E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

upgrading stock stereo system?

Search this Thread

Old 12-31-2012, 02:23 PM
New Members

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default upgrading stock stereo system?

I have the regular system not the logic 7. I have searched and seen many used a pnp Blaupunkt but they are no longer made. Any other options? I may just upgrade the stock 8's and add a better amp.
Old 01-01-2013, 07:32 AM
ysp
New Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: BMW E60 LCI

I bought from Technic a cable set that you connected directly to the rear from the headunit and goes till the trunk there you can add whatever you want,is actually just the same as blaupunkt!!! i bought JBL MS8 which works good(could be better) also EARTHQUAKE SW8 for under the seats and i add tweeters and rainbow speakers front and rear also thanks to the MS8 you can add a center channel,i woulnd buy the SW8 i will just add a subwoofer to the trunk i added FUSION CP-AW1121 i like!!!there is a lot of choices i will also try this be4 you buy all the things i mentioned before i have a friend who only added a sub to the trunk and he's music is as good as mine the rest is oem.
Hope this help you!!!! Happy new year!
Old 01-02-2013, 11:55 AM
New Members

Default Keep it simple

I installed a kicker amp and a kick L7 sub and I couldn't be happier, our sound system isn't that bad once you take the bass out of it. The sound is great and very clear and I'm not even pushing my amp at half power it was very cost effective just adding those two elements and keeping all my speakers stock oem.
Old 01-02-2013, 12:04 PM
Contributors

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: 2008 550I LOADED, all options except HUD and NV

I don't know what options your car has, but mine has NAV and then there's the iDrive. So I stuck with teh stock headunit, added the BSW (bavarian sound werks) speaker pkg, and a 12" JL Audio sub in the trunk. Sounds great, especially after I added the AUX input into my iDrive so I can connect either my iPod or cell phone to the car and listen to either or, plus adding the AUX enables MP3 playback in the CD drive so there's an added bonus.
Old 01-02-2013, 12:18 PM
Members
Senior Members

My Ride: 2014 535 Alpine White

Originally Posted by pjinca
I don't know what options your car has, but mine has NAV and then there's the iDrive. So I stuck with teh stock headunit, added the BSW (bavarian sound werks) speaker pkg, and a 12" JL Audio sub in the trunk. Sounds great, especially after I added the AUX input into my iDrive so I can connect either my iPod or cell phone to the car and listen to either or, plus adding the AUX enables MP3 playback in the CD drive so there's an added bonus.

Is the BSW worth the money? I have the L7 system in my car and like it but i just want more bass and maybe more highs.
Old 01-02-2013, 12:41 PM
Contributors

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: 2008 550I LOADED, all options except HUD and NV

Originally Posted by KLR4LIFE
Is the BSW worth the money? I have the L7 system in my car and like it but i just want more bass and maybe more highs.
I love them, I don't have L7 though. They were one of my first mods ever on my car. When I joined the forum I had done only: tints, BSW pkg, and woofer. Since joining the forum....................................let's just say my wife thinks you guys are a baaaaad influence.
Old 01-03-2013, 05:16 PM
New Members

I already had an iPod cable and just tossed and iPod in and man that made a difference for sure. I was thinking about a subwoofer since that was all I added to my 325i and it was perfect. I just hate giving up any trunk space at all.
Old 01-04-2013, 09:17 AM
Members

My Ride: Carbon Black 2008 550i, 20% Black Tint, Orion V4 Angel Eyes, HID (6000k) Fog Lights, RPI GT Exhaust, iPod integration Module, SAT

This info is very helpful. I just recently received my bypass from technic, so I am hoping to get my sub (Jl13.5) and JL amp installed really soon.
Old 01-08-2013, 05:14 PM
Members
Senior Members

My Ride: Sold: 545i, sport package, cold weather, 6MT
Model Year: 2004
Engine: N62

Need a sound upgrade in my non-Logic 2004 and found this thread. Thanks for the info guys.

Does anybody else's satellite radio sound awful? Mind almost sounds like it's coming in as mono not stereo. I'm on a $25 6-month trial, but definitely plan to cancel.
Old 01-08-2013, 05:33 PM
New Members

I am debating what to do, I wish I could add a sub without losing trunk space.

Quick Reply: upgrading stock stereo system?