E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

what to buy next?

Search this Thread

Old 12-01-2010, 11:11 AM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

So in 6 months I am happy to quadruple my salary and luckily means getting to find a new car-parting with my first and beloved 07 530i w hich I have driven hard for 60k miles with very little problems-really a amazing experience. I was going to get into an e60 M5 but I think id rather try something totally new-the M3 is out as it is an outgoing model soon. I really dont like the f10 and the 1M is too small and going out of style.

I was thinking about an RS4--I dont know nothing in the BMW lineup seems to fit-I want something with m performance--I am also sick of the S5-too many around.

Its really sad that once I am finally able to afford an M car they do away with the race driven high revving engines-I just dont want a turbo M--

any ideas maybe I am missing here? I want to lease and price range would be 80k or less so no supercars obviously!
Old 12-01-2010, 11:13 AM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 545iSMGSilver GrayAuburn Dakota LeatherLogic 7 Premium SoundSports Package

Ummm quadruple? umm clearly a Ferrari 458....
Old 12-01-2010, 11:15 AM
Former Vendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: 14 550i

- Audi RS4
- Porsche 997 TT, C4S, C2S
- Nissan GTR
- Audi R8 (Believe you can find used ones for around 80k)
- Wait for M5?
- Mercedes E63 AMG

That's all I got.
Old 12-01-2010, 11:27 AM
Senior Members

you really won't find a faster car for the money over a vette zr1. i also liked the gtr suggestion.

http://www.autoweek.com/article/2009...NEWS/903059965

also, not a fan of the look, but the cts-v coupe is a wicked ride.

when it comes to performance for your dollar, GM excels. i wouldn't own either of those rides for over 75k miles though. doubt you'd have a problem with that.
Old 12-01-2010, 11:30 AM
Former Vendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: 14 550i

didn't even think about about the american cars lol. z06 would be fun but only when you go straight.

Originally Posted by tuffluck
you really won't find a faster car for the money over a vette zr1. i also liked the gtr suggestion.

http://www.autoweek.com/article/2009...NEWS/903059965

also, not a fan of the look, but the cts-v coupe is a wicked ride.

when it comes to performance for your dollar, GM excels. i wouldn't own either of those rides for over 75k miles though. doubt you'd have a problem with that.
Old 12-01-2010, 11:36 AM
Banned

shoot-looked on audi site and there are no RS vehicles here anymore-clearly I am out of the loop-looks like possibly the RS5 will make it to the U.S sometime in 2011. Sheesh I may just have to wait a year. Cant afford a ferrari-80k is my limit so porsche out as well as I dont like the boxter/caymen.

There is not mercedes I like.

Well I may wait until the new 6 series is out in a year-kind of disapointing. if anyone else knows something I am missing on a good vehicle now adays let me know!
Old 12-01-2010, 11:39 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by Diamond
shoot-looked on audi site and there are no RS vehicles here anymore-clearly I am out of the loop-looks like possibly the RS5 will make it to the U.S sometime in 2011. Sheesh I may just have to wait a year. Cant afford a ferrari-80k is my limit so porsche out as well as I dont like the boxter/caymen.

There is not mercedes I like.

Well I may wait until the new 6 series is out in a year-kind of disapointing. if anyone else knows something I am missing on a good vehicle now adays let me know!
wow. was your post necessary to decide in 10 minutes that now isn't the time for you to buy a car? lol
Old 12-01-2010, 11:40 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2008 550I LOADED, all options except HUD and NV

Originally Posted by tuffluck
wow. was your post necessary to decide in 10 minutes that now isn't the time for you to buy a car? lol
Welcome to Diamond's world buddy
Old 12-01-2010, 12:00 PM
Members

So it has been a great car and many people would love to have the cars we drive, meanwhile you want to get rid of it because you now make more money

Why don't you bank the extra money rather than fleecing a new car? Pay off the current one with your new found cash and bank the fleece payments so that you will have something if an unfortunate event impacts your new found increase in pay, you will not be hurt.

Reminds me of the guy in the dealership recently while I was picking up my car. He is up to his eyeballs in in leases and payments. Business manager said he had to pay for gas when he left via credit card because he had zero cash to his name.

To each is his own, but sit on your money for 6 mos before you make a decision like this.

Nothing personal, just have seen too many people blow through way too much money and end up in ruin if something unfortunate happens to their cash stream.
Old 12-01-2010, 12:07 PM
Contributors

My Ride: BMW E60
Model Year: 2016

Originally Posted by evets
So it has been a great car and many people would love to have the cars we drive, meanwhile you want to get rid of it because you now make more money

Why don't you bank the extra money rather than fleecing a new car? Pay off the current one with your new found cash and bank the fleece payments so that you will have something if an unfortunate event impacts your new found increase in pay, you will not be hurt.

Reminds me of the guy in the dealership recently while I was picking up my car. He is up to his eyeballs in in leases and payments. Business manager said he had to pay for gas when he left via credit card because he had zero cash to his name.

To each is his own, but sit on your money for 6 mos before you make a decision like this.

Nothing personal, just have seen too many people blow through way too much money and end up in ruin if something unfortunate happens to their cash stream.
Good idea.

I've got no car payments for both cars I own and it feels great.

Quick Reply: what to buy next?