E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

veba screen problem

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-2006, 10:34 AM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 525ise, Dec 2003, Silver Grey, Black Dakota Leather, Bluetooth, 18'' Runflats, Folding mirrors, Automatic/man box,parking sensers front/rear,latest addition 645ci black saphire, with everthing on, nothing it does not have.

i installed a veba screen to the rear with a ps2. the only problem is that the screen when playing games or dvd keeps on being wavey. i have emailed company i purchased from.could it be an interference problem?
Old 03-19-2006, 11:56 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2005 525i : Alpine White, Steptronic, Black Interior with Amethyst Leather & Popular Grain Brown, 17" 122-Style Rims, Adaptive Bi-Xenon Headlights, Auto Dimming & Folding Mirrors, Advanced A/C, Sports Steering Wheel, Electrically Adjustable Steering Column, Extended Lighting Package, PDC, Sliding Armrest, Bus Navi, Hi-Fi Sound System (MP3 DVDs), CD Changer, Rear Sunshades.. MODS:M-tech front bumper, Painted Grill, Installed Aux-In, Garage Door Opener (Overhead Compartement), ///M Steering wheel, Wood hand brake trim, Wood gear-shift lever. 35% Tint all around.. Got, ACS Roof Spoiler, but not installed..

i do not have any experince in this subject,,,but i can make a suggestion

have u checked them, when you are away from the car...
if they are working normally then maybe its interference...
you should check the same setup (exactly same wiring) at home or somewhere indoors, away from the car....
if they work fine, and only wavey in the car, and asuming it is interference...then try moving the screens and wires around in the car...maybe you would find a spot with no interference...
Old 03-19-2006, 12:12 PM
Members

My Ride: 525ise, Dec 2003, Silver Grey, Black Dakota Leather, Bluetooth, 18'' Runflats, Folding mirrors, Automatic/man box,parking sensers front/rear,latest addition 645ci black saphire, with everthing on, nothing it does not have.

thought of trying it trouble is the screen only comes with 12v car power
Old 03-19-2006, 01:00 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2005 525i : Alpine White, Steptronic, Black Interior with Amethyst Leather & Popular Grain Brown, 17" 122-Style Rims, Adaptive Bi-Xenon Headlights, Auto Dimming & Folding Mirrors, Advanced A/C, Sports Steering Wheel, Electrically Adjustable Steering Column, Extended Lighting Package, PDC, Sliding Armrest, Bus Navi, Hi-Fi Sound System (MP3 DVDs), CD Changer, Rear Sunshades.. MODS:M-tech front bumper, Painted Grill, Installed Aux-In, Garage Door Opener (Overhead Compartement), ///M Steering wheel, Wood hand brake trim, Wood gear-shift lever. 35% Tint all around.. Got, ACS Roof Spoiler, but not installed..

there are adapters that convert the wallpower socket into a car plug...but i see noo need to waste money and buy it....just try another car,,,,take the screen and try them on another car,,try a simle configuration on your car see if it is wavey...then try it on the other car..
also have you tried moving the wires and screens around just plug them somewhere else in your car and test them..for example the front power socket. and the rear ones see if there is a diffrenece, or any effect.