E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!
View Poll Results: Which color do you have or wish you had?
Alpine White Non-Metallic
11.17%
Olivin Green Metallic
3.05%
Jet Black Non-Metallic
12.18%
Titanium Silver Metallic
13.71%
Mystic Blue Metallic
7.61%
Silver Gray Metallic
17.26%
Monaco Blue Metallic
10.66%
Titanium Gray II Metallic
11.17%
Amethyst Gray Metallic
1.52%
Black Sapphire Metallic
11.68%
Voters: 197. You may not vote on this poll

What Color Do You Have?

Search this Thread

Old 08-25-2006, 02:20 AM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2007 530i, Steptronic 6, Silver Gray, Black Dakota leather, Anthracite wood, Premium pkg, Sport pkg, Cold Weather pkg, Premium Sound, pro nav, Active Steering, Park Distance, folding rear seats.

Sorry there was not enough room for (Deep Green Metallic)
Old 08-25-2006, 02:23 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: BMW ///M 525xi Carbon Black - Dakota Black Leather - Riegel Ahorn Anthrazit trim - Alloy wheels 135 8Jx18" - Sport Seats - Bi-Xenon Headlights - Nav. System Professional - Bluetooth phone prep. - Auto-Dim. Int + Folding exterior mirrors - Rear Blind (electric) and side blinds - PDC - Foldable rear seats - Trailer Clutch -- 1980 - E21 320 1984 - E21 323i - White 1988 - E34 520i - Light Blue 1995 - E39 528i - Dark Blue -- Momo 17" wheels 2001 - E39 530d - Stahblau -- ///M-kit 2002 - Mini Cooper S - Dark Silver -- wifes car 2006 - E60 525xi - Carbon black -- ///M-kit Mods: Anti carjacking system CJ-1

Originally Posted by laet' post='326663' date='Aug 25 2006, 12:20 PM
Sorry there was not enough room for (Deep Green Metallic)
And for Carbon Black either, like i see
Old 08-25-2006, 03:49 AM
Contributors

My Ride: E61 535d Apr 05. UK spec + Media Pack, Luxury Pack & Visibility Pack

Sapphire black looks great - when it's clean... (i.e. about 10 minutes every month). It's also bleeping hot when you leave the car in the sun. Ideally, I'd have liked titanium grey, but beggars can't be choosers (the car had exactly the right spec for everything else)
Old 08-25-2006, 05:20 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2005 545i Orient Blue

What about Orient blue???
Old 08-25-2006, 06:11 AM
Super Moderator

My Ride: F02 LCI Individual
Model Year: 2013

NONE of the above!

ORIENT BLUE
Old 08-25-2006, 11:37 AM
Members

The bad part about ordering and waiting two to three months for my 530i to come is the buyer's remorse that sets in once a day. I spent about two months researching the options, asking questions, and going to the local dealership to test drive and check out the options. Would of, could of, should of.

Regret 1: I live in Hawaii and thought NAV would be great tool for my job, even though the distance traveled is limited and I could use map quest. I do get full voice and a DVD player that I can use for MP3s. The money spent on NAV could have been spent on ventilated seats. The heat will just be an issue when I get in the car, but I would have used the ventilated seat feature every day. Although I thought it was a nice feature when I test drove an Infiniti M35, I can live without it.

Regret 2: I ordered the car with Black Sapphire Metallic. I was originally going to get a 330i and had changed my order. I think Black looks better on a E90 than a E60 - maybe I have been looking at pictures of 5 Series too long waiting for my car. Black E60s are starting to remind me of a limo. I have a silver Explorer and really regretted getting that after seeing how many silver cars there are on the road. The upkeep has been really easy, though. I kind of like the Titanium Gray or Silver Gray, but both are darker shades of silver. When did silver become so popluar???? From the poll it looks like about 25% chose some type of black, while around 40% chose some shade of silver. Sounds about right. White looks very classy, but it's white. ARGGH! Hopefully when my car gets here I'll be satisfied with what I get.
Old 08-25-2006, 11:57 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by B2Blain' post='326891' date='Aug 25 2006, 02:37 PM
The bad part about ordering and waiting two to three months for my 530i to come is the buyer's remorse that sets in once a day. I spent about two months researching the options, asking questions, and going to the local dealership to test drive and check out the options. Would of, could of, should of.

Regret 1: I live in Hawaii and thought NAV would be great tool for my job, even though the distance traveled is limited and I could use map quest. I do get full voice and a DVD player that I can use for MP3s. The money spent on NAV could have been spent on ventilated seats. The heat will just be an issue when I get in the car, but I would have used the ventilated seat feature every day. Although I thought it was a nice feature when I test drove an Infiniti M35, I can live without it.

Regret 2: I ordered the car with Black Sapphire Metallic. I was originally going to get a 330i and had changed my order. I think Black looks better on a E90 than a E60 - maybe I have been looking at pictures of 5 Series too long waiting for my car. Black E60s are starting to remind me of a limo. I have a silver Explorer and really regretted getting that after seeing how many silver cars there are on the road. The upkeep has been really easy, though. I kind of like the Titanium Gray or Silver Gray, but both are darker shades of silver. When did silver become so popluar???? From the poll it looks like about 25% chose some type of black, while around 40% chose some shade of silver. Sounds about right. White looks very classy, but it's white. ARGGH! Hopefully when my car gets here I'll be satisfied with what I get.
You are regreting all this without even seeing the car?
Old 08-25-2006, 01:46 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2007 E60 M5

Hey,

Where are the M5 and Individual colors?

I wish the Moonstone color ...
Old 08-25-2006, 09:09 PM
Members

My Ride: 2006 JET BLACK on BLACK SPORTS PACK 5ER, with RADENERGIE R-10's @ 20"

Originally Posted by B2Blain' post='326891' date='Aug 25 2006, 09:37 AM

Aloha, congrats on ordering your car. My car is jet black and it's a pain to keep clean, on the other hand my wife's car is Black sapphire like yours and it seems it always looks good. So good color choice. I look for you on the road.

I think if I was getting another 5 it would be the blue with the light grey interior. That looks sweet!
cya
Old 08-25-2006, 09:31 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2011 550i; Alpine White/Black Dakota/MSport/SAT/IAS/Driver Assistance/ConveniencePkg/Prem Pkg 2/4 Zone AC/Side-Top Cameras/HUD & Black panel/BMW Apps-iPhone 4 Media/M Decklid spolier /Ventureshiled clear bra/ V1 -Ordered 4/9/11, Production 4/19, Shipped on Martorell 4/23,Arrived Port Hueneme 5/19,Delivered 5/21/11

As mentioned in other posts, Silver Grey was designed with the E60 in mind. Here's mine...
Attached Thumbnails What Color Do You Have?-545i_006.jpg   What Color Do You Have?-dsc00545.jpg  

Quick Reply: What Color Do You Have?