E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

URGENT advise needed

Search this Thread

Old 08-08-2013, 04:27 PM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Texas_Vol
I knew they were going to deny that. Rotors are a wear and tear item, that means once they reach a certain amount of miles/time their life is over. Your warranty will only cover them if they prematurely wear out due to a defect.
so you mean warping is not a defect? the service advisor asked me to call the BMW USA customer service and appeal there,, does anyone have any experience in talking to BMW USA ???
Old 08-09-2013, 07:37 AM
New Members

My Ride: '08 535i Sport

Originally Posted by fatboysam
so you mean warping is not a defect? the service advisor asked me to call the BMW USA customer service and appeal there,, does anyone have any experience in talking to BMW USA ???
Depending on how many miles you have on them, no, it isn't a defect. "Lifetime" warranty on brake parts doesn't mean lifetime of the car, it simply means expected lifetime of normal wear.
Old 08-09-2013, 07:48 AM
Members

Depending on how many miles you have on them, no, it isn't a defect. "Lifetime" warranty on brake parts doesn't mean lifetime of the car, it simply means expected lifetime of normal wear.
So you mean i would end up paying for all of this ? shall I talk to BMW USA about it ?
Old 08-09-2013, 07:55 AM
New Members

So you mean i would end up paying for all of this ? shall I talk to BMW USA about it ?
I don't know, I've been reading about it on the BMW USA site. We need more info for sure, but it does say rotors are covered during routine maintenance. I guess it all comes down to how many miles you have on them.

Actually, after rereading your post, I would call them for sure. It sounds like they're trying to blame your brake problem on another issue, and I would think that it would automatically put it under the CPO warranty.
Old 08-09-2013, 07:56 AM
Members

I don't know, I've been reading about it on the BMW USA site. We need more info for sure, but it does say rotors are covered during routine maintenance. I guess it all comes down to how many miles you have on them.
My car has 58000 miles, and so as the rotors
Old 08-09-2013, 07:57 AM
New Members

My car has 58000 miles, and so as the rotors
Yeah, it sounds like they're trying to shaft you. I'd go to another dealer, and/or call the BMW service rep.
Old 08-09-2013, 08:28 AM
Senior Members

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
My Ride: 2008 535i LCI with sports/premium package, Sports trans with paddle shifters, CF emblems, JB4 Software, Dinan Exhaust, Navigation, M5Tech body kit, Carbon wrap interrior trim and CIC Controller.

I've heard of them being covered more so under pre 50 k than post 50K with CPO, but not clearly not consistent. I too think each dealer kinda plays it. maybe try another dealer.
Old 08-09-2013, 11:38 AM
New Members

There are 2 plans involved here:

Maintenance plan (usually covers brakes, oil change), standard up to 50k miles, can purchase extended maintenance for ~ $2000

Warrentee plan, standard up to 50k miles, CPO extends this

If you did not purchase an extended maintenance plan the brakes (normal wear and tear) are not
covered by the warrentee (CPO) plan.

There are also expiration time limits for the standard and extended plans of 4/2 years respectively.

Last edited by tvezza; 08-09-2013 at 11:45 AM.
Old 08-09-2013, 12:41 PM
Members

Originally Posted by tvezza
There are 2 plans involved here:

Maintenance plan (usually covers brakes, oil change), standard up to 50k miles, can purchase extended maintenance for ~ $2000

Warrentee plan, standard up to 50k miles, CPO extends this

If you did not purchase an extended maintenance plan the brakes (normal wear and tear) are not
covered by the warrentee (CPO) plan.

There are also expiration time limits for the standard and extended plans of 4/2 years respectively.
I did pay $2095 for extended BMW maintenance plan, that covers brakes, rotors, wiper blades etc
Old 08-09-2013, 04:23 PM
Senior Members

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
My Ride: 2008 535i LCI with sports/premium package, Sports trans with paddle shifters, CF emblems, JB4 Software, Dinan Exhaust, Navigation, M5Tech body kit, Carbon wrap interrior trim and CIC Controller.

What does the contract say? Find it and show it to them if it says there covered.

Quick Reply: URGENT advise needed