E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

A very thankful thanksgiving day.

Search this Thread

Old 11-25-2006, 06:55 PM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: MY05 545i Jet Black with Auburn interior. SMG, Logic7, Sport Package, Comfort Seats, Navigation.

:'( My front bumper has been hit this thanksgiving day by a friend.

This friend of mine is un-employed and just came to the United States. He has left his kids and wife overseas, awaiting him to settle things down and bring them here.

I felt for his situation and so I invited him for our thanksgiving dinner. But my good intentions soon turned into a disaster.

After dinner, on his way out of my driveway, he backed into my front bumper, scraping the driver side bumper and punching the PDC sensor inward. Now, if I shift into reverse, the constant beep will come on, thus rendering the PDC useless.

He was very apologetic and offered to pay whatever the damage he has caused. I felt really bad that my car was hit, but I felt even worse having to get money from him. So I mustered up a smile and waived him from all responsibilities. However, he respectfully declined as his pride did not accept charity.

I respect his conviction and so I am looking for the least expensive way to fix my car. I even thought about asking the body shop to unorthodoxically give me a fake (low) estimate, but he has worked in a body shop before, so I did not want to risk offending his intelligence, and pride.

So, what should I do? Is there any other way to fix my car cheaply for him?
I have thought in buying the front bumper from fellow member close to Los Angeles, who have upgraded to the M-kit and have a jet black (with PDC holes) bumper laying around. I can replace it myself to save money. Or should I just have the damage fixed by a body shop which is a much more convinient way for me, but it will cost more for him.

What would you do if you were in my situation? :'(

I will post the picture of my damage tomorrow. It appears that the PDC sensor is still intact.
Old 11-25-2006, 07:32 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 10 Melbourne Red X6M

I have a jet black bumper with PDC just laying around. I just have to find it first...hehe. I've got it lying around in my warehouse in torrance so if you're interested, you could just come pick it up. Thing is that I'm in Taiwan untl December 5th. PM me with an offer and we can arrange something.

David
Old 11-25-2006, 11:24 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2007 E63 M6: Silverstone Metallic... Fully loaded2005 DINAN5 (545i): Jet Black... Fully loaded1955 Chevy: Custom

Hi,

I have a Jet Black front bumper w/PDC from my 545i, the bumper is in NorCal (San Jose, CA). If you can come and pick it up, it's yours... for free.

Best regards,

Van
Old 11-25-2006, 11:53 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 545iSMGSilver GrayAuburn Dakota LeatherLogic 7 Premium SoundSports Package

Humm sounds like you've got some replies already thats good. I was going to suggest asking Hollywoodtrash and PIMPINJASON I believe both of them have Jet black cars with M-techs and they're both around here.

Let me know if you still want me to ask them since it sounds like you got two awesome offers already.
Old 11-26-2006, 11:06 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: MY05 545i Jet Black with Auburn interior. SMG, Logic7, Sport Package, Comfort Seats, Navigation.

Originally Posted by freed0m' post='360663' date='Nov 26 2006, 03:24 AM
Hi,

I have a Jet Black front bumper w/PDC from my 545i, the bumper is in NorCal (San Jose, CA). If you can come and pick it up, it's yours... for free.

Best regards,

Van
Van,

You're most generous. I appreciate your offer. It would be difficult for me to pick it up personally in Northern Cal, but let me figure it out. Thanks.
Old 11-26-2006, 03:40 PM
Senior Members

Here is the damage
Attached Thumbnails A very thankful thanksgiving day.-cimg1781.jpg   A very thankful thanksgiving day.-cimg1780.jpg  
Old 11-27-2006, 06:28 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: E60 2006 525d Steptronic, Carbon Black, M Sport-Package, Style 135M Rims, Beige Interior, Dark Poplar Wood Trim, Comfort Seats, Professional Navigation with BMW Online and BMW Assist, HUD, Logic7, TV, Bluetooth, Speech Control, Active Steering, Adaptive Bi-Xenon, 6-Disc Changer, Heated Seats (front and back), Extended Climate, PDC, Sunroof, Auto-Dim. Int + Folding Exterior Mirrors, Electric Rear- and Side Blinds, Foldable rear seats, Electric Adjustable Steering Wheel

That sucks

Hope it will be alright soon
Old 11-28-2006, 09:22 AM
Senior Members

The funny thing is that my friends 87 nissan pick up is intact. His steel chrome bumper appears to be undamaged. A quick buff was all it took to get it shinny. I guess older tech was made to last.
Old 11-28-2006, 10:19 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2007 E63 AMG | Obsidian Black | Schwarzes Nappa | Black BirdEye Maple | Premium II Package | Electronic Trunk Closer | Parktronic Engine: RPi/Powerchips custom ECU tune, RPi Ram Air Kit (BMC filter, scoops), RennTech Sport exhaust, secondary cats, charcoal and resonator delete, custom AAA x-pipe Exterior: 50% side windows / 35% rear window Formula One Pinnacle Series | Flat AMG hood emblem Suspension: Renntech Lowering Module Wheels/Tires: Radenergie R10, Falken FK452 245/30/20, Yokohama ADVAN Sport 285/25/20 ----------------------------------------- 2005 545i Sport SMG | Ti Grau | Schwarzes Dakota | Anthracite Maple | Logic 7 | Nav Engine: Custom AFE CAI, Superchips ECU remap, Sprint Booster, RDSport Dual Exhaust Conversion with Quad Pipes and X-pipe, 3 resonators deleted, 90mm tips! Exterior: M-Tech Aero kit | M5 Mirrors | M5 Rear Bumper | Trunk Lid Finisher | Vorsteiner decklid spoiler | 50% Formula One Pinnacle Tint Suspension and Brakes: Bilstein PSS9 coilovers, JBT BBK: 16" cross-drilled rotors, 8 piston and 15" cross-drilled rotors, 4 piston Wheels: VIP Modular VR 02 20x9F, 20x10R | Toyo T1R 245/30/20F, 285/25/20R Lights: PIAA 4150K Xtreme White Plus fog lights, AIB v3 MOST IMPORTANT: Hardwired V1; =) ED Date: 4/7/05, Re-delivery date: 5/21/05

Originally Posted by freed0m' post='360663' date='Nov 26 2006, 12:24 AM
Hi,

Best regards,

Van
freed0m,
You're really in the holiday spirit. Awesome how you helped out a fellow e60.net!

Hmmm.... I have a request. How's about donating some M5 mirrors to the vegastrashed charity?
Old 11-28-2006, 12:08 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2007 E63 M6: Silverstone Metallic... Fully loaded2005 DINAN5 (545i): Jet Black... Fully loaded1955 Chevy: Custom

Hehe, you know if i have an extra M5 mirrors it would be yours

Originally Posted by vegastrashed' post='361530' date='Nov 28 2006, 11:19 AM
freed0m,
You're really in the holiday spirit. Awesome how you helped out a fellow e60.net!

Hmmm.... I have a request. How's about donating some M5 mirrors to the vegastrashed charity?

Quick Reply: A very thankful thanksgiving day.