E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

UPDATE ON OFFER BY DEALER

Search this Thread

Old 08-02-2007, 02:20 PM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2008 535xi / Platinum Grey / Black leather / Step Auto / Sport / Premium / Cold weather / 18" wheels / Logic 7 / Comfort / ipod / Navigation / Fold Down Rear Seats / Rear Airbags / Sirius SAT / Spoiler / Extended Clear bra / Bluetooth. (Previously owned a 2002 sport 525I Loaded). On order: 535xi Platnium Grey with Black interior, Step Auto, Sports package, Premium package, Cold weather package, 18" wheels, Logic 7, Comfort access, ipod adapt, Navigation, Sat radio, Rear spoiler, Extended Clear coat bra.

Hey guys, UPDATE......

Just wanted to let you guys know that the meeting with the manager and the service manager was very intriguing at first. I was asked if I thought about the offer and that they wanted to make things right. I was then told that a check was going to be cut by BMW and the dealership was going to make me enjoy the car more by putting some things that I wanted on it, like the wheels, ipod adapter and as he put it other things. I was kind of waiting for the catch and it came. They mentioned the release letter and form. That was one of the requirements which they wanted me to sign. I knew something was wrong and there it was. I politely explained what I've been through with my car and was under the impression that this was a good will gesture for my troubles. I asked, why would I give my rights as an owner of a new vehicle and sign some document releasing BMW of all liability for the last 3 months. I told them I consulted with my attorney and that he advised me not to sign anything. As hard as it was I politely declined the offer.

I requested them to investigate the possibility of a new car and he said he was going to speak to BMW NA today or the latest tomorrow. It's always good to do research and ask questions. Thanks for all of those who came to my aide and i'll keep you guy's posted on the outcome.

Thanks Rick......
Old 08-02-2007, 02:32 PM
Members

Your car works now, so I suppose we're talking about some kind of settlement for punitive damages. I think they're doing right by you by offering you money and upgrades. I also don't thing the release is unreasonable.
Old 08-02-2007, 03:13 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2011, X6 Hybrid . Alpine White , every option. 20" Conti' NON runflats,OEM trunk spoiler , LUX V3 AE's , HP Thunder Fogs , custom front bumper reflector delete........

I'm surprised ! Go for the new car and get them to add the goodies to it !

Good Luck
Old 08-02-2007, 03:14 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2007 530i | Silver Gray/Blk | Step-Tronic | Sport/Premium Package | Logic 7 | PDC | Fold-Down Rear Seats

I just read your initial post and was about to comment to not take the offer because they will make you sign a waiver form. This happened to my cousin and her MB ML350. Her new suv was in the shop numerous times for the same problem. The sneaky service manager almost got her to sign the "we apologize, here's our gift to you" deal. Luckily, her friend, who worked in a law office, accompanied her and saw the waiver of lemon law rights and future litigation on the bottom. Needless to say, she was irrate and demanded a buy back on the spot. MB gave in because they knew my cousin had a case. It doesnt matter how many times they fix it, once it's broken, it'll never be the same. Ask for a new vehicle or buy back!!!!
Old 08-02-2007, 03:47 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2010 M5 alpine white, black full leather, etc.

As your dealer is the same as mine, I will find the resolution of your dilemma rather intriguing. This company aggressively tries to satisfy its customers but at the end of the day they are beholden to the policies and procedures of BMWNA. Therefore, they are, in stages, going to offer you whatever THE BIG BOSS okays and the boss is definitely BMWNA.
The main problem for you to resolve is to get the vehicle you want in a-one condition for as long as possible. Maybe an extended warranty is in order. One thing to consider, on the other hand, is that your valuable time is being wasted on an very up-market automobile and you do not deserve to have that issue go on any longer.
I think you should ask your attorney about the lemon law that applies in you're particular state of residence and start the proceedings as soon as possible. Remember that the dealer will still have to wait for BMWNA to make the next move.
Old 08-02-2007, 07:21 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2008 535xi / Platinum Grey / Black leather / Step Auto / Sport / Premium / Cold weather / 18" wheels / Logic 7 / Comfort / ipod / Navigation / Fold Down Rear Seats / Rear Airbags / Sirius SAT / Spoiler / Extended Clear bra / Bluetooth. (Previously owned a 2002 sport 525I Loaded). On order: 535xi Platnium Grey with Black interior, Step Auto, Sports package, Premium package, Cold weather package, 18" wheels, Logic 7, Comfort access, ipod adapt, Navigation, Sat radio, Rear spoiler, Extended Clear coat bra.

Originally Posted by 1600' post='454664' date='Aug 2 2007, 07:47 PM
As your dealer is the same as mine, I will find the resolution of your dilemma rather intriguing. This company aggressively tries to satisfy its customers but at the end of the day they are beholden to the policies and procedures of BMWNA. Therefore, they are, in stages, going to offer you whatever THE BIG BOSS okays and the boss is definitely BMWNA.
The main problem for you to resolve is to get the vehicle you want in a-one condition for as long as possible. Maybe an extended warranty is in order. One thing to consider, on the other hand, is that your valuable time is being wasted on an very up-market automobile and you do not deserve to have that issue go on any longer.
I think you should ask your attorney about the lemon law that applies in you're particular state of residence and start the proceedings as soon as possible. Remember that the dealer will still have to wait for BMWNA to make the next move.
The dealership and the people who work there are great. It is one of the best around that's why I bought my car from them. Like someone mentioned before I don't blame the dealer for the mishaps I've had with my car I blame the manufacture for the defects. But as an extension of the manufacture you are equally responsible. I believe you said it best my TIME, the aggravation and the expectation of enjoyment for an expensive car is lost. The honeymoon with my car has been over for a while now. I still love BMW and I'll be the first to say that this dealership has been very good and they do try to satisfy their customers now BMWNA needs to step it up.
Old 08-02-2007, 08:13 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2008 550i ZSP with Style 167 wheels

Originally Posted by slickrick' post='454616' date='Aug 2 2007, 05:20 PM
I was kind of waiting for the catch and it came. They mentioned the release letter and form. That was one of the requirements which they wanted me to sign. I knew something was wrong and there it was. I politely explained what I've been through with my car and was under the impression that this was a good will gesture for my troubles. I asked, why would I give my rights as an owner of a new vehicle and sign some document releasing BMW of all liability for the last 3 months. I told them I consulted with my attorney and that he advised me not to sign anything. As hard as it was I politely declined the offer.
Too bad, but not surprising. BMW won't give anything away unless they have a release. It was not a goodwill gesture by the dealership after all. :thumbsdown:

You did the right thing. Had you accepted, you might regret it later. Time to press for a replacement vehicle.

Lou
Old 08-02-2007, 11:15 PM
Members

You will not get a replacement , imo, as the car has had all is problems resolved if it was a case the car was still in teh workshop now sitting then mayb eyou had a chance.
Looking back on it i would have read the letter, if it was just a release form stating that you would not sue them for the last 3 months then i dont see the problem but i would have pushed for an extra year on the manufactors warranty. so you got our full bumper to bumper for a few years. from what i can see its going to be a negotiation process. i would maybe work on getting a cost price discount for your next car and also the goodies that they are settling for.

We see it wasnt a goodwill gesture so to speak, but there is always a catch you just got to see if it is a small fly fishing rod or a giant fish net to see how bad it is.
Did you take the paper work home and read over it carfully to see what they were asking you to sign. always good to think about these things and read them.