E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

Unused options...What are yours?

Search this Thread

Old 09-17-2007, 10:49 AM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by E1142860' post='470281' date='Sep 17 2007, 12:46 PM
I believe I mentioned it before, have yet to fold down the rear seat.
I would have agreed with you a month ago but in the last month I've used the fold down seats twice. Wthout the ability to fold them down, I never would have been able to fit everything in my trunk and wouldn't have been able to take my car on the trips. They are quite easy to fold and it really increases the space tremendously.
Old 09-17-2007, 11:07 AM
Members

Heated steering wheel, although I'll use the heated seats every once in a while.

The stupid inner compartment inside the center console storage area. Too difficult to access while driving, and it takes away any usable space inside the main compartment. Seriously, I have to open two lids to access any storage??

The blue/red vent controls. This is my third BMW and I still can't figure out what these are used for. Don't you use the temp knob to control temperature?

ugggh
Old 09-17-2007, 11:10 AM
Members

My Ride: 2007 E60 535d M-Sport Individual. Moonstone with extended Platinum Leather, Professional Nav, Piano Black Trim, HUD plus other stuff like 20" Hartge Classic 2's!

What a very good thread!

Okay, i have never once used the 6-Disc CD changer... i have never used used the tiptronic, only slammed it into "D" and gone.. and one option (you're going to lynch me for saying this) that i rarely use and find completely useless and annoying is the HUD !!! I find myself looking at the HUD more than the road sometimes, so just turn it off. Who cares what it says? If i'm up the ass of the car in front it's irrelevant what speed i'm doing, so i don't need it in orange hovering above my bonnet. The motorways are so jammed here anyway i rarely get above 80mph, and when i do 'let it loose' i have a quick glance at the speedo! As for the Sat Nav, i find the 'perspective' mode miles easier to use then the 2D version on the HUD. As for 'instant MPG readout'.. well, if that's important to you go and get a Prius!

(Runs for cover)

Lee

PS - Before you flame me, it was on the car when i bought it, specced by the dealer. Mine was a 90 day old 'ex-demo'
Old 09-17-2007, 11:11 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 545iSMGSilver GrayAuburn Dakota LeatherLogic 7 Premium SoundSports Package

Least used function for me that I can recall at the moment.

Ya Airbags I have to agree, then theres ABS, and DSC hardly ever use those too.

Haha well ok least used options? Humm I didnt get any options that I dont use... my cars pretty stipped out.
Ok 1 option that I did get and dont really get to use much... the 325 hp and 330lbs of TQ. I hardly use it all I probably use like 70hp while crusing on the freeway.

Yes BlueTooth I use very often. One of the most used features. But thats a feature not an option right?

Options would be Active Cruise Control, NAV, Night Vision, Sat Radio, Cold Weather Package, Rear sun screens, Xenon Lights, Sports / Comfort Seats.

Oh other than that everything I have I use... *phew* I didnt waste any money.
Old 09-17-2007, 11:12 AM
Members

Originally Posted by the-oneil' post='470182' date='Sep 17 2007, 10:44 AM
I think if you change the phone to one that works (especially the WM5 or WM6 phones), you will change your mind about Bluetooth.

I find it very useful to check the caller's number on the display, answering with a touch of a button and having a clear conversation without having to pick up my phone or muting my audio system.

As for making a call, nothing beats having all my contacts on the bigscreen infront of me, so I can dial a friend's number with a single push of the idrive knob, or pressing a button on my steering wheel.

As you know, you can get points on your license if you are caught holding a mobile phone to your ear, not to mention a fine too. but more impotantly, it is safer.
I have #638 Prof Phone and works brilliantly... if only my Pearl worked too!
Old 09-17-2007, 11:33 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2008 535i w/ Sports & Permium Pkg. Silv/Blk 2008 VW R32 w/Nav. 1992 VW Corrado Silv/Blk-retired 2001 530i Sports/Premium-retired

Originally Posted by Russ1974' post='470295' date='Sep 17 2007, 01:56 PM
Wow - that surprises me ... I think the shortcuts are excellent!!
Russ, Maybe I need more time to explore the possiblities & I'm still learning all the goodies.
Old 09-17-2007, 11:35 AM
Members

Originally Posted by bruce_miranda' post='470231' date='Sep 17 2007, 04:31 PM
High Beam Assist - Complete waste of ?95...
Not for me, best thing ever on landroads works almost flawless
Old 09-17-2007, 11:41 AM
Members

Originally Posted by E60BEEMER' post='470180' date='Sep 17 2007, 11:30 AM
MY Bluetooth option, complete waste of money, m Nokia does not work , and nor do the newer models.

This was a pointless extra for me now.
Complete agreement, had it before and dropped it in the following cars. The mike picks up the driving noise and makes it hard for your partner to understand you, at least on German Autobahns at high speed. I prefer a bluetooth headset that rests in front of the iDrive screen, a short grab and mount and I have a perfectly clear talk which nobody in the car can eavesdrop.

Bernd
Old 09-17-2007, 11:46 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2005 530i Individual, DVD Package, HUD, Bluetooth, Comfort Seats, SR, etc

Heads up Display
Silly cup holders which dont come out when you press it ...or comes out on its own on a $180k car (In Bangladesh )
Rear Arm rest...when you fold it down feels like the whole seats comes with it...eek...
Sunroof (Dhaka , the city I live is very polluted ..)
Parktronic , with millions of people and random traffic if you follow the sound you are done....
Cruise Control...no where really to cruise..you have to brake every few kms lol...

so my unused feature are mostly based on demographic conditions...but in California...I gotta have all of the above or more...lol....
Old 09-17-2007, 12:02 PM
Contributors

I don't think it's an option, but a feature that I haven't used yet is the "auto air-conditioning while parked" feature. I'm sure it's not called that but the ability to program your ac to turn on at a certain time prior to entering your vehicle so you enter a cool vehicle (pun intended).

Quick Reply: Unused options...What are yours?