E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

Warranty work and BMWNA

Search this Thread

Old 12-28-2008, 06:40 AM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride:

I've been wanting to post this topic for a while, but my wife and I gave birth to twin boys on Christmas Eve and well I have been a little busy. They were about 3 months early so we are spending a lot of time at the hospital!!

Anyway, I was having issues with my car. The first being a break squeal that the dealer could never diagnose properly. The second being an engine rattle that they claimed nonexistent......

Well, after a few months of this, I was really sick of being told problems I knew existed were not there, I reached out to a member of the E60 forum for a contact at BMW NA customer service. And then things started to happen!! My contact was incredibly helpful, very professional and followed up with me all the way through the process. Even calling me after I got my car back to make sure that I was happy.

I ended up with new brakes, pads, rotors and sensors. Which is what I knew I needed to solve the brake squeal. And a new AC compressor for the engine rattle ( I had no idea that was the issue with the rattle, but it's gone now!!)

I came to BMWNA with my service records and SIB's that were related to my issues as well. When the tech that travels to the various dealerships came to mine, I had an appointment with him and like I said problem solved. Funny though I've still had no contact from the Service manager or General manager at my dealer. Pathetic.

Bottom line.... You drive your car everyday, you know what it should sound and feel like. If you know something is not right, do not let them send you away with that "Can not duplicate customer concern" b.s.!! BMW needs us to remain loyal customers and I was considering defecting.

So, I just wanted to share that with you guys and let you know that despite the shitty service at your local dealer, help is there if you need it. They need us, we don't need them. Never give in........

B
Old 12-28-2008, 06:46 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2008 528i, Space Grey, Nav, PDC, Premium, Sports, Grey Leather, Xenon, Cornering...

CONRATS ON THE TWINS!!! Thanks for sharing bro...

Tonymac
Old 12-28-2008, 06:49 AM
Senior Members

My Ride:

Thanks!!

I think it's important to note how much the E60 forum has enhanced my experience as a BMW owner. I can't thank you guys enough for the great source of information!!
Old 12-28-2008, 06:54 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by bespoke1' post='754177' date='Dec 28 2008, 11:40 AM
I've been wanting to post this topic for a while, but my wife and I gave birth to twin boys on Christmas Eve and well I have been a little busy. They were about 3 months early so we are spending a lot of time at the hospital!!

Anyway, I was having issues with my car. The first being a break squeal that the dealer could never diagnose properly. The second being an engine rattle that they claimed nonexistent......

Well, after a few months of this, I was really sick of being told problems I knew existed were not there, I reached out to a member of the E60 forum for a contact at BMW NA customer service. And then things started to happen!! My contact was incredibly helpful, very professional and followed up with me all the way through the process. Even calling me after I got my car back to make sure that I was happy.

I ended up with new brakes, pads, rotors and sensors. Which is what I knew I needed to solve the brake squeal. And a new AC compressor for the engine rattle ( I had no idea that was the issue with the rattle, but it's gone now!!)

I came to BMWNA with my service records and SIB's that were related to my issues as well. When the tech that travels to the various dealerships came to mine, I had an appointment with him and like I said problem solved. Funny though I've still had no contact from the Service manager or General manager at my dealer. Pathetic.

Bottom line.... You drive your car everyday, you know what it should sound and feel like. If you know something is not right, do not let them send you away with that "Can not duplicate customer concern" b.s.!! BMW needs us to remain loyal customers and I was considering defecting.

So, I just wanted to share that with you guys and let you know that despite the shitty service at your local dealer, help is there if you need it. They need us, we don't need them. Never give in........

B
Do me a favor and tell me who to contact because I have the same problems with my dealership. Its almost to the point I want to just say "maybe I should work here, because you guys cleary can't find the problems I notice on a daily basis that are glaringly obvious."
Old 12-28-2008, 07:01 AM
Senior Members

My Ride:

Originally Posted by Howitzer' post='754188' date='Dec 28 2008, 09:54 AM
Do me a favor and tell me who to contact because I have the same problems with my dealership. Its almost to the point I want to just say "maybe I should work here, because you guys cleary can't find the problems I notice on a daily basis that are glaringly obvious."

I sure will. I have the contact info in my computer at the office. I will PM the info, phone number and email, in the morning. Cool??
Old 12-28-2008, 08:22 AM
Contributors

Congratulations on the double addition to your family - and best of luck!

Tell BMW they should treat you "right" ... you're populating their future buyers pipeline!
Old 12-28-2008, 08:24 AM
Senior Members

My Ride:

Originally Posted by luigi524td' post='754251' date='Dec 28 2008, 11:22 AM
Congratulations on the double addition to your family - and best of luck!

Tell BMW they should treat you "right" ... you're populating their future buyers pipeline!
Ha! That's true! I already have two 'Future BMW drivers' hats for them!!
Old 12-28-2008, 08:30 AM
Super Moderator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
My Ride: 2011.5 Alpine White E90 M3 | Black Novillo Leather | Carbon Fiber Leather Trim | ZCP | ZP2 | M-DCT | Navigation | Moonroof | 6FL Mods: TMS 12.5mm spacers all around l Hawk HPS Brake Pads l OEM M3 Edition Grills l Paint Matched Side Gills l Key Hole D

Congrats on the double up to your family...

and also glad you got things resolved with your e60, it's a shame it took so much effort...chalk one up to the e60.net network again
Old 12-28-2008, 08:35 AM
Senior Members

My Ride:

Originally Posted by GENEaTALS' post='754258' date='Dec 28 2008, 11:30 AM
Congrats on the double up to your family...

and also glad you got things resolved with your e60, it's a shame it took so much effort...chalk one up to the e60.net network again
Thanks!

Without this forum, I would be lost on this car. E60.net should be standard equipment for BMW drivers.

B
Old 12-28-2008, 11:47 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 545iSMGSilver GrayAuburn Dakota LeatherLogic 7 Premium SoundSports Package

Originally Posted by bespoke1' post='754266' date='Dec 28 2008, 09:35 AM
Thanks!

Without this forum, I would be lost on this car. E60.net should be standard equipment for BMW drivers.

B

http://www.e60.net/donate/

Quick Reply: Warranty work and BMWNA