E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

Value and reward.....

Search this Thread

Old 12-10-2009, 10:16 AM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2006 550i w/ sport package: bone stock :( 2006 Yamaha R-6exy Raven: Fully Loaded Track weapon 2004 Ducati 749 Testaretta: Fully Loaded two other family cars that I dont care to mention, lol!

Hey guys,

My 550i that has 70K miles took a plunge, well it got stuck in transmission fail safe mode... so I got a hold of a old buddy of mine who is a bigtime BMW enthusiast... I towed my car to him and this is what he did.

My oil pan was leaking and losing tranny fluid, hence why the transmission locked into safe mode - he put new ZF oil pan and 6 quarts of Pentosin tranny fluid

my valve cover gaskets were leaking so he replaced those, he also replaced the 2 vaccum thingy on both sides..

Flushed and refilled coolant

flushed and refilled brake lines with ATE super blue brake fluid

flushed and refilled differential

added ipod dock and controls to idrive

oil change

changed all belts

new alternator

replaced all spark plugs with bosch platinums

and detailed the car to a "T"

He basically charged me $400 dollars in labor, I didn't have my car for a month but god dam the things runs like it was brand new again!!!! Only reason was because we had to wait for parts from bavauto......I also dealt with rmeuropean and those guy rock, next day I got my stuff from them... great customer service...

what would I have been looking at if it went to a stealership?

I owe my buddy bigtime!
Old 12-10-2009, 10:31 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2005 BMW 545i

Wow, awesome deal. I don't even want to calculate that at a dealership. I smell a zero added to what you paid or around that mark.

If your friend comes to So Cal and he wants another BMW to service, let me know
Old 12-10-2009, 11:00 AM
Senior Members

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: 2008 535i: (8/07 Build) Metallic Bronze, Beige NASCA Leather, Ventilated Seats, Sport Pkg, Cold Wxr Pkg, Logic-7 Sound, HUD, Night Vision, PDC, Split Rear Seats, NAV, Premium Pkg, Comfort Access, HD Radio, Sport Auto Trans Current mods: M-Aero Kit, JB4, Motorcepts 6000k HID Foglamps Umnitza ICE-Lite 10w LED 6000k AE's 1992 Camaro RS: Fully Restored w/Custom Interior, 5.0L V8, T-tops, OEM Z28 Foglamps, Inst Cluster, & Spoiler, Custom Sound, Too many engine mods to list

If you went to a dealer to have the work done, you would have hopped on one leg from your car to your computer and typed your post with only one hand.
Old 12-10-2009, 11:48 AM
Members

My Ride: '09 BMW 535i '04 Chevrolet Colorado LS Crewcab

A thank you card is in order for sure.
Old 12-10-2009, 12:05 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by will2k' post='1071526' date='Dec 10 2009, 02:16 PM
Hey guys,

My 550i that has 70K miles took a plunge, well it got stuck in transmission fail safe mode... so I got a hold of a old buddy of mine who is a bigtime BMW enthusiast... I towed my car to him and this is what he did.

My oil pan was leaking and losing tranny fluid, hence why the transmission locked into safe mode - he put new ZF oil pan and 6 quarts of Pentosin tranny fluid

my valve cover gaskets were leaking so he replaced those, he also replaced the 2 vaccum thingy on both sides..

Flushed and refilled coolant

flushed and refilled brake lines with ATE super blue brake fluid

flushed and refilled differential

added ipod dock and controls to idrive
My Insurance got banged out for $2700 for the tranny pan gasket, The rear diff seals and the valve cover gaskets. You owe your friend BIG time.

oil change

changed all belts

new alternator

replaced all spark plugs with bosch platinums

and detailed the car to a "T"

He basically charged me $400 dollars in labor, I didn't have my car for a month but god dam the things runs like it was brand new again!!!! Only reason was because we had to wait for parts from bavauto......I also dealt with rmeuropean and those guy rock, next day I got my stuff from them... great customer service...

what would I have been looking at if it went to a stealership?

I owe my buddy bigtime!
Old 12-10-2009, 12:06 PM
Contributors

My Insurance got banged out for $2700 for the tranny pan gasket, The rear diff seals and the valve cover gaskets. You owe your friend BIG time.
Old 12-10-2009, 12:13 PM
Members

My Ride: 2006 550i w/ sport package: bone stock :( 2006 Yamaha R-6exy Raven: Fully Loaded Track weapon 2004 Ducati 749 Testaretta: Fully Loaded two other family cars that I dont care to mention, lol!

I heard but don't know if this correct, but the tranny oil pan and tranny flush alone is about $800 dollars in labor from the stealership! and I heard just changing out the spark plugs will run around 500..thats crazy,

yah im going to take him out to a good steak house for some lobster and steak!

I have a dodge neon that I commute with that seems to be on its last leg, so I asked him if I bought a e36 M3 sedan will he do the same thing to it and he was like yah and excited, he loves BMW's!!
Old 12-10-2009, 03:10 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2005 BMW 545i

If I had a friend like this, I would still have my E46 M3. Maintenance cost for myself = $$$$$, maintenance costs for myself if I had your friend = $
Old 12-10-2009, 03:28 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2005 BMW 545i Sport Package, Jet Black M166 OEM Wheels M5 Style Body kit RPI Scoop BMC Air Filter Valentine One Radar Detector 35% tint all around

you are in Nor Cal ..

is your friend interested in some more clients? (i may need to do some tune up as well)
Old 12-10-2009, 04:26 PM
Members

I'll ask him, I honestly don't know if he's doing this as a favor or if he just likes working on cars, but you can tell he takes pride and ownership in his work. I mean the guy treated all the rubber linings around the car, cleaned the milk stains I had on my leather seats from my kids, and his cars are immaculate!

What did u need done? I'll ask him