E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

Ventilated Seats AND Heated Steering Wheel?

Search this Thread

Old 06-01-2005, 08:14 AM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

After reading the board for a while it seems as though if the e60 has ventilated seats it cannot have a heated steering wheel. Is this correct or have I misunderstood what I have seen?

I will be ordering a 530xi soon and I would like to be able to get both.
Old 06-01-2005, 08:52 AM
Members

I have ventilated seats, heated seats and also the heated steering wheel on my 2005 545i...but it is Canadian spec. Don't know about US.
Old 06-01-2005, 08:57 AM
Members

My Ride: 2006 530I, Black Sapphire, Gray dakota leather, Cold Weather package, Premium package, Audio upgrade, Comfort seats, Rear heated seats

I went round and round with the dealer with that and counld not get both. You cannot get the cold weather package with the ventelated seats....so you cannot get the heated steering wheel and the headlight washers...The ventelated seats come heated.....I bought a 2006 530I with the cold weather package and no vented seats. I live in the US area.
Old 06-01-2005, 09:06 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by Nine' date='Jun 1 2005, 10:57 AM
I went round and round with the dealer with that and counld not get both. You cannot get the cold weather package with the ventelated seats....so you cannot get the heated steering wheel and the headlight washers...The ventelated seats come heated.....I bought a 2006 530I with the cold weather package and no vented seats. I live in the US area.
[snapback]135124[/snapback]
Another reason to move to Canada
Old 06-01-2005, 09:11 AM
Members

My Ride: 2006 530I, Black Sapphire, Gray dakota leather, Cold Weather package, Premium package, Audio upgrade, Comfort seats, Rear heated seats

Originally Posted by Canada545' date='Jun 1 2005, 01:06 PM
[quote name='Nine' date='Jun 1 2005, 10:57 AM']I went round and round with the dealer with that and counld not get both. You cannot get the cold weather package with the ventelated seats....so you cannot get the heated steering wheel and the headlight washers...The ventelated seats come heated.....I bought a 2006 530I with the cold weather package and no vented seats. I live in the US area.
Another reason to move to Canada
[snapback]135128[/snapback]
[/quote]

Or at least purchase it there and drive it back....
Old 06-01-2005, 10:11 AM
NES
Members

Originally Posted by Nine' date='Jun 1 2005, 12:57 PM
I ordered my 530xi with the cold weather and ventilated seats. Its currently en route for delivery next week. Order detail also shows up in BMW OC that both options were indeed there and I also confirmed all options with my dealer. Dont see why it wouldnt be offered. It wasnt even questionable when I placed my order.
Old 06-01-2005, 10:35 AM
Members

Originally Posted by NES' date='Jun 1 2005, 01:11 PM
I ordered my 530xi with the cold weather and ventilated seats.? Its currently en route for delivery next week.? Order detail also shows up in BMW OC that both options were indeed there and I also confirmed all options with my dealer.? Dont see why it wouldnt be offered.? It wasnt even questionable when I placed my order.
[snapback]135147[/snapback]
That's good news! From which dealer did you order the car?
Old 06-01-2005, 11:29 AM
NES
Members

Originally Posted by tesla' date='Jun 1 2005, 02:35 PM
[quote name='NES' date='Jun 1 2005, 01:11 PM']I ordered my 530xi with the cold weather and ventilated seats.? Its currently en route for delivery next week.? Order detail also shows up in BMW OC that both options were indeed there and I also confirmed all options with my dealer.? Dont see why it wouldnt be offered.? It wasnt even questionable when I placed my order.
[snapback]135147[/snapback]
That's good news! From which dealer did you order the car?
[snapback]135156[/snapback]
[/quote]

Endurance BMW in Westchester

I also called BMW of Manhattan where I have purchased a few cars from and they confirmed the same. Some more confirmation: When I went shopping around I had prices compared with the options I wanted and noone had told me anything that they wernt available. In all honestly, heated seats are with ventilated seats. heated steering wheel is with cold weather. in essence, when buying cold weather with ventilated your kind of paying twice for the heated seats. I was actually told that you cant order parts within the option package. So I guess I took a hit, but at least I got the car the way I wanted it. I will keep you guys updated when my car arrives next week!
Old 06-01-2005, 12:57 PM
Super Moderator

My Ride: F02 LCI Individual
Model Year: 2013

I've heard it's not possible to have them both in the US, but here in Germany you can get them both together, just like in Canada.
Old 06-01-2005, 02:48 PM
Members

Originally Posted by NES' date='Jun 1 2005, 02:29 PM
Endurance BMW in Westchester

I also called BMW of Manhattan where I have purchased a few cars from and they confirmed the same.? Some more confirmation: When I went shopping around I had prices compared with the options I wanted and noone had told me anything that they wernt available.? In all honestly, heated seats are with ventilated seats. heated steering wheel is with cold weather.? in essence, when buying cold weather with ventilated your kind of paying twice for the heated seats.? I was actually told that you cant order parts within the option package.? So I guess I took a hit, but at least I got the car the way I wanted it.? I will keep you guys updated when my car arrives next week!?
[snapback]135194[/snapback]
Thanks for the information. I'm looking forward to your update!

Quick Reply: Ventilated Seats AND Heated Steering Wheel?