E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

Warning brake lights on?

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-2006, 12:00 PM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Fweiss' post='274277' date='Apr 26 2006, 08:51 AM
WELL , MY CAR HAS BEEN AT THE DEALER SINCE YESTERDAY....SINCE THEN THEY HAVE REPLACED THE STEERING POSITION SENSOR & UPGRADED THE SOFTWARE WHICH TOOK OVER SIX HOURS TO DO .....PROBLEM WAS STILL NOT FIXED . THE SERVICE MANAGER NOW THINKS IT NEEDS A NEW MODULE WHICH THEY COULD NOT ORDER UNTIL I SENT THEM A COPY OF MY DRIVERS LICENSE , WHICH I DID IMMEDIATLY. SO IN THE MEAN TIME I HAVE BEEN IN A LOANER AND PATIENTLY AWAITING A CALL FROM THE DEALERSHIP.......I WILL KEEP YOU POSTED
WELL, THE CAR IS STILL AT THE DEALER, DAY NUMBER TWO.......MY SERVICE ADVISOR TOLD ME THEY RECIEVED THE NEW "C.A.S. MODULE" ( CAR ACCESS SYSTEM MODULE) ALSO KNOWN AS A CONTROL UNIT, WHICH WAS BEING INSTALLED, AND THEN MUST BE REPROGRAMED .....HOPEFULLY IT WILL BE READY TOMORROW ....SO FAR THEY REPLACED THE STEERING POSITION SENSOR AND C.A.S. MODULE AND ARE IN THE MIDDLE OF REPROGRAMING IT ..... I WILL KEEP YOU POSTED
Old 04-26-2006, 03:47 PM
Contributors

My Ride: Future owner of a 535 M Sport on order

Hmm seems like a big issue huh, my car is going in the dealer thursday morning so I'm wondering if they will say the samething. I was wondering what car loaner did you get? I am hoping to get a Z4 or 7 series hahahaah. Thanks Fweiss for the info, I'll let you know tomorrow when I come back.
Old 04-27-2006, 04:18 PM
Contributors

Just came back from the dealer and the ywill have the part in a week, in the mean while it is safe for me to drive my car until then. They knew exactly what the problem was when I brought it in.
Old 04-28-2006, 12:56 AM
Members

My Ride: 525i SE Black Saphire, Black Dakota Leather, 116 type alloys

Can you believe it? I had the "DRIVE CONTROL SYSTEM.....DRIVE MODERATELY" message come on this morning together with the orange triangle on the dash display. I tried switching the engine off and back on when I got to the office to see if it would clear itself but no joy. I'll have to wait now until lunchtime to go and see if it's still there after the car has been to "sleep" for a while.

Out of interest, I know that orange triangle comes on when you manually deactivate the DSC into "limited" mode, so I tried holding the button in to see if I could get it to go into full deactivation and then reactivate it, but no joy there either.

Strangely enough the "Battery Low" warning then came on as I switched off the ignition, which I find odd seeing as the car has done a number of long journeys (100 miles plus) in the last week.

Will let you know what happens.
Old 04-28-2006, 04:45 AM
Members

Originally Posted by LA' post='274985' date='Apr 27 2006, 08:18 PM
Just came back from the dealer and the ywill have the part in a week, in the mean while it is safe for me to drive my car until then. They knew exactly what the problem was when I brought it in.
'LA'sE60
Well, it's now friday and my car is still at the dealer with the dash completely apart. The service manager said I should have it back today after they finish the programing and put the dash bach together . The part they ordered for your car was probably the "steering position sensor "which they originally said was causing my car's problem . I hope your's is a quick fix..........The service manager has been great with me and not giving me the run around at all. I will keep you posted and let you know how I make out

FWeiss
FWeiss@netzero.com
Old 04-28-2006, 07:32 AM
Members

My Ride: 525i SE Black Saphire, Black Dakota Leather, 116 type alloys

Originally Posted by Kev525' post='275136' date='Apr 28 2006, 09:56 AM
Can you believe it? I had the "DRIVE CONTROL SYSTEM.....DRIVE MODERATELY" message come on this morning together with the orange triangle on the dash display. I tried switching the engine off and back on when I got to the office to see if it would clear itself but no joy. I'll have to wait now until lunchtime to go and see if it's still there after the car has been to "sleep" for a while.

Out of interest, I know that orange triangle comes on when you manually deactivate the DSC into "limited" mode, so I tried holding the button in to see if I could get it to go into full deactivation and then reactivate it, but no joy there either.

Strangely enough the "Battery Low" warning then came on as I switched off the ignition, which I find odd seeing as the car has done a number of long journeys (100 miles plus) in the last week.

Will let you know what happens.

Update - just started the car to come home at the end of the day and the fault(s) have gone completely. The little "sleep" through the daytime must have made her feel better.
Old 04-28-2006, 09:44 AM
Members

[quote name='Kev525' date='Apr 28 2006, 11:32 AM' post='275240']
Update - just started the car to come home at the end of the day and the fault(s) have gone completely. The little "sleep" through the daytime must have made her feel better.
[/

O.K.......... TODAY'S UPDATE !!!!
I WEN'T TO THE DEALER TO PICK UP THE CAR BECAUSE THE SERVICE MANAGER TOLD ME IT WOULD BE READY LATE THIS MORNING . UNFORTUNATELY HE DID NOT HAVE ANY GOOD NEWS FOR ME WHEN I GOT THERE. HE TOLD ME THE SOFTWARE WAS NOT ABLE TO BE PROGRAMED INTO THE VEHICLE , SO NOW HE HAS ORDERED MY CAR A NEW MODULE WHICH HE HOPES WILL FINALLY FIX MY CAR??? . SO AT THIS POINT I WON'T HAVE MY CAR BACK UNTIL NEXT WEEK, I HOPE ???............AT LEAST MY CAR WILL BE INSIDE BECAUSE THE DASH IS COMPLETELY TAKEN APART AND THE CAR IS NOT DRIVEABLE THE WAY IT IS .....
OH! AND BY THE WAY I HAVE BEEN DRIVING A 2007 BMW 330I........A VERY NICE CAR , BUT NOT AS REFINED AS THE " 5 " IS
ONCE AGAIN!!!!.................I WILL KEEP YOU POSTED
FWEISS
FWEISS@NETZERO.COM
Old 04-28-2006, 10:46 PM
Contributors

Hey Fweiss,
My service advisor told me its the module they gotta order and update the cars system, I also heard it was the traction control problem so I'll just wait until I bring my car in next week.
Old 08-01-2006, 04:55 PM
Members

Smile

Originally Posted by EBMCS03' post='273089' date='Apr 23 2006, 01:21 PM
Check the brake fluid... low maybe? But one would think the iDrive will tell you something...

Happened to me twice today. I wonder if I'm the first '07 to have this happen. Simply turned the car off all the way and then restarted.... no problems. 3500 miles. I'm taking her in. Also going to have them take a look at the excessive clicking and clanking at idle speeds and when turned off.

Same exact message.

PC
Old 08-01-2006, 11:38 PM
Members

My Ride: On order: 07 550i, Jet black, black interior, steptronic, sports package, logic 7 sound minus CD changer, rear door mounted airbags, HUD, navigation and comfort access

I had the same thing happen to. It's a faulty module, the SZL module I believe. This affected vehicles produced between March and April of this year. BMW is well aware of the problem. Luckily the dealer had the part in stock and I got my car back the next day. It's been discussed on several thread already.

Quick Reply: Warning brake lights on?