum wrapped interior components
  4. JBL MS-8 processor, Earthquake SWS8xi and JL Audio XD600/6 amp
  5. AR design kittyless DP
  6. Umnitza quad exhaust (on the fence about the quad or dual look so may go with Dinan exhaust)
  7. ER intercooler (I'm stationed in Ft Bliss, TX=hot!)
  8. modymynav multimedia interface with rear camera

I am not married to anything except for the bumpers yet, so if you have a valid point please let me know. I know I do not need any of these mods, but I like to personalize my stuff plus I work really work to get these things. Please...help me spend my money!
Old 05-27-2013, 04:50 AM
Senior Members

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
My Ride: 2008 535i LCI with sports/premium package, Sports trans with paddle shifters, CF emblems, JB4 Software, Dinan Exhaust, Navigation, M5Tech body kit, Carbon wrap interrior trim and CIC Controller.

Hey Chief, a black roof looks nice on silver. Carbon/gloss black wrap, or paint. Mine is painted and I love it. Also, have you considered adding nav? CCC or CIC and then the CIC controller with either. This has been one of my favorites.
Old 05-27-2013, 05:18 AM
Members

Originally Posted by tonyb635
Hey Chief, a black roof looks nice on silver. Carbon/gloss black wrap, or paint. Mine is painted and I love it. Also, have you considered adding nav? CCC or CIC and then the CIC controller with either. This has been one of my favorites.
Hey Tony, do you have some pics of your roof? Another member posted pics of his roof with non gloss. I thought it looked amazing but I may go with a gloss or carbon fiber look. Did you do yours yourself or is it hard? I have the Nav already, just no logic 7. The CIC seems like it's more trouoble than anything.
Old 05-27-2013, 07:29 PM
Members

83 views and only man to help, hmmm...
Old 05-27-2013, 10:25 PM
Senior Members

i'd do the catless dp's, an fmic and meth
Old 05-28-2013, 02:05 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2008 535i LCI with sports/premium package, Sports trans with paddle shifters, CF emblems, JB4 Software, Dinan Exhaust, Navigation, M5Tech body kit, Carbon wrap interrior trim and CIC Controller.

Yeah I think I have a few pics. I'll post up in a few hours after I get to work. If you already have Nav, then the CIC controller is wonderful! I would have to say that its one of my favorites mods. You can either modify your cc trim and then order the trim bezel or purchase a trim and bezel. I modified mine and did the carbon wrap.
Old 05-28-2013, 04:06 AM
Members

Originally Posted by tonyb635
Yeah I think I have a few pics. I'll post up in a few hours after I get to work. If you already have Nav, then the CIC controller is wonderful! I would have to say that its one of my favorites mods. You can either modify your cc trim and then order the trim bezel or purchase a trim and bezel. I modified mine and did the carbon wrap.
Isn't the CIC mod quite expensive? When you say the CIC controller, are you talking about just chaning out knob portion? Would is the difference in that? Great, some more research to do!
Old 05-28-2013, 04:09 AM
Members

Originally Posted by west
i'd do the catless dp's, an fmic and meth
Sounds great, I have been thinking about adding meth. Another member from N54tech.com recommends a shop that may be able to do stealth install inside the spare wheel compartment. Anything cosmetic wise?
Old 05-28-2013, 05:43 AM
Senior Members

Here is the CIC controller added to the CCC.
Attached Thumbnails What to do first...-new_contro-lighted.jpg   What to do first...-new_control.jpg  
Old 05-28-2013, 05:46 AM
Senior Members

Gloss black painted roof.
Attached Thumbnails What to do first...-img_0127_r.jpg   What to do first...-img_0129_r.jpg   What to do first...-img_0130_r.jpg   What to do first...-img_0132_r.jpg  

Quick Reply: What to do first...