E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

warning program 25

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-2007, 10:45 AM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 530D SPORT MEDIA PACKAGE, SITTING ON 19'S

hey guys,

well i had heard so many good things about program 25 i decided to book my car in and get the update (biggest mistake of my life) handed the car in on tuesdy and was expecting it back the same day as i was told that it would be i also got the brake fluid chande done on the same day. was told at 4pm that the program may spike my car and will be resolved the next day if so.

i am now three days later and my car wont start the i drive wont fire up. the dash does not work now they have hired me a car and told me that it may take up to two to three days to sort they have been on the phone to bmw direct who are now running out of ideas why did i bother

hopefully they will sort this sooner rather than later
Old 04-26-2007, 10:58 AM
Contributors

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
My Ride: BMW E60 520d SE Saloon M47 2.0dTitanium Grey II, Grey−Dakota Leather, Visibility Package, Media Package, Through Load System, Lumbar support − fr seats, Automatic Air Conditioning−Advanced, High beam assistant, Hi−Fi Loudspeak
Model Year: 2006

Did you have Voice or anything else retrofitted. BMW had my car for 5 days trying to figure out what to do and finally admitted that the Voice Retrofit was not ready. They returned my car without Voice but everything else was fine. Apparently until today BMW have yet not received the Voice Retrofit software for CIP 25.
Old 04-26-2007, 11:10 AM
Members

Originally Posted by bruce_miranda' post='418248' date='Apr 26 2007, 07:58 PM
Did you have Voice or anything else retrofitted. BMW had my car for 5 days trying to figure out what to do and finally admitted that the Voice Retrofit was not ready. They returned my car without Voice but everything else was fine. Apparently until today BMW have yet not received the Voice Retrofit software for CIP 25.

nope no voice nothing retrofitted everything standard including media pack. they are baffelled and there enthusiaim is not really encouraging me if you no what i mean

version 24 was fantastic never a issue
Old 04-27-2007, 06:13 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 530d Sport Touring (E61). Silver Grey, Automatic, Professional SatNav, Black Leather, Heated Seats, Folding Mirrors, 6CD changer, Bi-Xenons, Bluetooth

Originally Posted by DON -V-' post='418251' date='Apr 26 2007, 02:10 PM
nope no voice nothing retrofitted everything standard including media pack. they are baffelled and there enthusiaim is not really encouraging me if you no what i mean

Let us know how you get on. I was planning on asking my deal to install the Progman 25 upgrade but now I think I might just wait a while to see what other glitches become apparent.
Old 04-27-2007, 07:46 AM
Contributors

My Ride: My ex-ride: EU '08 LCI 520dA. Space Grey, Sport Seats in Black Leather/Fabric Anthracite, Sport Steering Wheel, A/C with Extended Features, Hi-Fi Speakers, Cup Holders, Cruise with Braking function, Folding Rear Seats, Xenons, Park Distance Control.

Originally Posted by DON -V-' post='418251' date='Apr 26 2007, 10:10 PM

Could we learn something here?

Why change the CIP if everything is working great?
Old 04-27-2007, 11:58 AM
Members

Originally Posted by Ricracing' post='418616' date='Apr 27 2007, 04:46 PM
Could we learn something here?

Why change the CIP if everything is working great?

yeah i agree but the reason i was changing the cip was because i was told that the program allows symbian handsets to work threw the bluetooth i am a phone dealer and need to know what is compatible as i have alot of customers who have e60/61, 63/64s so really need to know what works and what doesnt all the nokia n seris and the e seris are symbian handsets

i should have just ignored this advice but alas i never so i am still stuck. spoke to them today and they are now talking to bmw direct still have no fix and no idea as to what is going on they have given me a nissan x-trail to drive about until they can find me a a bmw diesel i am not fussy but a 535d spoort would cheers me right up

hopefully the begining of the week will bring good news

fingers crossed
Old 04-27-2007, 02:15 PM
Members

My Ride: November 2005, E61 535d SE Sapphire Black, Black Dakota Leather Comfort Seats, Dark Poplar trim, Pro Navigation, Bluetooth Phone Prep, 6xCD Changer, High Gloss Shadowline, Xenons, folding mirrors, removable towbar, plus other options, Style 166 (M5) 19" alloys (ditched the runflats!)

Originally Posted by bruce_miranda' post='418248' date='Apr 26 2007, 07:58 PM
Have you booked your car in for the coding to make the Voice work?

My car was in at the dealer's last week for progman 25.xxx but they told me that the Voice would not work if they did the programming, so I opted to wait . The dealer said that the code was not available for the Voice activation to be enabled following the progman 25 update, and would not be available until late April / early May!

Doogie
Old 04-28-2007, 07:23 PM
DBU
Contributors

Originally Posted by DON -V-' post='418696' date='Apr 27 2007, 12:58 PM
yeah i agree but the reason i was changing the cip was because i was told that the program allows symbian handsets to work threw the bluetooth i am a phone dealer and need to know what is compatible as i have alot of customers who have e60/61, 63/64s so really need to know what works and what doesnt all the nokia n seris and the e seris are symbian handsets

i should have just ignored this advice but alas i never so i am still stuck. spoke to them today and they are now talking to bmw direct still have no fix and no idea as to what is going on they have given me a nissan x-trail to drive about until they can find me a a bmw diesel i am not fussy but a 535d spoort would cheers me right up

hopefully the begining of the week will bring good news

fingers crossed
Could you please elaborate on the connection between Progman 25 and Symbian. I have a Nokia E62 (USA Symbian based phone) and would love to get it to work with the Bluetooth on my E60. Thanks for your help and I hope your issue has been solved.
Old 04-29-2007, 12:31 AM
Members

Originally Posted by DBU' post='418989' date='Apr 29 2007, 04:23 AM
Could you please elaborate on the connection between Progman 25 and Symbian. I have a Nokia E62 (USA Symbian based phone) and would love to get it to work with the Bluetooth on my E60. Thanks for your help and I hope your issue has been solved.

problem still not solved not heard anything else yet and its doing my head in but theres nothing i can do but wait and driving this bloody nissan about is another story as for program 25 it apparantly works on all symbian handsets including all E seris and N seris including E65 and Nokia N95 i was sceptical about this also but it was actually the service manager that phoned me and told me this as he knows that i sell mobile phones and it would come in handy to know considering i supply them with there handsets.

last time i listen to him

anyway will update whgen i finally know what is going on
Old 04-29-2007, 03:34 AM
Contributors

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
My Ride: BMW E60 520d SE Saloon M47 2.0dTitanium Grey II, Grey−Dakota Leather, Visibility Package, Media Package, Through Load System, Lumbar support − fr seats, Automatic Air Conditioning−Advanced, High beam assistant, Hi−Fi Loudspeak
Model Year: 2006

Originally Posted by doogie' post='418719' date='Apr 27 2007, 11:15 PM
Have you booked your car in for the coding to make the Voice work?

My car was in at the dealer's last week for progman 25.xxx but they told me that the Voice would not work if they did the programming, so I opted to wait . The dealer said that the code was not available for the Voice activation to be enabled following the progman 25 update, and would not be available until late April / early May!

Doogie
CIP 25 is not yet ready for a Voice Retrofit.

Quick Reply: warning program 25