E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

what brand of tires

Search this Thread

Old 01-21-2008 | 04:23 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: Numero Uno in Richmond Va 04 530 6 speed, jet black, black dakota leather, xenons, red rear reflectors, 545 front grill, cold weather package, premium package, staggered 19 inch BBS rxII/michelins, H&R coilovers and intergrated, R1 concept drilled an
Model Year: 2004
Engine: 530i

Well I have my winter wheels and tires back on the car (the factory crapinrntals) Now my summer setup consist of staggered 19 inch bbs RXII's with the best tyre on the market as far as I am concerned Mich piolt sports, 245 35 19 front and 275 30 19 on the rear well of course the type of compound does not get the best tread life.

And when I put the combo back on for the summer I will need to atleast replace the rears fronts are still got life but could stand a revamp also.

Now the delima the COST AGAIN 379.00 a piece for the rear and about 300 for the fronts now I will fork it over if I must but would like to know what you other experts fill is a comperable tyre for this car at a reduced cost.

I have went to the tire rack and looked at all the manufactures for the size and read the reviews, but still alittle gun shy as they all drive honda nissan and other while good cars don't handle and ride like our cars.

My ohnorable mentions are Manufactors from:
Toyo
Dumlop
Sumitumo *I think they own Dunlop
Continetal
and Perelli

Now I only want summer tyers with some wet drivability no all season tyres please
any insite is greatly appreciated
Old 01-23-2008 | 09:25 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: Numero Uno in Richmond Va 04 530 6 speed, jet black, black dakota leather, xenons, red rear reflectors, 545 front grill, cold weather package, premium package, staggered 19 inch BBS rxII/michelins, H&R coilovers and intergrated, R1 concept drilled an
Model Year: 2004
Engine: 530i

No help I guess the Mich it is then. I am not about to do the try this try that as that only leds to scratched rims and wasted time thanks any way fellow members
Old 01-24-2008 | 05:44 AM
Members

My Ride: 535d Sport Saloon / Carbon Black / E-maps re-map / 20" Vortex R alloys - carbon black / Pro-Nav / Vis pack / heated leather / enough for now /

Hi Buddy
I run 20" alloys for summer use, and would recommend Toyo Proxes T1-R - these are great summer tires.
Plenty of grip, reasonable wear and unlike say the Dunlops, they actually grip the road.
Usually a good price too.
HTH
Old 01-25-2008 | 04:31 AM
Members

get the continental sports there the best for bimmerz
Old 01-25-2008 | 05:32 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 525d M Sport in Carbon Black

Originally Posted by buddy' post='520658' date='Jan 21 2008, 01:23 PM
Well I have my winter wheels and tires back on the car (the factory crapinrntals) Now my summer setup consist of staggered 19 inch bbs RXII's with the best tyre on the market as far as I am concerned Mich piolt sports, 245 35 19 front and 275 30 19 on the rear well of course the type of compound does not get the best tread life.

And when I put the combo back on for the summer I will need to atleast replace the rears fronts are still got life but could stand a revamp also.

Now the delima the COST AGAIN 379.00 a piece for the rear and about 300 for the fronts now I will fork it over if I must but would like to know what you other experts fill is a comperable tyre for this car at a reduced cost.

I have went to the tire rack and looked at all the manufactures for the size and read the reviews, but still alittle gun shy as they all drive honda nissan and other while good cars don't handle and ride like our cars.

My ohnorable mentions are Manufactors from:
Toyo
Dumlop
Sumitumo *I think they own Dunlop
Continetal
and Perelli

Now I only want summer tyers with some wet drivability no all season tyres please
any insite is greatly appreciated
Conti Sports here in Scotland, good rubber reasonable price... the best tyres i've ever had.
Old 01-25-2008 | 05:34 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: F11 -14

Originally Posted by e60scotland' post='522690' date='Jan 25 2008, 03:32 PM
Conti Sports here in Scotland, good rubber reasonable price... the best tyres i've ever had.
Conti Sport for me too! Excellent tyres and with a reasonable price. Micheling Pilot Sport is awesome at dry tarmac, but not really up among the best when wet. And rain is not an unusual feature in Scandinavia...
Old 01-25-2008 | 06:09 AM
Contributors

I run Dunlop MAXX on my Roadster ... they were a good value with the correct specs for that car. And the Pirelli PZero were very good on my 740i. However I don't know if either are available in the proper size for your set-up. Michelins are great for the first 25% of tread ... then get real slippery. And the price is really way out (or should I say UP) there! What I have found is some BMW dealers run tire specials for Continentals and other brands and often beat your ordinary tire stores when mounting and balancing is all added up.

Tire Rack has such a wide variety to choose from and great customer service - but finding a good installer who won't screw up your wheels is a challenge.
Old 01-25-2008 | 01:19 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2011 M3 Convertible, Alpine White/black, 6 speed 2011 535xi Tasmin Green, Venetian Beige

I had Bridgestone Pole Position something or other on my M3 and LOVED them. Thought they were way better the the Pilot Sports that they replaced. Cheaper too.
Old 01-25-2008 | 10:14 PM
Members

What about Kumho?s, like KU-31. I have those in my track day car and they are great. They have actually succeeded in couple of car magazine tests like in Auto Bild (a German magazine)
Old 01-25-2008 | 11:27 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2006, US Spec, 530i, Silver Gray, Black leather, Anthricite headliner, Steptronic, Navi Pro, PDC, Comfort Seats, Rear Heated Seats, Rear Shades, Folding Rear Seats, Bluetooth w/Blackberrt Torch, AUX Input, Bi-Xenon, AIB Angel Eyes w/matching fogs, summer wheels R118 w/PS2 tires, winter wheels R138 w/Michelin PA3 snows

i agree that the conti sports are pushed by bmw and the price at least at the dealer in germany are fine

Quick Reply: what brand of tires