E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

Water pump

Search this Thread

Old 01-05-2008, 04:15 PM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2005 525i Titanium Silver Metalic and 2003 325xi Jet Black with the Premium Package in both cars.

Has anyone had to change their waterpump after 60K due to problems on the M54B25 or M54B30 engines??????> Its my understanding those water pumps have a plastic impeller with those engines which tends to go after 50-60k.??????? Is it a fable or is it the truth??????
Old 01-06-2008, 04:36 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: Numero Uno in Richmond Va 04 530 6 speed, jet black, black dakota leather, xenons, red rear reflectors, 545 front grill, cold weather package, premium package, staggered 19 inch BBS rxII/michelins, H&R coilovers and intergrated, R1 concept drilled an
Model Year: 2004
Engine: 530i

I am in a quandry now with the dealership though they have been great I reported once again of not haveing any or very little heat and it may be the pump or the thermostat which since I am just out of warrenty now even though I told them about it before my warrenty was up says I may have to pay for it we are talking upwards of 500.00 dollars.

I expressed my displeasure with the sinario, because for one I reported to you before warrenty was up and two darn I even now only have 46000 miles on the car warrenty ran out October 23 07. One trip prior to end of warrenty yeilded no fix and now they are talking about chargeing me

For the record Idrive red bars maxed out, tryed the auto function with the ac button off, and the auto air on. Also tryed manual with different flaps adjusted via idrive and both climate control knobs set past the 80 degree mark and still only luke warm air the hkra was also replaced under warrenty last yearduring the summer for the AC not getting cold now I have the opposite.

If not for seat and steering heaters it would be a chilling morning commute. I think it has to be the pump or thermostat though because sometimes it will get a little more heat though not on the initial drive in the morning after I get off even if it is still cold its warmer but still not enough and if i just let the car idle after a quick jaunt it will get really hotter and I can turn down the dials, but as soon as I start driveing it goes back to being luke warm at the most.

I did call BMW NA and put them on notice they stated that they would fix the problem and it should be covered, I have another appointment soon as they get some loaner cars in hopefully next week so we can get this chilling experiance over 16 degrees in the mornings is just not cool.

Most times I can wait to get into my work truck which warms up from being dead cold to 210 degres and blowing burning hot air in about 1 block if Chevy can do it why can't my BMW.

Anyone else with the same heat issues?
Old 01-06-2008, 05:18 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by buddy' post='514293' date='Jan 6 2008, 08:36 AM
I am in a quandry now with the dealership though they have been great I reported once again of not haveing any or very little heat and it may be the pump or the thermostat which since I am just out of warrenty now even though I told them about it before my warrenty was up says I may have to pay for it we are talking upwards of 500.00 dollars.

I expressed my displeasure with the sinario, because for one I reported to you before warrenty was up and two darn I even now only have 46000 miles on the car warrenty ran out October 23 07. One trip prior to end of warrenty yeilded no fix and now they are talking about chargeing me

For the record Idrive red bars maxed out, tryed the auto function with the ac button off, and the auto air on. Also tryed manual with different flaps adjusted via idrive and both climate control knobs set past the 80 degree mark and still only luke warm air the hkra was also replaced under warrenty last yearduring the summer for the AC not getting cold now I have the opposite.

If not for seat and steering heaters it would be a chilling morning commute. I think it has to be the pump or thermostat though because sometimes it will get a little more heat though not on the initial drive in the morning after I get off even if it is still cold its warmer but still not enough and if i just let the car idle after a quick jaunt it will get really hotter and I can turn down the dials, but as soon as I start driveing it goes back to being luke warm at the most.

I did call BMW NA and put them on notice they stated that they would fix the problem and it should be covered, I have another appointment soon as they get some loaner cars in hopefully next week so we can get this chilling experiance over 16 degrees in the mornings is just not cool.

Most times I can wait to get into my work truck which warms up from being dead cold to 210 degres and blowing burning hot air in about 1 block if Chevy can do it why can't my BMW.

Anyone else with the same heat issues?
I had similar problem with my e28 524TD and took to regular repairs of heater control valve. Dealers wanted to replace entire valve - it was more expensive. The repair inserts cost less than $20 and took 15 minutes to R&R. Never experienced similar problems it with subsequent BMW's. If it is isolated to the HVAC and you advised your service department while the car was under warranty but they didn't or couldn't diagnose / repair it is should be a warranty coverage. And it sounds like BMWNA agrees (wise move on their part).

My 530xi heater gets to cranking out warm air in less than 1.5 miles - even during the recent 15 degree cold snap we've had. But the heated seats and steering wheel really save the day!
Old 01-06-2008, 05:57 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: Numero Uno in Richmond Va 04 530 6 speed, jet black, black dakota leather, xenons, red rear reflectors, 545 front grill, cold weather package, premium package, staggered 19 inch BBS rxII/michelins, H&R coilovers and intergrated, R1 concept drilled an
Model Year: 2004
Engine: 530i

Originally Posted by luigi524td' post='514299' date='Jan 6 2008, 09:18 AM
I had similar problem with my e28 524TD and took to regular repairs of heater control valve. Dealers wanted to replace entire valve - it was more expensive. The repair inserts cost less than $20 and took 15 minutes to R&R. Never experienced similar problems it with subsequent BMW's. If it is isolated to the HVAC and you advised your service department while the car was under warranty but they didn't or couldn't diagnose / repair it is should be a warranty coverage. And it sounds like BMWNA agrees (wise move on their part).

My 530xi heater gets to cranking out warm air in less than 1.5 miles - even during the recent 15 degree cold snap we've had. But the heated seats and steering wheel really save the day!
Yeah my e34 heater control valve did the same thing but it was much much later in life and it also showed it's distress by leaking and I could see the white crust to prove it. Thanks for the reply and while I am not trying to get a free ride i would pay a small amount for a unrelated item but not to excess