E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

Warning Message in Dash/IDrive

Search this Thread

Old 03-12-2011, 11:03 PM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hello to all.

1st post here, but long time viewer... Trying to figure out a problem for a family member. Any help would be greatly appriciated.

According to the driver at the time, a "warning message" popped up on the dash after a stint of "spirited driving" that looked like a car from the rear view with an arrow below it pointing both ways (to the left and right of the car; ie: <-----> ) and an exclaimation point above it. The message was in RED and he neglected to look at the IDrive screen to read the message. Does anyone know what this message indicates?

Thanks in advance for any help!

Dan
Old 03-12-2011, 11:25 PM
Contributors

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
My Ride: Bmw 530d 2004

The explanation should be seen through iDrive --> Service --> Faults.
Old 03-13-2011, 01:10 AM
Members

I tried this, but its not showing up in that area either...
Old 03-13-2011, 07:27 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2007 530xi: Sport, NAV, PDC, HUD, Cold Wthr, CA, Logic 7, HD Radio, SAT, Custom NCS coded options 2008 535xi: Sport, Night Vision, NAV, PDC, HUD, Cold Wthr, CA, Logic 7, SAT, Custom NCS coded options, Rear Seat Heat Retrofit, Passport 9500ci
Model Year: 2008
Engine: N54

sounds like the image of a car on a service lift ??

None of it means anything if you can't read the check control message in the info section in the idrive.
Old 03-13-2011, 08:47 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by CosmosKrammer
Hello to all.
1st post here, but long time viewer... Trying to figure out a problem for a family member. Any help would be greatly appriciated.
According to the driver at the time, a "warning message" popped up on the dash after a stint of "spirited driving" that looked like a car from the rear view with an arrow below it pointing both ways (to the left and right of the car; ie: <-----> ) and an exclaimation point above it. The message was in RED and he neglected to look at the IDrive screen to read the message. Does anyone know what this message indicates?
Thanks in advance for any help!
Dan
Dan, do you suppose your owner's manual might have the information you are looking for? I know you are a new poster but if you weren't provided with an owner's manual or have misplaced it download a copy for your car from the information section of this forum. That makes it really really really easy to search (it's a pdf) .. I suggest you start with this section:
Attached Thumbnails Warning Message in Dash/IDrive-chk-control.jpg  
Old 03-13-2011, 12:27 PM
Members

Prior to posting here, I searched the owners manual, searched this forum (as well as many others), and searched the web via Google/Bing/Yahoo for any information relivant to the message that was displayed with no luck. I'm not very concerned considering there is no remaining fault code in the IDrive system. It was just more of a general inquiry to figure out what the message was indicating.

I understand the implications of posting before doing personal research/due diligence. The "search function" on most forums is indeed a beauiful thing. Nearly any question I have ever had was solved by the good old search function and/or common sense (aka the owners manual).

To be fair, I shouldve indicated that I performed the above initial search efforts. That would've been very benifitial to other forum members trying to aid my curiosity. My apologies on that.

Just don't want the stigma of being a newbie or lazy poster-- Two things I'm certainly not.
Old 03-13-2011, 12:31 PM
Members

Note profile says "Newbie" !!!! HAHA!

And once again, thanks to all for the help! Very much appriciated!
Old 03-13-2011, 12:37 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2007 530xi: Sport, NAV, PDC, HUD, Cold Wthr, CA, Logic 7, HD Radio, SAT, Custom NCS coded options 2008 535xi: Sport, Night Vision, NAV, PDC, HUD, Cold Wthr, CA, Logic 7, SAT, Custom NCS coded options, Rear Seat Heat Retrofit, Passport 9500ci

Note profile says "Newbie" !!!! HAHA!

And once again, thanks to all for the help! Very much appriciated!

Not sure how many other Bimmer forums you look at... I follow several and this really is one of the best group of forum members around.
The level respect and all around friendliness here is almost unmatched.

Welcome!
Old 03-13-2011, 12:43 PM
Members

Originally Posted by NoQuarter
Not sure how many other Bimmer forums you look at... I follow several and this really is one of the best group of forum members around.
The level respect and all around friendliness here is almost unmatched.

Welcome!

Thank you! Everyone seems great thus far! Very happy to be be a part!
Old 03-13-2011, 12:46 PM
Senior Members

Thank you! Everyone seems great thus far! Very happy to be be a part!

Now with that having been said...

we can start poking some fun at the new guys....

https://5series.net/forums/topic/111...orse-to-water/

Quick Reply: Warning Message in Dash/IDrive