E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

Uploading phone contact addresses BT

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-2010, 05:26 AM
Senior Members

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I just had bluetooth activated. I was disappointed to notice that a contact address doesn't display. i.e. Not able to use the contact address in NAV.

Is there a way to upload IPHONE address books?

Also, say I'm in the iDrive screen area of Entertainment.. If you press the steering phone button, this automatically calls, I guess, the last number dialed. I would expect it to switch the screen to contact listings so I'm able to select a contact and call. ?
Old 03-25-2010, 11:06 AM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2006 525XI silver/grey

I'm in the same boat with you. Look forward to hearing replies.

06 525xi

I belive voice response is off line as well.
No phone book transfer for me as well
Old 03-25-2010, 12:37 PM
Members

My Ride: 530i 2006 model w/ Nav

Originally Posted by jgbmw
I just had bluetooth activated. I was disappointed to notice that a contact address doesn't display. i.e. Not able to use the contact address in NAV.

Also, say I'm in the iDrive screen area of Entertainment.. If you press the steering phone button, this automatically calls, I guess, the last number dialed. I would expect it to switch the screen to contact listings so I'm able to select a contact and call. ?

Hmm.....I have an iPhone 3G and once in the car it will take a minute to recognize the phone. Once it does the 2 phone icons appear in iDrive and then presto....all my contacts come up in the iDrive screen. Not sure why your system is not doing the same thing? Even if I recently program a new number on the phone the next time I am in the car that newly programmed number is already in the contacts on the iDrive.
Old 03-25-2010, 02:19 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2006 525XI, Jet black on Dakota beige. Premium and winter packages. I consider myself a purist and intend to keep my car absolutely stock and shiny. 2008 328I Convertible, Sapphire black on beige interior. Premium package, NAV, iPod adapter. Retired: 2002 325I, Titanium silver on black leather. Premium package. Absolutely stock and proud of it.

I don't have NAV and therefore I'm not qualified to answer your question about addresses displaying in NAV. Is that even possible? You are correct, the button with the icon of the phone on it will dial your las call, however, one of the two programmable buttons on the right can be programmed to show the phone contacts.

Originally Posted by Silver525xi

06 525xi

I belive voice response is off line as well.
The phone book transfer should happen automatically, provided you are using one of the cell phone on the BMW "approved" phone list. The iPhone is an approved phone. If your phone is approved, you should talk to your dealer.
Old 03-25-2010, 02:44 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by porsche911targa
I don't have NAV and therefore I'm not qualified to answer your question about addresses displaying in NAV. Is that even possible? You are correct, the button with the icon of the phone on it will dial your las call, however, one of the two programmable buttons on the right can be programmed to show the phone contacts.

The phone book transfer should happen automatically, provided you are using one of the cell phone on the BMW "approved" phone list. The iPhone is an approved phone. If your phone is approved, you should talk to your dealer.

So in addition to the contact name and phone numbers, their address should display as well, right? My contacts load just fine; it's the addresses within the contact information that is not loading. For example, I would think the address would load so I could quickly use that information for my navigation.
Old 03-25-2010, 05:17 PM
Members

My Ride: 530i 2006 model w/ Nav

So in addition to the contact name and phone numbers, their address should display as well, right? My contacts load just fine; it's the addresses within the contact information that is not loading. For example, I would think the address would load so I could quickly use that information for my navigation.

Ok now I see what you are saying.....no, my car does not load the address (that would be cool if it did, then I could just add it to the NAV system). It just loads the name and the phone number. It does load the name and phone number in reverse order......when I use the voice method I have to say the last name first and the the first name followed by the words "home, mobile, or work".
Old 03-25-2010, 05:27 PM
Senior Members

Yeah, I can't believe it's not available. So it appears that I have all of the functionality of bluetooth.
Old 03-25-2010, 11:04 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2006 550i, 1984 Mercedes Gelandewagen

Originally Posted by Silver525xi
I have two identical model phones (Nokia 6230). One has firmware from Cingular and the other was a hacked/reflashed back to the OEM/Nokia firmware. The Cingular version does not support BT phonebook sync. The original Nokia firmware does.

I suspect that a lot of the free phones that major wireless carriers give away do not enable BT correctly. If this is the case, you should see if you can have your phone flashed to the original firmware version.
Old 03-26-2010, 05:24 AM
Senior Members

I have the original iPhone version phone "2G", but it has the current software version for iPhone.

Does anyone have an iPhone uploading street addresses from contacts?
Old 03-26-2010, 06:19 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2010 VW Passat Wagon 2.0l Tsi Grey/Grey Budapest 18" Lost to HPFP issues: 08 535i sport pkg Lost to Dreaded E61 Sun roof leaks: 07 E61 530Xi

Not in the USA... Also think there is a Cap on the number of contacts that will transfer over too. Like 2000 or so....
Best to move this to the Phone section of the forum.

THe addresses from most GSM phones in the USA (T-mobile and Att) don't load up to the nav.
And the Phone contact information is limited... no different ring tones for different people

Quick Reply: Uploading phone contact addresses BT