E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

Ventilated Seats AND Heated Steering Wheel?

Search this Thread

Old 06-02-2005, 05:39 AM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by NES' date='Jun 1 2005, 11:11 AM
[quote name='Nine' date='Jun 1 2005, 12:57 PM']I went round and round with the dealer with that and counld not get both. You cannot get the cold weather package with the ventelated seats....so you cannot get the heated steering wheel and the headlight washers...The ventelated seats come heated.....I bought a 2006 530I with the cold weather package and no vented seats. I live in the US area.
[snapback]135124[/snapback]
I ordered my 530xi with the cold weather and ventilated seats. Its currently en route for delivery next week. Order detail also shows up in BMW OC that both options were indeed there and I also confirmed all options with my dealer. Dont see why it wouldnt be offered. It wasnt even questionable when I placed my order.
[snapback]135147[/snapback]
[/quote]

At the time I ordered the car, You could not get the ventilated seats and cold weather package. I also had many rounds of discussions with BMWNA. I don't think that you will get it, but if you do, congrats, and I am even more pissed that I could not get it.

I am wondering if it has something to do with the X models versus the I models?
Old 06-02-2005, 06:55 AM
Members

My Ride: 2006 525Xi, premium package, premium sound, steptronic, bi-xenon adaptive lights, PDC, rear sun shade, rear heating, cold weather package.

When I ordered my 525Xi, the option does not exist, (at least according the ordering system) I actually went into the system with my SA, and we could not locate the code for ventilated seat as an option for 06 Xi .

BMWNA might have changed their policy? NES ordered his car back in March, and I ordered mine May 4.
Old 06-02-2005, 07:25 AM
NES
Members

Hopefully thats not the case, but again, when I placed my order end of March my dealer put the order in directly at that moment. He just didnt have any allocation available hence my delay. After the order he printed out the sheet and all the options were indeed on that sheet. Even my own purchase agreement shows it after I gave the deposit. When we were inputting the order, he asked me if I wanted ventilated seats while he was going down the list. I didnt even know they existed at the time to be honest. When I said "yes", he tried putting the order in but then told me in order to have the ventilated I needed comfort seats and nappa perforated leather otherwise the system would not let it go through. Although the front seats are expensive (comfort, nappa, ventilated) I wanted them and the order was put through. On the last day where I was able to make changes before it went into schedule for production my dealer called me and asked if I wanted to make any additions/reductions of options. I told him as we ordered and he repeated all options for me. Lets hope Im right, but if not I wouldnt be that upset given the amount of money the seats cost overall. Give me a few days and I will update you guys! Take care!
Old 06-02-2005, 09:13 AM
Members

My Ride: 2006 525Xi, premium package, premium sound, steptronic, bi-xenon adaptive lights, PDC, rear sun shade, rear heating, cold weather package.

Seems like we are having the same delivery dates.
Haha,. mine is waiting for ship.

Please keep us updated about the seat, I was kind surprised that they don't
have it listed anywhere on their website at all.
Old 06-02-2005, 11:34 AM
NES
Members

Originally Posted by phototalk123' date='Jun 2 2005, 01:13 PM
Seems like we are having the same delivery dates.
Haha,. mine is waiting for ship.?

Please keep us updated about the seat, I was kind surprised that they don't
have it listed anywhere on their website at all.
[snapback]135504[/snapback]
Actually mine is already on a ship (ships name: JINGU MARU) and is scheduled to dock in Bayonne, NJ this Saturday (June, 4th, 2005). My dealer called me on Wednesday and told me I will have her "within a week".

In reply to why the options arnt listed on the website: ventilated seats, are "priority 1" options. They dont show up on the websites for any model BMW, nor as an available option. However, you can find those through your dealership.
Old 06-04-2005, 06:51 AM
NES
Members

Hey guys! Just spoke with my dealer and again he confirmed options are indeed there.

As a precaution for myself here: If my car does not have either or (ventilated or coldweather) am I still liable to purchase the car?

On my purchase agreement (the only document I signed) it states all the options including CWP & Ventilated. Can I cancel the order and then they will be stuck with the car or will I be stuck with it regardless if ordered correctly?

I only gave a $1k deposit. As a matter of principle if that is the case I wouldnt mind losing the 1k because they would have fooled me, but I just want to know if you place an order for the car and they list all the options on your purchase agreement, and the car is not what you ordered, does it still leave you liable to buy that particular car?

Any experiences or information will help. Thanks!
Old 06-04-2005, 07:59 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: '06 530i -6speed - Comfort Seats - Premium Package - Premium Sound Package - Cold Weather Package - Ventilated Seats - Xenon -HUD - PDC - Nav

Originally Posted by NES' date='Jun 2 2005, 03:34 PM
In reply to why the options arnt listed on the website:? ventilated seats, are "priority 1" options.? They dont show up on the websites for any model BMW, nor as an available option.? However, you can find those through your dealership.
[snapback]135543[/snapback]
i called my sales guy, and he said they were not available.
i will try to call the general sales manager & ask him about this.... would be very useful in South Florida ... (HOT!)
Old 06-04-2005, 02:39 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by wiszmaster' date='Jun 4 2005, 08:59 AM
[quote name='NES' date='Jun 2 2005, 03:34 PM']In reply to why the options arnt listed on the website:? ventilated seats, are "priority 1" options.? They dont show up on the websites for any model BMW, nor as an available option.? However, you can find those through your dealership.
[snapback]135543[/snapback]
i called my sales guy, and he said they were not available.
i will try to call the general sales manager & ask him about this.... would be very useful in South Florida ... (HOT!)
[snapback]136143[/snapback]
[/quote]

As NES stated, they are a Priority 1 option, that you can order. I have it on my car. But I noticed that you have the CWP in your Signature, so, that is what this thread is triing to determine. Whether or not you can get the ventilated seats with the CWP. So far, in the US, sounds like NES is the only one to possibly have it.
Old 06-04-2005, 03:09 PM
NES
Members

Originally Posted by CRRobert' date='Jun 4 2005, 06:39 PM
Whether or not you can get the ventilated seats with the CWP.? So far, in the US, sounds like NES is the only one to possibly have it.
[snapback]136215[/snapback]
That would be great for resale value if I were the only one, but I still dont have the car yet so Im not sure myself. My question is this though guys...If my order sheet states those options and the car is not delivered with them, and they never told me otherwise, am I liable to purchase that car from them?
Old 06-04-2005, 05:03 PM
Senior Members

i really don't think you are liable to anything, nes. and i believe you can get your $1k deposit back since most of the dealers have refundable deposit policy. it's just like when you ordered a burger but they gave you fries. will you take it? well, unless they are going to give you a good discount. otherwise, stay firm .

Quick Reply: Ventilated Seats AND Heated Steering Wheel?