E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

What an AMAZING vehicle

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-2005, 04:23 AM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2011 F10 535i -Brilliant Graphite/Oyster 2006 E5004matic- I must have been on drugs when I got this car 2004 545i Black Sapphire/Truffle Brown interior

Picked up my 545i yesterday and am on cloud 9. First time I ever picked up a new car right off the showroom floor. This particular dealer has a great set up wherein all deliveries are done right in the showroom. The configuration of their premises allows for a very easy exit from showroom right through service department. Great marketing appeal in that while all the paperwork is being done, the car was right in front of my eyes. Hope my salesman didn't notice the drool escaping out of the corner of my mouth. This delivery approach was also very handy in assisting other salesmen to close deals with clients that were also present. It seems that there is great appeal in watching someone take delivery of a new car.

So anyways, everything get's done and the salesman asked me to meet him in front while he backs the car out and brings it around front. I spend a couple of moments with him programming the home link and off he goes to leave me savour my new best friend. His parting words were to call him if I had any problems. After setting the seats, mirrors and steering wheel my hand reaches for the ignition, turns the key and NOTHING happens. Now there is no way that I am walking back into the dealership. So I reach for my Cell phone, call the dealer and tell my sales guy, "You told me to call with any problems, well the car does not start". what does he tell me.............

"Step on the brake".... Talk about one of lifes most embarrasing moments.

I managed to get it right and trust me I will never forget to step on the brake.

First driving impressions have been nothing less than amazing. Anyone that has followed by posts over the last couple of weeks will know that I am completly new to BMW products having previously favoured Japanese products.

Will post more opinions in next little while once I get to spend more time in the car, right now work calls ( now have to pay the price of ownership, busy at work).
Old 02-26-2005, 04:25 AM
Senior Members

gabman, congratulations on the new car! have a blast! If you haven't done it, winter tires can make a huge difference, depending on if you have much snow where you are.
Old 02-26-2005, 04:27 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2011 F10 535i -Brilliant Graphite/Oyster 2006 E5004matic- I must have been on drugs when I got this car 2004 545i Black Sapphire/Truffle Brown interior

Originally Posted by gdavis' date='Feb 26 2005, 08:25 AM
gabman, congratulations on the new car! have a blast! If you haven't done it, winter tires can make a huge difference, depending on if you have much snow where you are.
[snapback]94614[/snapback]
Thanks for good wishes, winter tires already installed at time of delivery
Old 02-26-2005, 05:27 AM
Members

My Ride: 2004 545i 6-speed, jet black on black, sport package, dynamic handling package (active handling and active steering), electric rear and manual side sunshades.

Where in Canada are you located and which dealership? You are going to love your car with each passing day.
Old 02-26-2005, 06:12 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2011 F10 535i, Graphite on Oyster, ///Msport, Executive Package, XDrive

Congrats gabman. Enjoy the car. I know I have enjoyed every moment in all of my BMW's over the years In all honesty however, the E60 is in a class of it's own even when compared to the other great cars I've owned.

Did you get the mat issue resolved? Did they activate BT for you and update software?

Please post pictures if you can. I would love to see truffle brown on Black spahire. I went for the triple black loook with mine.

I think I can see the sun shining of your smile all the way to Calgary!! Have fun and remember to step on the brake when you start it up!!!
Old 02-26-2005, 06:20 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by ademitt' date='Feb 26 2005, 10:12 AM
Congrats gabman.? Enjoy the car.? I know I have enjoyed every moment in all of my BMW's over the years In all honesty however, the E60 is in a class of it's own even when compared to the other great cars I've owned.

Did you get the mat issue resolved?? Did they activate BT for you and update software?

Please post pictures if you can. I would love to see truffle brown on Black spahire.? I went for the triple black loook with mine.

I think I can see the sun shining of your smile all the way to Calgary!!?? Have fun and remember to step on the brake when you start it up!!!
[snapback]94638[/snapback]
Hey ademitt,

Yes, they ordered the summer mats in Truffle Brown and they arrived just as I got there, will get the winter's next year.

Can't take any pictures now as my camera is nowhere to be found and I broke the piggy bank yesterday. Hope to be able to get some pictures soon though and will post. Have to say the truffle brown is really nice as it is dark and blends in very well, not to mention it is different. Can't believe the brake peddle story, boy did I feel dumb.

Bluetooth issue still unresolved, salesman still checking it out. he is trying to tell me that I will also need to install some hardware (receive or transmitter), I am not so sure he knows what he is talking about, but until Bell Cell comes out with a bluetooth phone I can't do anything anyways.

Well sun is shining here and hope to get out to cruise soon. Have a good day.
Old 02-26-2005, 06:47 AM
Banned

My Ride: '05 545i, silver gray, black leather with anthracite maple wood, sport package, premium sound, navigation, cold weather package, electric rear sunshade, folding rear seat, satellite radio prep, PIAA 4150K fogs, red rear reflectors, hardwired Valentine One

Congrats!
Old 02-26-2005, 06:52 AM
Senior Members

Congratulations!!!

I too went with the Truffle Brown, but instead of black I ordered Silver Grey ... do post pictures including some of the inside
Old 02-26-2005, 06:11 PM
sj3
Senior Members

Gabman: Congratulations! That sounds like a great delivery experience. Well done. How come you sig. says '04 545i? If you just picked it up, isn't it an '05?

Sam
Old 02-26-2005, 06:44 PM
Super Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: G30 M550i
Model Year: 2018

sj3, the following earlier post by gabman should answer your question...

http://forums.e60.net/index.php?showtopic=...indpost&p=90007

Quick Reply: What an AMAZING vehicle