E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

Very frustrated, taking it to the streets

Search this Thread

Old 11-14-2007, 09:44 AM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2004 545 - Black/Black, Sport Package, Premium Sound, Cold Weather, Navigation.

I don?t want to take up too much time with a long winded post, so here is bullet point version;

Car Description: 2008 550i, white/beige/poplar, sport, sport automatic trany, cold weather, comfort access, NAV, HUD, split folding rear seats, rear sunshade, sirius radio, logic7, IPOD
  • took delivery 8/10/2007
  • 10/23/07 took the car in to the dealer because I could not shift into reverse
  • The car has about 800 miles on it
  • 10/24/07 dealer tells me that the parts are on back order, but should receive the parts in 5-7 days
  • I call on 11/01/07, the dealer tells me that he is expecting the parts by the end of the week
  • I call on 11/07/07 and leave a number of messages with no phone calls back.
  • I call BMW NA on 11/08/07 and a rep tells me she will get to the bottom of it and call me back
  • I call BMW NA on 11/13/07 and ask what the next step is and that I would like to discuss a buyback. The rep replies that the buyback option is?not available? to me. When I pressed her for the reason, she could not give me a straight answer. I pressed her further, invoking the NY lemon law, and she told me that she will give me a call back with an update. Still no call back.
  • I had my attorney put BMW on notice today.
This is my 4th BMW in the last 12 years and my 3rd consecutive new BMW. I have been a loyal customer of BMW from the time I was able to afford their products. Am I asking for too much in asking BMW to handle this problem in a more efficient manner? My car has now been off the road for more then three weeks and BMW NA will not even discuss a buyback option. I had a world of problems with my 2004 545i and they were all fixed extremely promptly. Has this company become too big for its loyal customers? It seems like they want to grab market share at the expanse of their loyal customers.

I realize that this post has become long and winded but as you can probably tell, I?m extremely frustrated. I really don?t want to invoke lawyers, but it seems BMW is content on me paying my lease and my insurance and not being able to drive the car.

All suggestions are very welcome.

Thanks in advance for all that will listen and respond.
Old 11-14-2007, 10:05 AM
Contributors

Greg - feel free to make your posts as long as you feel necessary. Nobody is forced to read them, but you find that people often will. We had some problems with our new X5 and I understand the frustrations of having a brand new luxury high end vehicle off the road for ANY amount of time through nobodys fault other than the manufacturer.

Personally I think you have been unbelievably patient. By day #2 I would have been at the dealer, demanding that they take parts out of a show room car or finding a suitable donor vehicle anywhere in the country and having them couriered - or getting them couriered from Germany on same day / next day delivery. I would have been phoning every few hours - not leaving it 5 or 6 days. I would have been taking names of people I spoke to and demanding they call me back within the hour, then calling them at 61 minutes if they didn't call back, telling them i would be reporting them to their superior. You need to give them sh!t if you are being treated like that.

Quite honestly, you should not have to accept that kind of treatment. If I had been treated like that, I would have the car delivered to the dealer and demanding a refund, kicking up a fuss infront of any potential BMW buyers and telling them all about the problems. I'd then be ordering a Merc/Lexus/Audi/any non BMW car. I don't know what else to say - this is truly appalling.
Old 11-14-2007, 10:18 AM
Contributors

My Ride: E90 M3
Model Year: 2011

Isn't he having the same issue that Rudy and others have reported. Will have to search as I can't recall if ti has officially reached recall status yet but clearly BMW is having an issue and the parts are on back order.

Having said that, the way your dealer has handled this awful. While it's not their fault for a BMW back order, they should be backing you, the customer. Full communication of the issue and why the part is on back order. They should even offer to pay for at least one month's note for you. And I sure hope they have you in a 5 series or even a 7 series loaner. As for the lawyer, he will have to tell you what the lemon laws are in NY. You may or may not have a case at this point. If the proper time as not passed (say it has to be 30 days) for invoking the lemon law, at least get him to push on the payment issue. If you don't have a monthly note, then some other form of compensation of comparable value... Good luck!
Old 11-14-2007, 10:30 AM
Members

My Ride: 2004 545 - Black/Black, Sport Package, Premium Sound, Cold Weather, Navigation.

Originally Posted by kscarrol' post='494266' date='Nov 14 2007, 02:18 PM
Isn't he having the same issue that Rudy and others have reported. Will have to search as I can't recall if ti has officially reached recall status yet but clearly BMW is having an issue and the parts are on back order.

Having said that, the way your dealer has handled this awful. While it's not their fault for a BMW back order, they should be backing you, the customer. Full communication of the issue and why the part is on back order. They should even offer to pay for at least one month's note for you. And I sure hope they have you in a 5 series or even a 7 series loaner. As for the lawyer, he will have to tell you what the lemon laws are in NY. You may or may not have a case at this point. If the proper time as not passed (say it has to be 30 days) for invoking the lemon law, at least get him to push on the payment issue. If you don't have a monthly note, then some other form of compensation of comparable value... Good luck!
I purchsed the car in NJ and took it into the local Brooklyn NY dealer. They did not have a loaner for me, so they rented an an Altima for me to drive. I did read the other posts with the same problems. I only know of one that has been resolved via a buyback. Thanks everyone for your support.
Old 11-14-2007, 10:42 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2010 M5 alpine white, black full leather, etc.

Why have you not taken the vehicle back to the NJ dealer you purchased it from? You definitely need them to be your advocate with BMWNA in this case. Obviously you have a serious issue to be resolved here and you should be made to feel completely satisfied with your VERY expensive purchase. It just seems to me that handling the situation through the original of point sale dealer could have made things progress more smoothly. I am sure if the vehicle needs to be towed there that can easily be arranged.
Old 11-14-2007, 10:51 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2011, X6 Hybrid . Alpine White , every option. 20" Conti' NON runflats,OEM trunk spoiler , LUX V3 AE's , HP Thunder Fogs , custom front bumper reflector delete........

Nothing wrong with bitching here ! We're on the same team.....
Old 11-14-2007, 10:56 AM
Members

Originally Posted by 1600' post='494274' date='Nov 14 2007, 02:42 PM
Why have you not taken the vehicle back to the NJ dealer you purchased it from? You definitely need them to be your advocate with BMWNA in this case. Obviously you have a serious issue to be resolved here and you should be made to feel completely satisfied with your VERY expensive purchase. It just seems to me that handling the situation through the original of point sale dealer could have made things progress more smoothly. I am sure if the vehicle needs to be towed there that can easily be arranged.
1600, I was 1000% satisfied with the NJ dealer that sold me the car. I goofed, I should have known better.
Old 11-14-2007, 10:57 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: E90 330i + E60 550i

good luck with this. in the end its better to lemon it, get your money back and move on to something you can enjoy. I really cant stand some BMW dealers as well, some just seem to be TRYING to receive 0's on their review scores.
Old 11-14-2007, 11:33 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2010 M5 alpine white, black full leather, etc.

It doesn't matter if you goofed, Greg. Take care of that oversight immediately. You can certainly still use them to help you. Just get the vehicle back there, so they can look it over and work for you. It may be a pain the backside, but it will be worth it in the long run.
Old 11-14-2007, 11:55 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: E90 330i + E60 550i

hes already got BMWNA involved, and they havent helped, they are part of the problem. I personally couldnt stand that much BS. If you really want the car, find out how long it will take, and get it fixed. usually manufactures quickly lemon off the car when attorneys get involved.

Quick Reply: Very frustrated, taking it to the streets