E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

vandalized bmws

Search this Thread

Old 12-27-2005, 08:02 PM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2005 530i JETBLACK/BLACK DAKOTA, COLD WEATHER PKG, PREMIUM PKG, ADAPTIVE XENON HEADLIGHTS, AUTO TRANSMISSION WITH 6 SPEED STEPTRONIC, BLUETOOTH SETUP,SAT SETUP AND WIFE AS CO-PILOT

saw on the news today about some bmws vandalized with spray paint with the word "oil" and i cant remember what else other than a swaztica symbol... (sorry for spelling) anywaysi saw a silver e60 sprayed... want to know if anyone knows anything about this? and wanna say sorry for the person who got vandaled.... ericd
Old 12-28-2005, 01:10 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2006 550i Titanium Silver, Black Dakota Leather, Aluminum Cube Trim, M Sport Pkg, Premium Pkg, Comfort Access, Head Up Display, Steptronic, Comfort Seats, Rear Heated Seats, Through Load, Park Distance Control, Navigation , HK Logic 7, etc

wow that sucks...which begs the question. How many of you owners have had vandalism or been keyed or stuff like that? No doubt once you are driving a car this sweet, you may tend to park further from the main lot in malls etc, less chance of door dings and all that? I have thought about this and know I will be stressed about it. Any thoughts?
Old 12-28-2005, 01:22 AM
Members

My Ride: 2006 BMW 525i - Silver Gray Metallic - Black Leather - Poplar Trim - Steptronic - Sport Package - Premium Package - Xenon Adaptive Headlights - Satellite Radio Prep - Rear Bumper Reflectors

Originally Posted by Trev550i' post='216217' date='Dec 28 2005, 02:10 AM
wow that sucks...which begs the question. How many of you owners have had vandalism or been keyed or stuff like that? No doubt once you are driving a car this sweet, you may tend to park further from the main lot in malls etc, less chance of door dings and all that? I have thought about this and know I will be stressed about it. Any thoughts?
Had coffee thrown on the passenger window/door one time after parking in a parking garage while I was away. When I got back, the coffee was all dry, leaving brownish gunk on the side. Don't know if the person nextdoor was trying to empty his/her coffee mug, and didn't mean to do that to my car??
Old 12-28-2005, 01:49 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2006 550i Titanium Silver, Black Dakota Leather, Aluminum Cube Trim, M Sport Pkg, Premium Pkg, Comfort Access, Head Up Display, Steptronic, Comfort Seats, Rear Heated Seats, Through Load, Park Distance Control, Navigation , HK Logic 7, etc

Originally Posted by PotatoAddict' post='216225
Had coffee thrown on the passenger window/door one time after parking in a parking garage while I was away. When I got back, the coffee was all dry, leaving brownish gunk on the side. Don't know if the person nextdoor was trying to empty his/her coffee mug, and didn't mean to do that to my car??
[/quote]

wow, still sucks. Have to assume that was intentional. Any areas or cities worse then others?
Old 12-28-2005, 02:00 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2005 530i JETBLACK/BLACK DAKOTA, COLD WEATHER PKG, PREMIUM PKG, ADAPTIVE XENON HEADLIGHTS, AUTO TRANSMISSION WITH 6 SPEED STEPTRONIC, BLUETOOTH SETUP,SAT SETUP AND WIFE AS CO-PILOT

i know thats "its just a car"...so people say.. but i worked too hard to obtain my car..so its valuable to me...so i do stress out alot as to where i park the car..it bugs my wife alot .ericd
'
Old 12-28-2005, 02:20 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by ericdbs' post='216243' date='Dec 28 2005, 05:00 AM
i know thats "its just a car"...so people say.. but i worked too hard to obtain my car..so its valuable to me...so i do stress out alot as to where i park the car..it bugs my wife alot .ericd
'
exactly! It is very valuable and no doubt some jealous jerkoff may try and sabotage it. Very stressful
Old 12-28-2005, 03:13 AM
Contributors

My Ride: My ex-ride: EU '08 LCI 520dA. Space Grey, Sport Seats in Black Leather/Fabric Anthracite, Sport Steering Wheel, A/C with Extended Features, Hi-Fi Speakers, Cup Holders, Cruise with Braking function, Folding Rear Seats, Xenons, Park Distance Control.

Originally Posted by Trev550i' post='216253
'
exactly! It is very valuable and no doubt some jealous jerkoff may try and sabotage it. Very stressful
[/quote]

Makes my go mad, the lunatics are everywhere
Old 12-28-2005, 07:15 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2005 545i (SMG) Titanium Gray Black Interior, Anthracite Trim M-tech kit Sport Package Premium Sound Satellite Radio Active Cruise Comfort Seats Navigation Folding rear seats

I wish we had laws like Singapore here in the USA.

In Singapore, the penalty for valdalizing cars is public torture. You get caned in the town square.

We should do that here. There is NO excuse for vandalism.

Personally, I wouldn't have a problem if we apply the death penalty for it.... but I guess some people would think that extreme.
Old 12-28-2005, 07:23 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2003 X5 3.0----->gone 2004 Porsche Cayenne S : Gemballa front and back bodykit, fabspeed bypass pipes, Gemballa exhaust pipes, full option, 20" factory sport design rims------>gone 2005 545i 6-spd manual---->de-badged, CDV removal, Autosolutions short shift kit, resonator removal, premium package, PDC, xenon, almost full options, hardwire V1 install ....looking for mods... 2007 550i 6-spd----> Premium package, sport package, Logic7, heated everything, Rogue Engineering SSK, CDV removal, hardwire V1 install, aFe cold air intake, Custom Magnaflow exhaust....

Originally Posted by subterFUSE' post='216329' date='Dec 28 2005, 11:15 AM
I wish we had laws like Singapore here in the USA.

In Singapore, the penalty for valdalizing cars is public torture. You get caned in the town square.

We should do that here. There is NO excuse for vandalism.

Personally, I wouldn't have a problem if we apply the death penalty for it.... but I guess some people would think that extreme.
haha....i remembered the Michael Fay case where the US president made big news and tried to get the vandal to the US to avoid caning which was deemed to be too extreme. Forgot the details as I was only 7 at that time.

Anyways....my car has been vandalized badly twice while I was in the US. First, parked my car in Chicago Chinatown (Opposite from Peanang Restaurant in parking lot under subway tracks). Found out that someone had driven a nail into the damn passenger side door, had insurance replace it. Second time was in Waltham, my previous apartment where cars are parked outside. Found a few scrathes on the drivers side door....damn....have yet to repaint the car... :thumbsdown:
Old 12-28-2005, 12:14 PM
Senior Members

wouldn't you like to catch them doing it? The cops would be the least of their problems!

Quick Reply: vandalized bmws