E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

Version 15.1

Search this Thread

Old 12-28-2004, 12:26 AM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I dropped of my car for them to get the RDS and TMC working while we took a little trip to London last week. When I picked the car up Christmas eve. I noticed the start up time for the I-drive was slower. Then I noticed radio stations under preset were not there and the doors did not lock when I started to drive away. On Monday (yesterday) I went back out to the the dealership to ask some questions. They told me the updated the software to Ver. 15.1 to solve the jump and hesitate when starting from a stop light. So far no TMC (they said that was a cost item for us Americans(in other words I would have to pay for it) and RDS would work if the car was back in the States. I told them that Buletooth doesn't work now. He told me my phone was no longer compatible. The normal Service Rep was not there soI will wait until next week when folks come back from their vacations to discuss this with him. So far nothing out of the ordinary with the new update. Stearing is the same as is the bad jump and hesitation on start-up.
Old 12-28-2004, 01:03 AM
Senior Members

not sure about the other issues but the doors did not lock after you drove away. i think you have to go back to idrive and select that feature again since the update will erase your previous settings.
Old 12-28-2004, 04:46 AM
Contributors

My Ride: BMW 545iA Black Sapphire
Model Year: 2005
Engine: 545i

regarding bluetooth...which phone is not supposed to be compatible anymore?
Old 12-28-2004, 02:39 PM
Super Moderator

My Ride: F02 LCI Individual
Model Year: 2013

Originally Posted by alohalc' date='Dec 28 2004, 11:03 AM
not sure about the other issues but the doors did not lock after you drove away.? i think you have to go back to idrive and select that feature again since the update will erase your previous settings.
[snapback]73026[/snapback]
That's correct!
And if your idrive screen still shows it active, uncheck it and then set it again!
Old 12-28-2004, 03:38 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by andy545' date='Dec 28 2004, 08:46 AM
regarding bluetooth...which phone is not supposed to be compatible anymore?
[snapback]73055[/snapback]
Please make your posts in the correct forum on Bluetooth compatability, but to answer your question, this link is kept pretty current:

http://www.x5world.net/bluetooth_compatible_phones.htm
Old 12-29-2004, 01:41 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by wnrussell' date='Dec 29 2004, 01:38 AM
[quote name='andy545' date='Dec 28 2004, 08:46 AM']regarding bluetooth...which phone is not supposed to be compatible anymore?
[snapback]73055[/snapback]
Please make your posts in the correct forum on Bluetooth compatability, but to answer your question, this link is kept pretty current:

http://www.x5world.net/bluetooth_compatible_phones.htm
[snapback]73202[/snapback]
[/quote]
Gosh, and I thought the Polizei were strict!

I was reporting on what happend after the update.

Thanks Iceman and alohalc, I did replace my presets interesting the stuff in the nav (addresses and last places entered) were still there. I asked when I dropped of the car if they had to update the software to wait until V15.2 came out. Some thing was lost in translation. By the way Iceman, a couple of the SA's and a salesman say they know you. Sorry I did not get to meet you at the Belgium get together.

Andy545, Moto 710 (from the very beginning when I picked up my car in Nov.) it worked before (to a degree, slow transfer of addressbook) a friend at work has a 5er as well my phone will still pair there but that car is still on Version 14.
I am beginning to think the break up of the partnership at my dealer is causing some distractions for those folks.

Have a great Holiday season guys!
Old 12-29-2004, 02:20 AM
Senior Members

iceman is not only famous in here, huh ?
Old 12-29-2004, 02:29 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by alohalc' date='Dec 29 2004, 12:20 PM
iceman is not only famous in here, huh ?
[snapback]73329[/snapback]
After his trip to see you do some diving and driving he is now famous there as well. At least he did not become famous with the local Polizei!

Getting back to my original post. I asked the dealer to save my presets if they "had" change the software. I had a couple of radio stations set for Belgium that my aging mind will not remember now. Oh well, when do we meet again? This Holiday season has been to serious, I need some more laughs Fred was tooooooo much!!!!!!!
Old 12-29-2004, 10:40 AM
Senior Members

everybody was looking at his rings .
Old 12-29-2004, 10:11 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by gomac' date='Dec 29 2004, 12:29 PM
Oh well, when do we meet again? ? This Holiday season has been to serious, I need some more laughs Fred was tooooooo much!!!!!!! ? ?
[snapback]73331[/snapback]
If you can make the drive we are meeting on Jan 15 at Enfield, UK.
However we do need to so do a closer one so we can all easily meet again. I would like to do it someplace were maybe BMW can support and maybe even get a little info out to people on it.
I have a pretty good feeling we sold some E60's for BMW at the last Belgium meet.

Quick Reply: Version 15.1