E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

URGENT advise needed

Search this Thread

Old 08-07-2013, 03:37 PM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default URGENT advise needed

I will be going to dealership tomorrow, my car is 2008 model, I bought the 2 year BMW maintenance plan, which covers Brake pads, Linings, Rotors, Driver belts, timing fluid flushes, oil/filter, windshield wiper blades.

Since I bought a CPO car, so it's coverage is also valid.

I am going tomorrow for a yearly service, but my car has following problems:

- The windshield pump is not working.

- when I press the brake the steering wheel shakes

Based on your experience, what will be covered and what will they try to deny for ?

for e.g. there can be several reasons for shaky wheel steering, they will force me to go through wheel balancing and alignment, how can I say NO to that and ask them to look at the rotors.. do they really replace anything in the extended coverage.

Please help me, I have to go tomorrow morning and I am really nervous.
Old 08-07-2013, 04:55 PM
Senior Members

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
My Ride: 2008 535i LCI with sports/premium package, Sports trans with paddle shifters, CF emblems, JB4 Software, Dinan Exhaust, Navigation, M5Tech body kit, Carbon wrap interrior trim and CIC Controller.

Simple, tell them what it's doing and to drive it. When they do, they will know what they need to do. You say your plan covers brakes etc so there should be no debate about this. Always tell them to notify you first if any charges before they repair something that is not covered. Remember, YOU are the customer!
Old 08-07-2013, 05:06 PM
Members

Originally Posted by tonyb635
Simple, tell them what it's doing and to drive it. When they do, they will know what they need to do. You say your plan covers brakes etc so there should be no debate about this. Always tell them to notify you first if any charges before they repair something that is not covered. Remember, YOU are the customer!
what if they ask me for $200 for wheel balance? what shall i do? shall i get it done from outside? will that void extened warranty etc
Old 08-07-2013, 05:13 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2008 535i LCI with sports/premium package, Sports trans with paddle shifters, CF emblems, JB4 Software, Dinan Exhaust, Navigation, M5Tech body kit, Carbon wrap interrior trim and CIC Controller.

You don't have to get anything done there. Why would they asked you for 200 to balance your wheels? They need to drive car and tell you what's wrong with it. Even if your's need balancing it still doesn't change the fact that your rotors are jacked. Balance should cost no more than 60 -100

Last edited by tonyb635; 08-08-2013 at 02:02 AM.
Old 08-07-2013, 10:35 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2006 BMW 550i

Originally Posted by fatboysam
what if they ask me for $200 for wheel balance? what shall i do? shall i get it done from outside? will that void extened warranty etc
tell them that an out of balance wheel would vibrate all the time. dont let them push you.
shaking steering only when braking is almost always a rotor issue. they are warped probably.
Old 08-08-2013, 09:35 AM
Members

Guys,

I just dropped off my car, the dealership is saying the vibration in the steering could be due to control arm bushings broke, I don;t know what that is, but it's not covered under warranty, he will call me again with the pricing info... Please let me know ASAP what price I can expect to pay ??? Thanks....
Old 08-08-2013, 11:19 AM
Senior Members

The price they give you... Otherwise, you have to take it to an Indy shop which will be cheaper. I find it odd that your plan covers brakes etc but not control arm bushings.
Old 08-08-2013, 12:19 PM
New Members

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Guys,

I just dropped off my car, the dealership is saying the vibration in the steering could be due to control arm bushings broke, I don;t know what that is, but it's not covered under warranty, he will call me again with the pricing info... Please let me know ASAP what price I can expect to pay ??? Thanks....

Control arm bushing was fixed on my car with my extended warranty

I would talk with a supervisor or manager

Doesn't hurt to ask

GL
Old 08-08-2013, 02:00 PM
Members

I got a call from the dealership, this is the estimate they gave:

front brakes (front rotors warped) $607.87
Replace front thrust rod / control arm bushing (Found front
thrust rod / control arm bushing leaking) : $603.74
Perform alignment (Found front thrust rod / control arm
bushing leaking): $179.95

AND THEY DECLINED ALL OF THE ABOVE COVERAGE, I asked them why you declined the coverage for front brakes(front rototrs), they said you warranty covers the worn out above some specification, and I do not qualify for the above. WHAT DOES THAT MEAN ??

I have to pickup my vehicle in 1 hour, let me know what shall I do ? shall I talk to the Supervisor ? My point is you are recommending me to get the front brakes/rotors replaced which are covered by my Extended warranty, and you are declining it also ...
Old 08-08-2013, 03:46 PM
New Members

My Ride: '08 535i Sport

AND THEY DECLINED ALL OF THE ABOVE COVERAGE, I asked them why you declined the coverage for front brakes(front rototrs), they said you warranty covers the worn out above some specification, and I do not qualify for the above. WHAT DOES THAT MEAN ??
I knew they were going to deny that. Rotors are a wear and tear item, that means once they reach a certain amount of miles/time their life is over. Your warranty will only cover them if they prematurely wear out due to a defect.

Quick Reply: URGENT advise needed