E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

Washed my car today

Search this Thread

Old 01-01-2005, 06:06 PM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Washed my car today-img_0201.jpg
Old 01-01-2005, 06:15 PM
Senior Members

I washed mine too at a drive through, that uses only water and no brushes. However as I was drying the car afterwards, I noticed a wheel that had curb rash on it!!!!!!! I was really angry and thought that it came from the dealer last time I took the car in for service.

After thinking about it, I realized that when I pulled my car into the wash, there was a wheel guide that grabbed my wheel/tire to align it, and that the car was a little off center!!!!!!!!!!!! It must have been that darn guide that did it.

Be careful if you use those drive-through washes that force your wheel into position!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 01-01-2005, 10:26 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 530iA Silver Grey , black interior. Premium Package, Navigation System, Head-up Display, Radio Satellite, Adaptive Xenon Headlights. AC Schnitzer Front Lip, H&R springs, Rear red reflector, All season Floor mat,

Most car washes in the bay area are closed due to the rain these few days. My car is so dirty now !
Old 01-01-2005, 11:16 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 545iSMGSilver GrayAuburn Dakota LeatherLogic 7 Premium SoundSports Package

Originally Posted by gdavis' date='Jan 1 2005, 07:15 PM
Be careful if you use those drive-through washes that force your wheel into position!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
[snapback]74526[/snapback]
I'll just be careful not to use car washes...
Old 01-02-2005, 08:00 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by EBMCS03' date='Jan 2 2005, 03:16 AM
[quote name='gdavis' date='Jan 1 2005, 07:15 PM']Be careful if you use those drive-through washes that force your wheel into position!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
[snapback]74526[/snapback]
I'll just be careful not to use car washes...
[snapback]74564[/snapback]
[/quote]
I agree with your not using car washes at all in LA, but for us in our climate, we have to put away our hoses and stuff in winter since they'd freeze and we have to rely on some kind of car wash (I use the ones without brushes, only water), since our faucets are out of commission!
Old 01-02-2005, 12:07 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 545iSMGSilver GrayAuburn Dakota LeatherLogic 7 Premium SoundSports Package

Originally Posted by gdavis' date='Jan 2 2005, 09:00 AM
but for us in our climate, we have to put away our hoses and stuff in winter since they'd freeze and we have to rely on some kind of car wash (I use the ones without brushes, only water), since our faucets are out of commission!
[snapback]74641[/snapback]
OH that sucks...
Old 01-02-2005, 12:31 PM
Senior Members

As long as you haven't got temperatures below -2 - -3'C and you've got the ability to slightly heat your car in a garage, in combination with hot water, it's really not a problem handwashing the car

I do it quite regularly in winter time. However.. I do the waxing and so on in our garage
Old 01-02-2005, 12:51 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by paasan' date='Jan 2 2005, 04:31 PM
As long as you haven't got temperatures below -2 - -3'C and you've got the ability to slightly heat your car in a garage, in combination with hot water, it's really not a problem handwashing the car

I do it quite regularly in winter time. However.. I do the waxing and so on in our garage
[snapback]74734[/snapback]
so paasan, do you wash the car outdoors with the hose, and then bring it into the garage to dry it? You know, there must be a science to this in the winter for us northerners.
Old 01-02-2005, 02:07 PM
Senior Members

Pre-heated car, hot water. I dry off the car by hand if possible, and then leave the car in the garage to dry. When dry, I wax it. It's pretty simple, and yes, I do use a hose (of course stored inside).
Old 01-02-2005, 04:23 PM
Contributors

My Ride: On Order: 2006 525i Alpine White Auburn Interior Premium Pkg Sport Pkg Cold Weather Pkg Xenons Sunshades Sat Radio Navigation

paasan,

-5'C is only 23'F, and that is pretty cold, so I commend you on hand washing your car, but in the midwest, Indy, Ohio, and many other places in the US (north east), it gets even colder than that. 10'F and even -XX'F, and even if you use warm water outside, the minute you put it on the car, it would freeze up and would be very effective washing outside. You would essentially have to wash your car inside the garage, and even at very, very low temperatures, unless your garage is heated an well insulated, the air inside your garage could be below freezing as well.

I think someone on this board has a garage with a drain and enough space to wash there car inside the garage...now that is nice. That would be ideal for me!!!

Quick Reply: Washed my car today